Minnesota looks dirty.

Nadar ? , i was 1% off and you missed by one letter, we'll call that even.

anyway, point being, it's not like 80% of americans think Obama is the savior.

hells bells half of em thought Palin was obamalama's running mate! :cuckoo:

I hear you but after the 2000 BS that was pulled in Florida I don't care. I don't want anyone to win if hey didn't, and I want it to be legitimate, but what they did down here in 2000 has made me realize that if Franken does win and shouldn't, I don't give a damn what the Republicans think. They just got beat at the game they created

Sorry you feel that way.

As I was not pleased with what took place in 2000 and spoke out publicly against it. What has taken place this political season is so much larger and so wide spread that it is truly sickening and scary.

By the way, I don't know who really began voter fraud, but, before you hand that label to the Republicans, keep Joe Kennedy in mind. :eek:

Hey, have a Great evening.

Please post the source of electronic vote totals no being accurate.

For starters here is the manufacturer admitting that it had code for the past ten years that drops votes in urban (democratic) districts.

Ohio Voting Machines Contained Programming Error That Dropped Votes | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

that's not florida, as electronic machines were not used there in 2000, but should make the point.

I have been trying to find video of ballots being destroyed ahead of the 2000 florida recount. I have seen this but can't put my finger on it at the mo.

lol, Caligirl, what do you expect from a right wing site? btw, this oped piece is over a week old and the recount has already started.

Doesn't matter who wrote it - the actual numbers are dirty.

Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner has said no Ohio votes were lost because the nine Ohio counties that found the problem caught it before primary results were finalized.

I was surprised that Ohio didn't end up with major issues in a court of law, but, from following their issues, they faired pretty good.

However, they did have problems. Voter fraud by a liberal, charged. Liberal government employee on leave and under review for privacy violations and partisan political use of a government computer system.

Thanks for mentioning Ohio, they had slipped my mind.

Ah, the word "centrist" part of Mr. Obama's platform.

I went searching for the documentation in his past which would support that. But, it seems to end up like the "change" deal, it sounded great, but, still no valid sign of it.

I just love the appointments thus far. They are like Acorn's dropping from the trees all into one little leftist pile.

Sorry, but I don't believe that for one second. Not when you have a quote from your messiah in your signature. You're a liberal, period.

I quote HW at times, and Reagan too.

I like the message obama ran on.

I have never quoted Clinton.

When you're old as dust you'll be able to quote happily from either side, too. :)

Last edited:
Ah, the word "centrist" part of Mr. Obama's platform.

I went searching for the documentation in his past which would support that. But, it seems to end up like the "change" deal, it sounded great, but, still no valid sign of it.

I think Obama got us because McCain went right with his VP pick. McCain was the more centrist between him and Obama, no doubt about it, but Palin lost a lot of votes for McCain amongst me and my friends. (She got some votes from the right, rumor has it.) She is too Bush-y. And that is why McCain picked her, convinced that he needed her for the base, and not realizing how much of the center would not support her.

Ex: She hopes God doesn't let her miss any open door of opportunity. Can you explain to me how this is the mark of a leader? I can certainly explain how it is the mark of a follower.

I think Obama got us because McCain went right with his VP pick. McCain was the more centrist between him and Obama, no doubt about it, but Palin lost a lot of votes for McCain amongst me and my friends. (She got some votes from the right, rumor has it.) She is too Bush-y. And that is why McCain picked her, convinced that he needed her for the base, and not realizing how much of the center would not support her.

Ex: She hopes God doesn't let her miss any open door of opportunity. Can you explain to me how this is the mark of a leader? I can certainly explain how it is the mark of a follower.
ah, ok

you dont like Palin because she is a christian that actually believes what the bible says

Being raised Catholic myself, it would be hard to dislike Palin based on her christianity.

Not using her brain, yeah, I don't want her as a head of state.

