Military Service

odd...I can name one supposed "vet" in here who has repeatedly claimed that I am a twelve year old girl... and that same "vet" has lied about other aspects of my life and has never shown the grace to retract those lies.

poor guy

odd...I can name one supposed "vet" in here who has repeatedly claimed that I am a twelve year old girl... and that same "vet" has lied about other aspects of my life and has never shown the grace to retract those lies.

poor guy

I'm not sure about all of that, but I don't doubt your service, and have always held your service in the highest regard.

Thanks maineman..........:eusa_clap:

poor guy

Yes and why did I do that you lying sack of shit? Because you continually attack my service. You have repeadly claimed I am not a Marine GYSGT. Meanwhile I have defended your sorry fucking ass over and over, until finally after you repeatedly attacked me I returned the favor.

Go ahead now and trot out your claim I am lying. I have an idea, lets ask GunnyL if what I am saying is true? Or CSM?

You think your free to make any and all attacks you please on other vets and then pretend you did no such thing. I am fed UP with your shit. I tried taking it to the proper forum and you can't stop attacking me outside the flame area, why? Cause your a loser. You can dish out all the insults in the world but if someone doesn't lick your boots you attack them and if they are retired you attack their service.

Go ahead and explain how saying " For all I know your a pimple faced teenager" is not claiming I am not a retired Marine you scumbag. Or any of the other attacks before that one.

YOU are why this thread is here fuckwad.

Yes and why did I do that you lying sack of shit? Because you continually attack my service. You have repeadly claimed I am not a Marine GYSGT. Meanwhile I have defended your sorry fucking ass over and over, until finally after you repeatedly attacked me I returned the favor.

Go ahead now and trot out your claim I am lying. I have an idea, lets ask GunnyL if what I am saying is true? Or CSM?

You think your free to make any and all attacks you please on other vets and then pretend you did no such thing. I am fed UP with your shit. I tried taking it to the proper forum and you can't stop attacking me outside the flame area, why? Cause your a loser. You can dish out all the insults in the world but if someone doesn't lick your boots you attack them and if they are retired you attack their service.

Go ahead and explain how saying " For all I know your a pimple faced teenager" is not claiming I am not a retired Marine you scumbag. Or any of the other attacks before that one.

YOU are why this thread is here fuckwad.

you are certainly free to pose that question to the two veterans in question. I think that both will agree that I have been respectful of them and of their service.

and if you think that calling me a liar and calling me a twelve year old girl is "defending my sorry ass"...please....feel free to stop defending me...I really can do without such assistance.:rofl:

Except when liberals want to bad mouth Bush that is, or you want to even. As I recall you also have taken a few shots at Bush for not having gone to Viet Nam. This thread is not about that anyway, it is about vets attacking other vets because they think it is ok to do so. I can name one certain Vet here that thinks it is quite fine to denigrate my service and he has done it at least 3 different times.

Do try and keep up with the discussion.

For good or bad, I pointed out a link to a web site that had quotes from Bush. Based on my interpretation of those quotes, I concluded that Bush deliberately tried to avoid serving in Viet Nam. That is all.

A soldier grabs sleep whenever he can....and chow and maybe even a shower if the opportunity presents itself.

Though I understand Marines have an aversion to showers.

Don't sleep when you are tired, sleep when you can.
Don't eat when hungry, eat when you can.
A bad ride beats a good walk anyday.

Marines don't like showers. We prefer hot tubs, booze, and adulation from bikini wearing babes.

you are certainly free to pose that question to the two veterans in question. I think that both will agree that I have been respectful of them and of their service.

and if you think that calling me a liar and calling me a twelve year old girl is "defending my sorry ass"...please....feel free to stop defending me...I really can do without such assistance.:rofl:

Your pond scum. I spent 5 months defending you every time someone made a disparaging comment about you and my thanks? You three times accused me of not being a retired Marine. And now your pretending YOU are somehow an innocent bystander caught in the headlights. Go ahead keep pretending your some innocent pleeb that has been wrongly attacked. It doesn't sell to anyone that has read your shit.

Further I still have your private messages where you thanked me for defending your sorry ass followed shortly by a public attack because I did not cow tow to you on some thread somewhere. Go ahead give me permission to post them you loser. Your antics were to send me a tell about how we should get along followed by a public attack when I did not publicly support some position of yours in a thread. I have not wiped a single tell. Go ahead call me a liar and I shall post them to GunnyL since I doubt you have the balls to let me post them publicly.

Your a coward and a liar.

I believe, and often state, that we should debate the political positions and not attack the person. I could be a ditch digger or a 20-year veteran. If I joined the military, it could have been for any reason or for a variety of reasons. Whatever job I’ve held does not necessarily support or invalidate my view on different issues. Also, one does not have to have served in the military in order to have a strong position on the military or any particular war. Some “Commander in Chiefs” have led wars but not served in wars. They have advisors and cabinet people to inform them and give educated opinions.

