Mike Huckabee's "cure" for diabetes. SUGARY CINNAMON Rolls. Ahh, GOP "science". Gotta love it!

They said an ingredient, I understand you are not intelligent to understand what an ingredient is and I also realize you very limited reading comprehension, that is why you are an ignorant partisan liar.
Since they showed the ENTIRE sugary cinnamon roll, how do you know the rest of the roll wasn't also a "key ingredient"? Perhaps the sugary roll activates the cinnamon????

I'm sorry, a complete fucking dumbshit like you wouldn't have the brains to figure out the a key ingredient doesn't mean the whole roll. Bitches like you just are around to stir up shit because you are partisan pussies. You swallow what ever your political party shoots down your mouth. And then vomit the shit back out, not knowing if it is intelligent or not. Salon and KOS are your cum gods, you drink it all down.

Only a teabagger would so adamantly defend sugary cinnamon rolls, and call it a political statement. Are you coo coo for coco puffs as well?
Bullshit! I again another left wing liar. Show me where I defended cinnamon rolls. You nutters are desperate and this thread shows it. Fuck off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More specifically, you are defending Huck for touting them as a cure for diabetes. That's funny too.
So, still refusing to acknowledge any of the myriad of links explaining actual studies to that effect...

They said an ingredient, I understand you are not intelligent to understand what an ingredient is and I also realize you very limited reading comprehension, that is why you are an ignorant partisan liar.
Since they showed the ENTIRE sugary cinnamon roll, how do you know the rest of the roll wasn't also a "key ingredient"? Perhaps the sugary roll activates the cinnamon????

I'm sorry, a complete fucking dumbshit like you wouldn't have the brains to figure out the a key ingredient doesn't mean the whole roll. Bitches like you just are around to stir up shit because you are partisan pussies. You swallow what ever your political party shoots down your mouth. And then vomit the shit back out, not knowing if it is intelligent or not. Salon and KOS are your cum gods, you drink it all down.

Only a teabagger would so adamantly defend sugary cinnamon rolls, and call it a political statement. Are you coo coo for coco puffs as well?
Bullshit! I again another left wing liar. Show me where I defended cinnamon rolls. You nutters are desperate and this thread shows it. Fuck off!

More specifically, you are defending Huck for touting them as a cure for diabetes. That's funny too.
I know, right?

So, still refusing to acknowledge any of the myriad of links explaining actual studies to that effect...
Then there are links to REAL scientists who say cinnamon is as effective as a placebo. Course, you guys don't believe in science. Look at all the links mocking evolution.

I know, right?
More lies, from rdum.

Scientific analysis that cinnamon lowers blood sugar.

Cinnamon intake lowers fasting blood gl... - PubMed Mobile - NCBI
I question any article that comes from a publication such as:

Journal of Medicinal Food

Why? Because they are creating a market. So their reporting is biased. In the abstract, they said they CHOSE from random articles and that's what they based their conclusion on.

It's like asking oil companies to conduct a study on climate change and finding there is no cause and effect.

You should know this. Don't just call something simply written down "scientific study". Think about where it comes from and what their motivation might be.

Consider this a "learning moment".

Why? Because they are creating a market. So their reporting is biased. In the abstract, they said they CHOSE from random articles and that's what they based their conclusion on.

It's like asking oil companies to conduct a study on climate change and finding there is no cause and effect.

You should know this. Don't just call something simply written down "scientific study". Think about where it comes from and what their motivation might be.

Yeah and prescription medications isn't biased. That is why big pharma hands samples to doctors and give them perks to prescribe their pills.

Just because doctors prescribe medication, doesn't mean it's going to be good for you. Think about where the motivation and commissions are.

"What their motivation may be?"

You're the biggest partisan hack here!

What's your motivation for blaming every bloody sparrow that falls out of a tree on Republicans?

Good Lord, these natural homeopathic "unscientific" remedies are the province of the granola-crunching, hippy Left. That's why some of the lowest rates of vaccination are in the wealthier areas of your whackjob state, California.

Now go back to telling everyone that Huckabee is telling people to eat cinnamon buns to cure diabetes, hack.

"Real scientists."

