Zone1 If Trump isn't on the ballot, due to death or state law,

Which Republican candidate would you vote for?

• Chris Christie

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ron DeSantis

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Asa Hutchison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vivek Ramaswamy

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Be advised, a write in vote for Trump under the named circumstances is considered a proxy vote for Biden.

Electoral college....

We don't vote for candidates....we vote for electors who can vote AND change their vote for whomever they want. They can even abstain from voting if that is their wish.

The Electoral College is how a President is elected....not by popular vote. Although popular vote does tend to help....it's not a requirement to win.

And there are a few instances where things didn't go as expected. Just because a sitting President tries to incarcerate or manipulate the system to remove a political opponent does not mean that his political opponent will lose the election. In fact in America this sort of behavior will backfire immensely. Especially when the nation is in recession. (And the timing of the recession almost guarantees that Biden is going to lose)

Electoral college....

We don't vote for candidates....we vote for electors who can vote AND change their vote for whomever they want. They can even abstain from voting if that is their wish.

The Electoral College is how a President is elected....not by popular vote. Although popular vote does tend to help....it's not a requirement to win.

And there are a few instances where things didn't go as expected. Just because a sitting President tries to incarcerate or manipulate the system to remove a political opponent does not mean that his political opponent will lose the election. In fact in America this sort of behavior will backfire immensely. Especially when the nation is in recession. (And the timing of the recession almost guarantees that Biden is going to lose)
and, if Trump dies between now and the Convention, are you still going to write him in?

and, if Trump dies between now and the Convention, are you still going to write him in?
I'm A-Political....
Meaning that I have NO FAITH in either party or any candidate to represent me or my wishes.

I actually like some things Democrats do even though I think their execution sucks....same with Republicans.

Right now...I'm more a fan of "None of the Above".

Which Republican candidate would you vote for? Only those listed will be accepted. Off topic comments will be reported.

I think Vivek would be a nominee if something happened to Trump because he's the 2nd most obnoxious blowhard in America

Like what?
Like keeping our treaty with Ukraine....the execution of keeping it is crap...but it's the right thing to do.

The push for new cheap energy is good....the execution is crap.

New tech for transportation is good....again execution is crap.

Returning semiconductor tech to the USA is good....again execution is crap.

Retiring Student Loans for working people is good...again the execution of how its being done is crap.

I would vote for DeSantis because of his successful executive experience as Governor of a large state. However, I would prefer Vivek as Trump's VP. He could be a great President in 2029.
the very first bill Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) signed into law that legalizes smokable medical marijuana in Florida and raises questions about his record of catering to special interests and campaign donors.

Ron DeSantis isn’t backing down from his pejorative position about Bethlehem.

During a campaign stop in Iowa, the Florida Governor maligned the religiously significant city as a “pigsty” and a “disgrace,” which he attributed to it being under the control of “Palestinian Arabs.”

Watchdog group accuses Ron DeSantis of breaking campaign finance law​

As GOP voters seem increasingly “meh” on culture war rhetoric, it’s bad news for the politician who has most publicly positioned himself as an anti-woke warrior.

This guy is as unqualified as Marco Rubio

DeSantis - already a national train wreck - is bleeding out in Florida

He can't even solve insurance in Florida. Insurance companies are fleeing the state. People can't afford home owners insurance. Talk about inflation. They've jacked up the cost of insurance Florida.

It's easy to run Florida. Lots of rich visitors. So they pay in and don't suck off the resources because they only come for 3 months out of the year. And people go to Florida to vacation from All over the world. All that money makes FLorida easy to run. And all those seniors have medicare. A program he hates but his state relies heavily on right?

PLUS they stick it to us at those fucking tolls. Or they send us visitors a picture of us driving and say we did something wrong. Pay $100. It's a fucking racket.

Florida, go on vacation leave on probation.

Electoral college....

There is no electoral college in the primaries.

the very first bill Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) signed into law that legalizes smokable medical marijuana in Florida and raises questions about his record of catering to special interests and campaign donors.

Ron DeSantis isn’t backing down from his pejorative position about Bethlehem.

During a campaign stop in Iowa, the Florida Governor maligned the religiously significant city as a “pigsty” and a “disgrace,” which he attributed to it being under the control of “Palestinian Arabs.”

Watchdog group accuses Ron DeSantis of breaking campaign finance law​

As GOP voters seem increasingly “meh” on culture war rhetoric, it’s bad news for the politician who has most publicly positioned himself as an anti-woke warrior.

This guy is as unqualified as Marco Rubio

DeSantis - already a national train wreck - is bleeding out in Florida

He can't even solve insurance in Florida. Insurance companies are fleeing the state. People can't afford home owners insurance. Talk about inflation. They've jacked up the cost of insurance Florida.

It's easy to run Florida. Lots of rich visitors. So they pay in and don't suck off the resources because they only come for 3 months out of the year. And people go to Florida to vacation from All over the world. All that money makes FLorida easy to run. And all those seniors have medicare. A program he hates but his state relies heavily on right?

PLUS they stick it to us at those fucking tolls. Or they send us visitors a picture of us driving and say we did something wrong. Pay $100. It's a fucking racket.

Florida, go on vacation leave on probation.

More opinion parading as fact.

Like what?

Biden has done things that will benefit your sorry ass long after he's dead

The Biden administration has named the first 10 diabetes, heart disease and cancer drugs that Medicare will negotiate, but the price changes on those drugs won't take effect until 2026. Over the next two years, another 30 drugs will be selected for negotiated prices that take effect in 2027 and 2028.

Medicare enrollees next year could save on dozens of medications under a federal law that penalizes pharmaceutical companies if they raise prices faster than the rate of inflation, the Biden administration announced Thursday.

Officials with Medicare, the federal health program for adults 65 and older, issued a list of 48 drugs including blood thinners, antibiotics and cancer medications administered at a doctor's office, clinic or hospital, saying that potential savings on these "Part B" medications would range from $1 to $2,786 per dose, beginning Jan. 1, depending on an individual's coverage.

Medicare enrollees typically pay 20% coinsurance on doctor-administered medications, but the Biden administration said the inflation penalties will reduce those out-of-pocket expenses by more than half for five drugs. Those drugs include the blood thinner argatroban, the chemotherapy drug bortezomib and antibiotics cefepime, meropenem and vancomycin. You can view a list of the drugs here.

Like keeping our treaty with Ukraine....the execution of keeping it is crap...but it's the right thing to do.

The push for new cheap energy is good....the execution is crap.

New tech for transportation is good....again execution is crap.

Returning semiconductor tech to the USA is good....again execution is crap.

Retiring Student Loans for working people is good...again the execution of how its being done is crap.
That don't make no sense.....If the execution is crap that does not say much for the idea in the first place.....The dems messing up everything they touch only goes so far.

Almost everything you mentioned (other than semiconductors) is a dem effort to either launder money or buy votes.

There is no electoral college in the primaries.
Not really relevant.
Have you met an elector from the Electoral College?

One of my friends kid got himself elected to be an elector back when W/Jr was running....

Kinda scary how much freedom these electors really have.

Primary: DeSantis

If he isn't in the General, I'll vote for Myself again.

I don't care if someone's opinion is that a vote not cast for a Republican is a vote for Biden. In My opinion, there is little difference between Biden and most Republicans, and those that do have a significant separation are to fucking cowardly AND too stupid to form solid alliances that put differences aside. Being ineffectual is just as much a vote for Biden as My not voting for a weak-assed Republican.

I want a solid conservative in both Congress AND the Whitehouse.

Forum List

Back