"Miss Beverly Hills" invokes Leviticus

'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul - latimes.com

'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul
The designation is claimed by a Miss California USA contestant who opposes gay marriage. But the city says it has no beauty pageant and there is no such title.
By Martha Groves

February 24, 2010 | 4:05 p.m.

Lauren Ashley, a Miss California USA contestant and outspoken opponent of same-sex marriage, claims to represent Beverly Hills; Beverly Hills lays no claim to her whatsoever.

Quite the opposite.

In a statement Wednesday, the city said it was "shocked" by Ashley's description of herself as "Miss Beverly Hills." The city "does not sponsor a beauty pageant and has no association with Miss CaliforniA," the statement said. "As such, there should be no individual claiming the title of Miss Beverly Hills."

The city's statement said Ashley lives in Pasadena and "does not represent Beverly Hills in any capacity."

The issue became a sore point for city officials after Ashley, 23, was quoted extensively as saying same-sex marriage goes against God and the Bible.

She recently told Fox News and other outlets that "in Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white." <more>

leviticus?

is that the same leviticus that is in the OT?

is that the same leviticus formthe OT thta conservative christians INSIST that they do NOT go by anymore?

why on earth would a conservative christian quote the OT when she no longer USES the OT?

could it be that conservative christians LIE to us when they say they do not use the OT anymore?

SOME things in the old testament aren't used any more. Like sacrifices to God....they aren't needed anymore since Jesus was crucified. People that say they don't go by anything in the OT anymore are just wrong. We still go by the 10 commandments - that's OT. If someone says the OT isn't needed anymore then they must think it's ok to kill, have affairs, dishonor their mother & father (well, some do!)...etc.

SOME things in the old testament aren't used any more. Like sacrifices to God....they aren't needed anymore since Jesus was crucified. People that say they don't go by anything in the OT anymore are just wrong. We still go by the 10 commandments - that's OT. If someone says the OT isn't needed anymore then they must think it's ok to kill, have affairs, dishonor their mother & father (well, some do!)...etc.

Ah...Cafeteria Christianity. I see.

Well the op is the one giving her the spotlight to spout her inauspicious diatribe.

She never stated any opinion on gay marriage until someone asked her about it as an inappropriate question at the event. The fruit cake that asked her, Paris Hinton or some shit like that, did it for his own publicity. I have no problems with gays but that dude was out for himself only.
I have no problem with gay marriage but that is not the point. The woman was asked and she gave an honest answer. Disagree with her but she was wrongly blasted by liberal media for being honest.

I am totally agree with you, As you strength as you have to face the more challenge to you in your career.
So try to start the work hard and hard to get the good results.

Leviticus, eh?

Lauren_AshleySEP06_226LR-1.jpg

I wonder if Leviticus would approve of beauty contests? She's very stonable.

That wouldn't be code, would it? :eusa_drool:

Found this on a site called Femenisting.com. I thought the little warning was nice. Brace yourelves, now:

While headlines are popping up everywhere about how Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley opposes same-sex marriage, where are the headlines about her contention that God thinks gays should be put to death? Here's one (content may be upsetting):
"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ashley told FOX News. "In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white."

She must be Jewish...we've been told that Christians don't follow the Old Testament anymore.

Christians do go by the New Testament...and it's in there too!

1 Corinthians 6:9
New Living Translation (NLT)

9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul - latimes.com

'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul
The designation is claimed by a Miss California USA contestant who opposes gay marriage. But the city says it has no beauty pageant and there is no such title.
By Martha Groves

February 24, 2010 | 4:05 p.m.

Lauren Ashley, a Miss California USA contestant and outspoken opponent of same-sex marriage, claims to represent Beverly Hills; Beverly Hills lays no claim to her whatsoever.

Quite the opposite.

In a statement Wednesday, the city said it was "shocked" by Ashley's description of herself as "Miss Beverly Hills." The city "does not sponsor a beauty pageant and has no association with Miss CaliforniA," the statement said. "As such, there should be no individual claiming the title of Miss Beverly Hills."

The city's statement said Ashley lives in Pasadena and "does not represent Beverly Hills in any capacity."

The issue became a sore point for city officials after Ashley, 23, was quoted extensively as saying same-sex marriage goes against God and the Bible.

She recently told Fox News and other outlets that "in Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white." <more>

leviticus?

is that the same leviticus that is in the OT?

is that the same leviticus formthe OT thta conservative christians INSIST that they do NOT go by anymore?

why on earth would a conservative christian quote the OT when she no longer USES the OT?

could it be that conservative christians LIE to us when they say they do not use the OT anymore?

Do you know for a fact that she's a conservative Christian?

Truth is there are many self-proclaimed Christians that are just as looney as most of the liberals are.

There are dynamics at work that make both the old and the new testaments viable, I suppose. The new testament does not necessarily represent what most seem to teach and preach. I am not a biblical scholar, but there are so many important issues potentially addressed within the new testament that only empowers the 'laws' of the old. Without the old testament much of the new testament would not be what it potentially 'is'.

The woman can state what she wants to. May disagree with her but she was being honest.
What is wrong with someone telling the truth to a subjective question?
We need to encourage that with our youth.
We all need to respect each other and our differing opinions.

Found this on a site called Femenisting.com. I thought the little warning was nice. Brace yourelves, now:

While headlines are popping up everywhere about how Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley opposes same-sex marriage, where are the headlines about her contention that God thinks gays should be put to death? Here's one (content may be upsetting):
"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ashley told FOX News. "In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white."

She must be Jewish...we've been told that Christians don't follow the Old Testament anymore.

Christians do go by the New Testament...and it's in there too!

1 Corinthians 6:9
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

:lmao:

I have to comment... I have done so, as well, just not to slander another individual or individuals for their way but rather to comfort myself and to share what comforts me, but for any ONE to quote scripture and boast 'they know' something for another is quite THE dangerous thing 'we' were warned to NOT do by scripture itself. :(

I so don't care what the book of Leviticus says.

Of course the fact that I am not of the priestly class of the bronze age Jewish people might have something to do with why I don't really give a damn, too, right?

Now is this beauty queen a High Priest of the bronze age Isreal?

No?

That what does she care?

The answer?

The woman is an idiot.

That isn't necessary and is highly uncalled for. :(

No, that is exactly what is called for when somebody is using nonsense to besmirch the character and lives of millions of of my fellow citizens, Melissa.

No thinking christian quotes Leviticus as a source of inspiration.

I only disagree with part of what you post. The part that she is an idiot, that is. Otherwise we do not necessarily disagree.

Forum List

Back