Author information
Paul A. Davis1 and Wallace Yokoyama2
1Department of Nutrition, University of California—Davis, Davis, California, USA.
2Western Regional Research Center, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Albany, California, USA.
Address correspondence to: Paul A. Davis, Ph.D., Department of Nutrition, Meyer Hall, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616,

This paper was cited by:
Nutritional Intervention and Impact of Polyphenol on Glycohaemoglobin (HbA1c) in Non-diabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Susana A. Palma-Duran, Antonis Vlassopoulos, Mike Lean, Lindsay Govan, Emilie Combet
Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. Mar 2015: 00-00
CrossRef
Extension of Drosophila lifespan by cinnamon through a sex-specific dependence on the insulin receptor substrate chico
Samuel E. Schriner, Steven Kuramada, Terry E. Lopez, Stephanie Truong, Andrew Pham, Mahtab Jafari
Experimental Gerontology. Dec 2014, Vol. 60: 220-230
CrossRef
Antihyperglycemic and in vivo antioxidative activity evaluation of Cinnamomum bejolghota (Buch.-Ham.) in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats: an ethnomedicinal plant in Assam
Barnali Gogoi, Bibhuti Bhusan Kakoti, Sudarshana Borah, Nilutpal Sharma Borah
Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. Sep 2014, Vol. 7: S427-S434
CrossRef
Selected Micronutrients and the Metabolic Basis for Their Support of Endothelial Health and Erectile Function
Robert Fried
. Jan 2014: 293-328
CrossRef
Cinnamon and Glucose Homeostasis
Richard A. Anderson
Nutrition Today. Jan 2014, Vol. 49: S10-S11
CrossRef
Attenuation of glucose transport across Caco-2 cell monolayers by a polyphenol-rich herbal extract: Interactions with SGLT1 and GLUT2 transporters
Tracy L. Farrell, Samantha L. Ellam, Taryn Forrelli, Gary Williamson
BioFactors. Jul 2013, Vol. 39, No. 10.1002/biof.v39.4: 448-456
CrossRef
Effect of short-term administration of cinnamon on blood pressure in patients with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes
Rajadurai Akilen, Zeller Pimlott, Amalia Tsiami, Nicola Robinson
Nutrition. Jul 2013
CrossRef
Chemical Composition and Hypoglycemic and Pancreas-Protective Effect of Leaf Essential Oil from Indigenous Cinnamon (Cinnamomum osmophloeum Kanehira)
Shih-Chieh Lee, Wen-Xin Xu, Li-Yun Lin, Jia-Jung Yang, Cheng-Tzu Liu
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. May 2013, Vol. 61: 4905-4913
CrossRef
Response to Akilen et al . Efficacy and safety of ‘true’ cinnamon ( Cinnamomum zeylanicum ) as a pharmaceutical agent in diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis
P. Ranasinghe, R. Jayawardena, P. Galappaththy, G. R. Constantine, N. de Vas Gunawardana, P. Katulanda
Diabetic Medicine. Apr 2013, Vol. 30: 506-507
CrossRef
Protective effect of cinnamon polyphenols against STZ-diabetic mice fed high-sugar, high-fat diet and its underlying mechanism
Rong Li, Tao Liang, Lingyuan Xu, Yongwen Li, Shijun Zhang, Xiaoqun Duan
Food and Chemical Toxicology. Jan 2013, Vol. 51: 419-425
CrossRef
Influence of Red Pepper Spice and Turmeric on Inflammation and Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Overweight Females: A Metabolomics Approach
David C. Nieman, Lynn Cialdella-Kam, Amy M. Knab, R. Andrew Shanely
Plant Foods for Human Nutrition. Dec 2012, Vol. 67: 415-421
CrossRef
In vivo and in vitro antidiabetic effects of aqueous cinnamon extract and cinnamon polyphenol-enhanced food matrix
Diana M. Cheng, Peter Kuhn, Alexander Poulev, Leonel E. Rojo, Mary Ann Lila, Ilya Raskin
Food Chemistry. Dec 2012, Vol. 135: 2994-3002
CrossRef
Cinnamon for diabetes mellitus
Matthew J Leach, Saravana Kumar, Matthew J Leach
. Sep 2012
CrossRef
Anti-inflammatory properties of culinary herbs and spices that ameliorate the effects of metabolic syndrome
Alois Jungbauer, Svjetlana Medjakovic
Maturitas. Jan 2012
CrossRef
Controversies surrounding the clinical potential of cinnamon for the management of diabetes
H. Rafehi, K. Ververis, T. C. Karagiannis
Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. Dec 2011: no-no
CrossRef
Functional food and diabetes: A natural way in diabetes prevention?
Simonetta Ballali, Federico Lanciai
International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. Nov 2011: 111122063314008
CrossRef

But we'll rely on rderp to distinguish between who is a real scientist and who is not for us.

Question away. I looked for an actual counter point but it also seemed to be missing. Then I tried to click on all those links you supplied to support your missing point but they seem to be broken.

Oh wait - you were not questioning anything after all - simply flatly rejecting scientific reality that does not fit your dogma. Carry on hack.

"What their motivation may be?"

You're the biggest partisan hack here!

What's your motivation for blaming every bloody sparrow that falls out of a tree on Republicans?

