Mitch Mc Connell confirms vote Friday a.m. for SCOTUS

It is expected to be close. The Vice President can be a tie breaker if needed.
Murkowski and Collins better remember we have LONG memories. :) Anyone who believed that lying nutcase woman today has blinders on. Kavanaugh was MUCH more convincing than she was by a LONG SHOT.

Kavanaugh was much more emotional, angry and defensive. Ford was very credible. And I'm not the only one who thought so.

"This was extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible,” Wallace said during an appearance on Fox News during a brief Senate Judiciary Committee recess.

“Nobody could listen to her deliver those words and talk about the assault and the impact it had had on her life and not have your heart go out to her,” the "Fox News Sunday" host continued. “She obviously was traumatized by an event.”

“This is a disaster for the Republicans,” Wallace added.

I would be as well.

Anyone would detest being put before the nation to prove your innocence.

That is not how justice works. The way it works is that you first prove someone's guilt dolt.

I would be mad as hell.

The whole idea of proving your innocence is just crazy to have to do in this country.

If you paid attention...Dr.Ford the accuser did not seem upset that her supposed female friend who was supposedly at the supposed party...couldn't back her up...because of medical problems? Dr.Ford would not tell a "lifelong friend" she claims was at the party what happened all the years they have stayed in touch? 90.jpg This is the friend Leland Keyser...from Politico:
"Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford," said Howard Walsh, who said he has been "engaged in the limited capacity" of corresponding with the committee on behalf of Keyser.
Walsh's email was in response to a missive from one of the lawyers for the GOP majority staff, which stated: "I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article."

If you paid attention...Dr.Ford the accuser did not seem upset that her supposed female friend who was supposedly at the supposed party...couldn't back her up...because of medical problems? Dr.Ford would not tell a "lifelong friend" she claims was at the party what happened all the years they have stayed in touch?View attachment 218936 This is the friend Leland Keyser...from Politico:
"Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford," said Howard Walsh, who said he has been "engaged in the limited capacity" of corresponding with the committee on behalf of Keyser.
Walsh's email was in response to a missive from one of the lawyers for the GOP majority staff, which stated: "I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article."

Five people she claimed were at the party have no recollection of ever being at the party. That is the fact that has me really wondering if she has FMS. It just seems odd.

Murkowski and Collins better remember we have LONG memories. :) Anyone who believed that lying nutcase woman today has blinders on. Kavanaugh was MUCH more convincing than she was by a LONG SHOT.

Kavanaugh was much more emotional, angry and defensive. Ford was very credible. And I'm not the only one who thought so.

"This was extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible,” Wallace said during an appearance on Fox News during a brief Senate Judiciary Committee recess.

“Nobody could listen to her deliver those words and talk about the assault and the impact it had had on her life and not have your heart go out to her,” the "Fox News Sunday" host continued. “She obviously was traumatized by an event.”

She was only credible because the Republicans were afraid to actually question her. She can't defend her accusation...she has nothing.

I noticed Odium that she never stated how she got to and home from the incident this was important.

The American people believe Kavanaugh. If he was a rapist, it would have been known early in the process, not last minute.

Yes.... 6 in depth FBI investigations including one for the White House would turn up sex allegations...

I noticed Odium that she never stated how she got to and home from the incident this was important.

Yep....and if the republicans weren't afraid of their own shadows they would have pushed this point as well as all the others.

I thought Tucker Carlson had it right, tonight, when he said that Kavanaugh entered that room all alone...because the republicans and that idiot lawyer they hired certainly weren't prepared to back him up.

I would be as well.

That is not how justice works. The way it works is that you first prove someone's guilt dolt.

I would be mad as hell.
Democrats believe they are doing away with the presumption of innocence for the common good.

I would be as well.

I would be mad as hell.
Democrats believe they are doing away with the presumption of innocence for the common good.

Dems believe in the presumption of innocence for the common good only if one of their guys is the accused. Otherwise, nuh-uh.

Not being reported locally (it is midnight though), but it has been reported that Murkowski is confirming along with the other three (they apparently said they were all voting together.)

I said it yesterday during the hearing thread; Murkowski has two boys...

without a FULL, official investigation it's he said-she said
how godam stupid the hearing was/is
so there are no reasons not to confirm BK
simple as that

Kavanaugh was much more emotional
Indeed it is strange how Christine looked down with the creaky fake voice and throughout did not cry. Kavanaugh had my sympathy right away, but she was weird. Dr. Ford does not need to be believed. Shut up!

She's a horrible actor but she did lie well. Of course that's a built in trait for leftists

This is gonna be as good as election night.

Can’t wait to quote all the shit talking libs after he is confirmed. It’s going to be hilarious.

You’d think they would have learned.

lol

I think the OP is incorrect. Today's vote will merely send the nomination to the full Senate - regardless of how it turns out. The Senate - it is presumed - will vote on it tomorrow (Saturday).

As I have written elsewhere in this forum, the unwillingness of any of the Republicans to state what needed to be stated was disappointing.

"While the Democrats on this committee have described you repeatedly as a 'hero," you are no 'hero' unless what you are saying is true. And I tell you candidly that what you are saying contradicts a mountain of evidence to the contrary and a lifetime of spotless achievement by this nominee. If what you are saying is not true - and that is what I believe - then you are the opposite of a hero. You are a scoundrel."

I was apprehensive after Dr. Ford's testimony, being that the Reps let her and her lawyers run the show... But after Kavanaugh's testimony, and the constant smack down levied by the Reps towards the Dems, I have faith he will get the nomination.

Forum List

Back