Zone1 Minnesota will get a new flag!

I like the blue considering Minnesota is colder than a witch's t...
I think it should have a red barrier between the two blues though. Then it has all three colors.

new-mn-flag.png
I'm on my third 'Fuck Joe and Fuck you if you voted for him' flag and the price of them is going up every day because they are so popular and everybody wants one and an exter one just to make you popular in your neighborhood.

The flag experts of North America have completed their survey of state and provincial flags, identifying the best and worst flags on the continent.NAVA, the North American Vexillological Association, conducted a poll on its website, asking its members and the public their opinions of flag designs in the U.S. and Canada. Vexillology is the study of flags.

Responses came in from 100 NAVA members and over 300 members of the public in 20 countries. Participants rated 72 flags on their design qualities (rather than on political, historical, or geographic considerations) on a scale of 0 to 10, where 10 was the best score. They were asked to rely on their personal sense of good flag design in rating the flags, which appeared on the web page. They cast well over 29,000 individual votes.

NAVA members favored strong, simple, distinctive flags, choosing New Mexico, Texas, and Quebec in first, second and third place, all with scores above 8. They scorned the "seal-on-a-bedsheet" design common to more than half of U.S. state flags, forcefully relegating those flags to the bottom of the heap with scores averaging less than 4.

One flag drew far more attention than all others did. NAVA members and the public both gave the new Georgia flag the lowest score—2.4 points—by the largest margin of any flag. Some even asked to give it negative points. They disparaged Georgia’s flag as "a scalawag", "desolating", "simply awful", "hideous", and "by far the ugliest". Its complex design violates all the principles of good flag design, incorporating a seal, lettering, and a series of miniature historic flags (in incorrect order). One person derided it as "Five Flags Under Georgia".

Canadian flags fared significantly better than U.S. flags, with an average score of 6 points versus 5. Canada’s provincial flags generally avoid seals and tend towards more simple designs.

New Mexico does have a cool flag.

URL]

url

The only place it will fly is the State Capital and assorted government buildings.

I can guarantee you that outside the Twin Cities and Duluth, Trump flags will outnumber it tenfold.

Forum List

Back