Mike Pence’s Newest Campaign Ad Blunder: Pretends to Fill Up Pickup Truck with Gas at Pump without Selecting Fuel Grade and Pressing Gas Lever

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Whadda dork!

He might want to hire someone to concentrate on lil details like that in an all important campaign ad.

Hey Mike
You need to remove the gas cap before you start fueling.

I notice you are not actually squeezing the handle lever so no gas will come out. I don’t know why it is beeping.
You also don’t have to hold the gas lever the whole time you pump gas. They have a little clip you can activate that will pump until full and then shut off.

My gas station also makes me pay up front or insert a credit card before I can start pumping.

Welcome to the real world

Last edited:
Poor Mike usually has his Chauffeur pump the gas

Pretends to Fill Up Pickup Truck with Gas at Pump​

One early oddity I noticed was that the vehicle fuel door was already open when he got out of the truck.

Actually, he could have simply selected the fuel grade and lever and opened tank door before the video started out of simplicity of getting straight to the message. You can hear the pump pumping. What confuses the matter is his appearing to get out of the truck, but again, maybe he opened the door just to put the keys back inside after unlocking his gas cap?

Either way, I'll not lose any sleep over Pence's video but I'm glad he remembers $2.00 gasoline. I remember gas costing 30¢/gallon. In fact, I was building engines and street racing when I could still buy gas for 99¢. Used to buy 115 octane racing fuel for just a little over a buck, you know, to keep my 12:1 high compression engine from dieseling.

Actually, he could have simply selected the fuel grade and lever and opened tank door before the video started out of simplicity of getting straight to the message. You can hear the pump pumping. What confuses the matter is his appearing to get out of the truck, but again, maybe he opened the door just to put the keys back inside after unlocking his gas cap?

Either way, I'll not lose any sleep over Pence's video but I'm glad he remembers $2.00 gasoline. I remember gas costing 30¢/gallon. In fact, I was building engines and street racing when I could still buy gas for 99¢. Used to buy 115 octane racing fuel for just a little over a buck, you know, to keep my 12:1 high compression engine from dieseling.

Still wouldn’t Pump

When you grab the nozzle, you have to lift the cradle it sets on to activate the pump

You have to actually squeeze the trigger

Mike……Look at me!
I’m pumping gas

One early oddity I noticed was that the vehicle fuel door was already open when he got out of the truck. This guy is such a phony.

sounds like people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. most likely the fuel door release is inside the truck.

index.23.gif

Hey Mike
You need to remove the gas cap before you start fueling.

I notice you are not actually squeezing the handle lever so no gas will come out. I don’t know why it is beeping.
You also don’t have to hold the gas lever the whole time you pump gas. They have a little clip you can activate that will pump until full and then shut off.

My gas station also makes me pay up front or insert a credit card before I can start pumping.

Welcome to the real world

Many FORDS no longer have a GAS cap. They have a flap that closes inside the gas tube to the tank. supposedly a good seal. When done you close the gas door and no worries.

Many FORDS no longer have a GAS cap. They have a flap that closes inside the gas tube to the tank. supposedly a good seal. When done you close the gas door and no worries.

I have a Ford F-150
That was not one of them

I also know how to pump gas

Do you have to squeeze the trigger for gas to come out?

Yeah, you kinda do, some pumps used to be able to lock open so you could relieve your hand and it shut off by itself upon fill up, which Pence never did so he never actually pumped any gas, but then, he was making a commercial about gas prices, so it isn't like he was really claiming to actually need gas or really be filling up, the gas station was just a set. Don't know why anyone cares or makes such a big deal about this stupid stuff--- commercials are a performance art.

* The political elite always make fools of themselves when they try to be just one of the boys (or girls).

* President George Herbert Walker Bush was amazed by supermarket scanners when he deigned one day to enter such an establishment.

Yeah, you kinda do, some pumps used to be able to lock open so you could relieve your hand and it shut off by itself upon fill up, which Pence never did so he never actually pumped any gas, but then, he was making a commercial about gas prices, so it isn't like he was really claiming to actually need gas or really be filling up, the gas station was just a set. Don't know why anyone cares or makes such a big deal about this stupid stuff--- commercials are a performance art.

I know it is just an act for a commercial.
But it is one of those things that once you notice it, you can’t unnotice it.

I know it is just an act for a commercial.
But it is one of those things that once you notice it, you can’t unnotice it.

I bet Mike doesn't pump his own gas very often. He probably stays in the back of his black limo. If he did, he would have known that until you actually PAY, you can hold the pump handle all you want and SQUEEZE the trigger, and still, nothing actually comes out! But at least it would have LOOKED like you were pumping gas and not standing there like a stoop! Especially as they later added in the Ding Ding sound!

I'm pretty sure that the President doesn't pump his own gas. Why does Pence think his pumping skillz are an important job qualification?

One early oddity I noticed was that the vehicle fuel door was already open when he got out of the truck. This guy is such a phony.

you are only now figuring out that Pence is an idiot?

they had to find someone to make Grifty look less stupid, so they found Easter Island Head....but at least he can drive...

trumpgolfgreen.jpg

I bet Mike doesn't pump his own gas very often. He probably stays in the back of his black limo. If he did, he would have known that until you actually PAY, you can hold the pump handle all you want and SQUEEZE the trigger, and still, nothing actually comes out! But at least it would have LOOKED like you were pumping gas and not standing there like a stoop! Especially as they later added in the Ding Ding sound!
Trying to show Pence is a regular guy who drives a red pickup and pumps his own gas.

While he complains about gas prices you can’t help but notice….This guy doesn’t know how to pump gas, what does he know about prices at the pump?

Forum List

Back