All too often this argument is used in an attempt to negate experience. Sure you can have an opinion. But all the book knowledge in the world cannot replace one second of humping Mt Mutherf*cker.

This same argument is being had with a numbers cruncher in another thread. What it says on paper is not necessarily what's happening where the rubber meets the road.

A soldier grabs sleep whenever he can....and chow and maybe even a shower if the opportunity presents itself.

Though I understand Marines have an aversion to showers.

That's just not true. New Year's Day is almost here and it'll be time for another shower .... :lol:

poor guy

IIRC, the 12 years old girl was in response to that vet's maturity and ability to hold his rank being questioned. I also recall at least on one occasion that he has stated he believes you to be who and what you say you are.

Seems to me basic respect for who and what one is has been tossed out the window for petty cheap shots. And I really don't know or care who started what, and have no intention of researching every thread to see.

I'll just point out that people who believe we are who and what we say we are also see how we act and believe THAT to be part of who and what we say we are.

IIRC, the 12 years old girl was in response to that vet's maturity and ability to hold his rank being questioned. I also recall at least on one occasion that he has stated he believes you to be who and what you say you are.

Seems to me basic respect for who and what one is has been tossed out the window for petty cheap shots. And I really don't know or care who started what, and have no intention of researching every thread to see.

I'll just point out that people who believe we are who and what we say we are also see how we act and believe THAT to be part of who and what we say we are.

fine. I am sure that the retired gunnery sergeant is a retired gunnery sergeant. End of discussion.

From my perspective here, YOU - also being a retired gunnery sergeant - exhibit a unique degree of grace and maturity.

fine. I am sure that the retired gunnery sergeant is a retired gunnery sergeant. End of discussion.

From my perspective here, YOU - also being a retired gunnery sergeant - exhibit a unique degree of grace and maturity.

Alright, now that almost all parties have kissed and made up, can we pleeeeeese resume the catfight. :badgrin:

I'm a shit startin mo fo aint I? :eusa_whistle:

Alright, now that almost all parties have kissed and made up, can we pleeeeeese resume the catfight. :badgrin:
I'm a shit startin mo fo aint I? :eusa_whistle:

I haven't kissed and made up with anybody. I have acknowledged that RGS was a marine. That's all.

I have also acknowledged that Gunny - and you, as well - are not only retired marines, but are mature individuals who exhibit grace.

there is a distinction.

I haven't kissed and made up with anybody. I have acknowledged that RGS was a marine. That's all.

I have also acknowledged that Gunny - and you, as well - are not only retired marines, but are mature individuals who exhibit grace.

there is a distinction.

Marine is a proper name. Always capitalize it.

there is a distinction.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised a Naval officer would continue this bantering back, and forth with enlisted personnel.

Both YOU, and the GUNNY bring a wealth of knowledge, and background to most ANY conversation. It only detracts when the two of you snip at each other.

Why don't the two of you leave it at the door?

Seriously.:neutral:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised a Naval officer would continue this bantering back, and forth with enlisted personnel.

Both YOU, and the GUNNY bring a wealth of knowledge, and background to most ANY conversation. It only detracts when the two of you snip at each other.

Why don't the two of you leave it at the door?

Seriously.:neutral:

I am long since retired and realize that the internet takes away any privileges that rank may have once provided!

and hey... he lied about me. I called him on it. He won't retract it. It really is no big deal, but his refusal to do the right thing paints him as a fucking spineless worm in my book, regardless of his service, regardless of his rank.

I have been observing this running gun battle between MM and RGS for some time now. It is apparent to me that both are retired military so it would seem that allegations to the contrary are mere rhetoric. It is also apparent to me that the two are hardly ever going to agree on anything. The name calling and claims of cowardice, etc. are a tactic that belies the character of both. Posts on a public message board are certainly not a metric I would use to gauge the bravery of any man (or woman).

I have been observing this running gun battle between MM and RGS for some time now. It is apparent to me that both are retired military so it would seem that allegations to the contrary are mere rhetoric. It is also apparent to me that the two are hardly ever going to agree on anything. The name calling and claims of cowardice, etc. are a tactic that belies the character of both. Posts on a public message board are certainly not a metric I would use to gauge the bravery of any man (or woman).

I would wholeheartedly agree. I do think that posts on a public message board do reflect the character and ethics of posters, however. I think I chose my words with relative care and try to distinguish between opinion and fact. In those cases where I have misstated something as fact that wasn't factual, I have retracted or revised those statements. Others, aforementioned, do not exhibit that same level of ethics. ;)

Forum List

Back