Military Service

USMC Rules For Gun Fighting

* Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
* Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
* Only hits count. A close miss is still a miss.
* If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
* Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movements are preferred.)
* If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
* In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics.
* They will only remember who lived.
* If you are not shooting, you should be communic- ating, reloading, and running.
* Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
* Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
* Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
* Always cheat = always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
* Have a plan.
* Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
* Use cover and concealment as much as possible.
* Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
* Don't drop your guard.
* Always tactically reload and threat scan 360 degrees.
* Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
* Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough, QUICKLY enough.
* The faster you finish the fight, the less shot up you will get.
* Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
* Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
* Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
USMC Rules For Gun Fighting

* Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
* Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
* Only hits count. A close miss is still a miss.
* If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
* Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movements are preferred.)
* If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
* In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics.
* They will only remember who lived.
* If you are not shooting, you should be communic- ating, reloading, and running.
* Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
* Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
* Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
* Always cheat = always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
* Have a plan.
* Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
* Use cover and concealment as much as possible.
* Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
* Don't drop your guard.
* Always tactically reload and threat scan 360 degrees.
* Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
* Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough, QUICKLY enough.
* The faster you finish the fight, the less shot up you will get.
* Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
* Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
* Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".

Good advice!

YOUR supposed to do that to your troops ).

I reupped the last time on a battalion hump. At the end I was nearly a heat casualty. I was retching, not quite barfing and we had like half a mile to go, Corpsman grabbed me and said I needed to get in the truck, I told him there was NO damn way I was getting on the truck on a hump I reenlisted on LOL. I finished. However my last 4 humps in Okinawa I was a heat casualty every time. I passed out on two of them. Last hump I finished and as I was headed to my car I went down, MSgt told my LCpl to take my pack and lay me out. LCpl told him " No way, Gunny gets very pissed if you try and take his pack" MSgt said " I don't think he cares right now" I was conscious but unable to do anything.

What was fun was every time I was a heat casualty they tried to send me home on bed rest and I had to tell the Senior Corpsman I could not go home, cause I was in charge of Camp Services and at the time I was it, next rank down was a LCpl. Had to lie to the Chief and tell him I would stay in my office with Air Conditioning but that I couldn't go on bed rest.

LOL My Captain stopped me on one hump as a heat casualty, I was still on my feet but way gone, he grabbed my arm and told me to get in the truck, I pulled away and said no. He grabbed me again and started to take my pack off, I was to screwed up to stop him , just as well, don't think hitting a Captain would have gone over very well LOL.

They went through a lot of those bags with me on those last 4 humps. Sucks , once your a heat casualty once it is hard not to be one again. Though once out of Okinawa I didn't go down on a hump at Camp Lejeune. Of course we didn't hump every week in FSSG.

Never was a heat casualty. But I don't care what combination of socks, moleskin, brand of boots or whatever ... 3 miles or 25, I got blisters right under my ankle bones, and they were GOING TO bleed. Taking my boots off and changing socks just made it worse, so I said "F*ck it and just gutted it out.

As Mt Motherf*cker and Smokey alumni will attest, there ain't no mountains on the East Coast.:badgrin:

Never was a heat casualty. But I don't care what combination of socks, moleskin, brand of boots or whatever ... 3 miles or 25, I got blisters right under my ankle bones, and they were GOING TO bleed. Taking my boots off and changing socks just made it worse, so I said "F*ck it and just gutted it out.

As Mt Motherf*cker and Smokey alumni will attest, there ain't no mountains on the East Coast.:badgrin:

Never was stationed on the West Coast except Boot Camp and 29 Palms for school. I love when Parris Island tards claim San Diego Marines aren't. I remind them of several facts.

1) There is only ONE place the marine Corps trains women, and it AINT San Diego.

2) In Parris Island you get to wear helmets to protect your naked heads from sunburning and you get to use washing machines and dryers to do your laundry. We , on the other hand fried and on Sunday washed our cloths BY hand on cement racks and hung them to dry, posting guards during our 4 hours of "relaxation" time a week.

3) There are, as you pointed out, NO hills, NO mountains, NO rises at all to screw with you while humping. At Pendleton getting to our training area required almost climbing since the supposed trail was nearly vertical. And humping involved hills, mountains, rises AND sand.

4) EVERY day and night in San Diego you listen too and see Airplanes flying away from that GREAT training facility to remind you, YOU volunteered for that SHIT.

Never was stationed on the West Coast except Boot Camp and 29 Palms for school. I love when Parris Island tards claim San Diego Marines aren't. I remind them of several facts.

1) There is only ONE place the marine Corps trains women, and it AINT San Diego.

2) In Parris Island you get to wear helmets to protect your naked heads from sunburning and you get to use washing machines and dryers to do your laundry. We , on the other hand fried and on Sunday washed our cloths BY hand on cement racks and hung them to dry, posting guards during our 4 hours of "relaxation" time a week.