Last edited:
and your evidence that she "doesn't use her brain"?

Her policy decisions are "faith based." That is how Bush worked too, as I ranted about elsewhere, maybe above on this thread.

Evidence? Things like her saying "If the hearts of alaskans are with God, then this pipeline will be built." Using brainpower, instead of faithpower, you might actually go with a civil engineer instead of God to get a pipeline built.

I don't feel like organizing the thoughts out again, the bottom line is that faith is fundamental to living a meaningful life, but has no place in deciding what policies to run a state or a country.

What exactly are you talking about? The oped piece you posted has no actual factual data.

The op ed piece cited numbers being whittled away almost daily in favor of Franken, by election officials. All of the vote changes favored Franken, and the changes by election officials int hat one race amounted to more than all of the other races combined.

It stinks.

Here is the WSJ, which you may still not like but which jives totally with my recollection of how Franken's votes kept trickling in.

When Minnesotans woke up last Wednesday, Republican Senator Norm Coleman led Mr. Franken by 725 votes. By that evening, he was ahead by only 477. As of yesterday, Mr. Coleman's margin stood at 206. This lopsided bleeding of Republican votes is passing strange considering that the official recount hasn't even begun.

The vanishing Coleman vote came during a week in which election officials are obliged to double-check their initial results. Minnesota is required to do these audits, and it isn't unusual for officials to report that they transposed a number here or there. In a normal audit, these mistakes could be expected to cut both ways. Instead, nearly every "fix" has gone for Mr. Franken, in some cases under strange circumstances.

For example, there was Friday night's announcement by Minneapolis's director of elections that she'd forgotten to count 32 absentee ballots in her car. The Coleman campaign scrambled to get a county judge to halt the counting of these absentees, since it was impossible to prove their integrity 72 hours after the polls closed. The judge refused on grounds that she lacked jurisdiction.

Up in Two Harbors, another liberal outpost, Mr. Franken picked up an additional 246 votes. In Partridge Township, he racked up another 100. Election officials in both places claim they initially miscommunicated the numbers. Odd, because in the Two Harbors precinct, none of the other contests recorded any changes in their vote totals.

According to conservative statistician John Lott, Mr. Franken's gains so far are 2.5 times the corrections made for Barack Obama in the state, and nearly three times the gains for Democrats across Minnesota Congressional races. Mr. Lott notes that Mr. Franken's "new" votes equal more than all the changes for all the precincts in the entire state for the Presidential, Congressional and statehouse races combined (482 votes).

Her policy decisions are "faith based." That is how Bush worked too, as I ranted about elsewhere, maybe above on this thread.

Evidence? Things like her saying "If the hearts of alaskans are with God, then this pipeline will be built." Using brainpower, instead of faithpower, you might actually go with a civil engineer instead of God to get a pipeline built.

I don't feel like organizing the thoughts out again, the bottom line is that faith is fundamental to living a meaningful life, but has no place in deciding what policies to run a state or a country.
but she actually veto'd something aganst her faith and backed it up with the Alaska Constitution
i dont know about you, but to me that is an elected official doing what they were elected to do

Caligirl, you claim that Obama is more of a centrist than Palin.

Could you please support that with factual documentation from each persons role as a political offial.

You may be correct, but, I have yet to see anything which demonstrates that, but, I am always open to learning.

As for her religion, again I ask you, please show me one piece of documentation where God is listed as her advisor.

I'm a Christian. I keep my religion out of my professional life. However, I do trust God and my Angels to help guide me, protect me and love me, through every aspect of my life.

Oh by the way, I own a business on Main Street, it opened in 1948, yes, that is 60 years of success and God has been with me, in my heart each step of the way. Seems that my concept, which is the same concept Palin has and has demonstrated works. By the way, how long has Obama ran a business on Main Street, since he seems so connected to what that struggle is like.

As I said, please support your factual statements about Palin, I am ready to learn.

Forum List

Back