Mississippi NAACP leader sent to prison for 10 counts of voter fraud

About Us | Brennan Center for Justice

Our Mission

The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law is a non-partisan public policy and law institute that focuses on the fundamental issues of democracy and justice. Our work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from racial justice in criminal law to Constitutional protection in the fight against terrorism. A singular institution — part think tank, part public interest law firm, part advocacy group — the Brennan Center combines scholarship, legislative and legal advocacy, and communications to win meaningful, measurable change in the public sector.

Why should they have to, though? That's the point. Sure, you can make them get an ID, but why should they have to? There is nothing Voter ID does which cannot already be accomplished by the existing electoral process. It brings no added value, and just creates more government regulations.

I voted for decades without ID. Our nation has voted for centuries without ID.

Federal Voting Assistance Program - Reference Center - Laws - The National Voter Registration Act

Each State is required to ensure proper identification before registration and to ensure proper identification periodically to ensure each voter is in fact still qualified to vote in the location they registered to vote at.

This would include passing State laws requiring positive ID prior to voting.

Wrong. That law is about registration. Did you even read it?

You do not know the difference between registration and voting. Seriously?

[Further the law states that each State must establish a means to purge the rolls of ineligible voters on a periodic bases.

Something I have repeatedly stated should be done to purge dead people from the rolls. See? No Voter ID needed to keep the dead from voting!

You conveniently left out the quoted part which CLEARLY states identification can and should be used through out the VOTING PROCESS. Care to try again?

The purposes of this subchapter are -
(1) to establish procedures that will increase the number of eligible citizens who register to vote in elections for Federal office;
(2) to make it possible for Federal, State, and local governments to implement this subchapter in a manner that enhances the participation of eligible citizens as voters in elections for Federal office;
(3) to protect the integrity of the electoral process; and
(4) to ensure that accurate and current voter registration rolls are maintained.

Nothing about Voter ID.

This is about the REGISTRATION process.

Wrong I quoted the relevant passage. Or is it to hard for you to find it? Shall I look it up again and quote where it is? YOU sure missed it. Of course how you missed the part I quoted is beyond me.

Why was the dead person's name on the voter rolls?

Because the state does a poor job managing their voter rolls. This can be solved without adding more regulations for them to fuck up.

I really don't understand this pseudo-conservative desire to add more laws which regulate the excercising of a constitutional right unnecessarily.

Yet when a state tries to clean the voter rolls up.... you fuckers squawk about that too.

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE..!!!

Do you asshole even listen to yourselves???

Don't be making shit up about me. You will regret it.

If you go back you will find I italicized the word "proper" with respect to the management of the voter registration rolls.

If a purge is done improperly, as was the case in Florida, then eligible citizens can and will be wrongfully purged.

Are you okay with an improper purge of voter rolls?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not.

Did you know that the leading voice opposing the improper purge in Florida was the election commmissioner for a Republican district?

I am guessing you did not know that.

You could also know I don't give a crap what ONE Repubik said.... what was "improper" about it?

Oh... because you said so....

I mean, I don't want to be "regretting" anything now.... (btw, you don't fukin' skeer me)

Forum List

Back