3) There are, as you pointed out, NO hills, NO mountains, NO rises at all to screw with you while humping. At Pendleton getting to our training area required almost climbing since the supposed trail was nearly vertical. And humping involved hills, mountains, rises AND sand.

4) EVERY day and night in San Diego you listen too and see Airplanes flying away from that GREAT training facility to remind you, YOU volunteered for that SHIT.

LMAO!!! You left out that memorable ride through SoCal from Edson Range to San Onofre via cattle car.

Or the "hitchhikers" that grew abundently between the 500m line the road where the hats made a ritual of ensuring you have a couple thousand in your sweatshirt before making you put your shooting jacket back on. Fuckers.

Two words

Sand

Fleas

Damn things are this big tip to tail <-->

Jaws are this big <------------------------>

BTW, try humping Hawaii and I aint talking wahines......

Never got blisters and never was a heat casualty. I did face plant the parade deck at 29 Palms while being very hung over and not remembering to not lock my knees. Being that there were great Marines all around me, they cleared a path and gave me an unobstructed descent into the asphalt.

Never got blisters and never was a heat casualty. I did face plant the parade deck at 29 Palms while being very hung over and not remembering to not lock my knees. Being that there were great Marines all around me, they cleared a path and gave me an unobstructed descent into the asphalt.

They might have broken your perfect position of attention while in descent had they interfered.:cool:

I did the same thing during my first ever change of command at El Toro. My guys allowed me to bounce off of them on the way down. I truly appreciated the way one of the Gunnies casually snatched my boot and drug me to the rear of the formation. Road rash isn't the word. Lucky me it was practice and in cammies. On the day of the actual it was Charlies and (never saw the sense in it) war gear.

Ah the good ol days......

They might have broken your perfect position of attention while in descent had they interfered.:cool:

I did the same thing during my first ever change of command at El Toro. My guys allowed me to bounce off of them on the way down. I truly appreciated the way one of the Gunnies casually snatched my boot and drug me to the rear of the formation. Road rash isn't the word. Lucky me it was practice and in cammies. On the day of the actual it was Charlies and (never saw the sense in it) war gear.

Ah the good ol days......

I don't remember the descent, but the bruised face and ego lasted about a week and a half.

We did Charlies and war gear when P.X. Kelly came to the stumps. Ah, the memories.

I don't remember the descent, but the bruised face and ego lasted about a week and a half.

We did Charlies and war gear when P.X. Kelly came to the stumps. Ah, the memories.

The arty unit on one of the CAX's I was on almost blew PX off the OP at Noble Pass ... does that count?:eusa_shifty:

It never ceases to amaze me how similar war stories are between Marines and Army folks....

I never was a heat casualty or passed out on parade....being a perfect soldier and all that....heh

It never ceases to amaze me how similar war stories are between Marines and Army folks....

Similar, but we never quite understood the couch cover and concealment exercise. :cool:

camo.jpg

I never was a heat casualty or passed out on parade....being a perfect soldier and all that....heh

Admin? :eusa_dance:

All in good fun CSM, all in good fun.

I believe, and often state, that we should debate the political positions and not attack the person. I could be a ditch digger or a 20-year veteran. If I joined the military, it could have been for any reason or for a variety of reasons. Whatever job I’ve held does not necessarily support or invalidate my view on different issues. Also, one does not have to have served in the military in order to have a strong position on the military or any particular war. Some “Commander in Chiefs” have led wars but not served in wars. They have advisors and cabinet people to inform them and give educated opinions.

Similar, but we never quite understood the couch cover and concealment exercise. :cool:

camo.jpg

Admin? :eusa_dance:

All in good fun CSM, all in good fun.

A soldier grabs sleep whenever he can....and chow and maybe even a shower if the opportunity presents itself.

Though I understand Marines have an aversion to showers.

I believe, and often state, that we should debate the political positions and not attack the person. I could be a ditch digger or a 20-year veteran. If I joined the military, it could have been for any reason or for a variety of reasons. Whatever job I’ve held does not necessarily support or invalidate my view on different issues. Also, one does not have to have served in the military in order to have a strong position on the military or any particular war. Some “Commander in Chiefs” have led wars but not served in wars. They have advisors and cabinet people to inform them and give educated opinions.

Except when liberals want to bad mouth Bush that is, or you want to even. As I recall you also have taken a few shots at Bush for not having gone to Viet Nam. This thread is not about that anyway, it is about vets attacking other vets because they think it is ok to do so. I can name one certain Vet here that thinks it is quite fine to denigrate my service and he has done it at least 3 different times.

Do try and keep up with the discussion.

Forum List

Back