Milwaukee man shoots, kills cop raiding his home

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
The man said he heard the words "Police! Search warrant!" several times, but didn't believe they were really cops. I wonder if such a defense has ever worked. I know of some cases where cops barged into a home, shot the family dog dead only to find out that they were in the wrong home. If someone broke into my home, guns blazing, cop or not cop, I think there's a reasonable chance that I will be returning fire. And if I kill the police invader, I'm probably going away for life or getting executed, correct?

On another note, I wonder why the police felt the need to storm the guy's home in that manner. Apparently, he sold a little weed and is suspected of having sold some stolen guns or something along those lines. Is it always necessary to bust down a person's door in the middle of the night?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crim...801718002/

He was known for stolen guns, so yeah.
The man said he heard the words "Police! Search warrant!" several times, but didn't believe they were really cops. I wonder if such a defense has ever worked. I know of some cases where cops barged into a home, shot the family dog dead only to find out that they were in the wrong home. If someone broke into my home, guns blazing, cop or not cop, I think there's a reasonable chance that I will be returning fire. And if I kill the police invader, I'm probably going away for life or getting executed, correct?

On another note, I wonder why the police felt the need to storm the guy's home in that manner. Apparently, he sold a little weed and is suspected of having sold some stolen guns or something along those lines. Is it always necessary to bust down a person's door in the middle of the night?

• Banned
If it was police's intention to safely bring the guy in, they failed spectacularly and their miscalculation got one of their officers killed.

Could they have simply called the man and asked him to come out? Could they have waited him out and got him when he was walking to his car?

If it was police's intention to safely bring the guy in, they failed spectacularly and their miscalculation got one of their officers killed.

Could they have simply called the man and asked him to come out? Could they have waited him out and got him when he was walking to his car?
We've militarized the police, they see us, we the unsubstantial people, as the enemy. Yeah, you're right. Wtf, you come rolling up like that? How's anyone supposed to react with all the stand your ground hysterics? Gee, I was scared. For my life-n-shit.

From the article-

Officers repeatedly announced themselves as police; neighbors said they heard it over loudspeakers

The operative word is “GUNS”. In that case, not knowing the mans history, yes.

Forum List

Back