Good Lord, these natural homeopathic "unscientific" remedies are the province of the granola-crunching, hippy Left. That's why some of the lowest rates of vaccination are in the wealthier areas of your whackjob state, California.

Now go back to telling everyone that Huckabee is telling people to eat cinnamon buns to cure diabetes, hack.
Blaming Republicans for birds falling out of trees and reporting on their awful policies and the unintended and disastrous consequence from those policies are two different things. I could never make up what the GOP does or says. My mind doesn't dream all day and night about hurting people and living terrified.

"Real scientists."

Author information
Paul A. Davis1 and Wallace Yokoyama2
1Department of Nutrition, University of California—Davis, Davis, California, USA.
2Western Regional Research Center, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Albany, California, USA.
Address correspondence to: Paul A. Davis, Ph.D., Department of Nutrition, Meyer Hall, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616,

This paper was cited by:
Nutritional Intervention and Impact of Polyphenol on Glycohaemoglobin (HbA1c) in Non-diabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Susana A. Palma-Duran, Antonis Vlassopoulos, Mike Lean, Lindsay Govan, Emilie Combet
Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. Mar 2015: 00-00
CrossRef
Extension of Drosophila lifespan by cinnamon through a sex-specific dependence on the insulin receptor substrate chico
Samuel E. Schriner, Steven Kuramada, Terry E. Lopez, Stephanie Truong, Andrew Pham, Mahtab Jafari
Experimental Gerontology. Dec 2014, Vol. 60: 220-230
CrossRef
Antihyperglycemic and in vivo antioxidative activity evaluation of Cinnamomum bejolghota (Buch.-Ham.) in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats: an ethnomedicinal plant in Assam
Barnali Gogoi, Bibhuti Bhusan Kakoti, Sudarshana Borah, Nilutpal Sharma Borah
Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. Sep 2014, Vol. 7: S427-S434
CrossRef
Selected Micronutrients and the Metabolic Basis for Their Support of Endothelial Health and Erectile Function
Robert Fried
. Jan 2014: 293-328
CrossRef
Cinnamon and Glucose Homeostasis
Richard A. Anderson
Nutrition Today. Jan 2014, Vol. 49: S10-S11
CrossRef
Attenuation of glucose transport across Caco-2 cell monolayers by a polyphenol-rich herbal extract: Interactions with SGLT1 and GLUT2 transporters
Tracy L. Farrell, Samantha L. Ellam, Taryn Forrelli, Gary Williamson
BioFactors. Jul 2013, Vol. 39, No. 10.1002/biof.v39.4: 448-456
CrossRef
Effect of short-term administration of cinnamon on blood pressure in patients with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes
Rajadurai Akilen, Zeller Pimlott, Amalia Tsiami, Nicola Robinson
Nutrition. Jul 2013
CrossRef
Chemical Composition and Hypoglycemic and Pancreas-Protective Effect of Leaf Essential Oil from Indigenous Cinnamon (Cinnamomum osmophloeum Kanehira)
Shih-Chieh Lee, Wen-Xin Xu, Li-Yun Lin, Jia-Jung Yang, Cheng-Tzu Liu
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. May 2013, Vol. 61: 4905-4913
CrossRef
Response to Akilen et al . Efficacy and safety of ‘true’ cinnamon ( Cinnamomum zeylanicum ) as a pharmaceutical agent in diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis
P. Ranasinghe, R. Jayawardena, P. Galappaththy, G. R. Constantine, N. de Vas Gunawardana, P. Katulanda
Diabetic Medicine. Apr 2013, Vol. 30: 506-507
CrossRef
Protective effect of cinnamon polyphenols against STZ-diabetic mice fed high-sugar, high-fat diet and its underlying mechanism
Rong Li, Tao Liang, Lingyuan Xu, Yongwen Li, Shijun Zhang, Xiaoqun Duan
Food and Chemical Toxicology. Jan 2013, Vol. 51: 419-425
CrossRef
Influence of Red Pepper Spice and Turmeric on Inflammation and Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Overweight Females: A Metabolomics Approach
David C. Nieman, Lynn Cialdella-Kam, Amy M. Knab, R. Andrew Shanely
Plant Foods for Human Nutrition. Dec 2012, Vol. 67: 415-421
CrossRef
In vivo and in vitro antidiabetic effects of aqueous cinnamon extract and cinnamon polyphenol-enhanced food matrix
Diana M. Cheng, Peter Kuhn, Alexander Poulev, Leonel E. Rojo, Mary Ann Lila, Ilya Raskin
Food Chemistry. Dec 2012, Vol. 135: 2994-3002
CrossRef
Cinnamon for diabetes mellitus
Matthew J Leach, Saravana Kumar, Matthew J Leach
. Sep 2012
CrossRef
Anti-inflammatory properties of culinary herbs and spices that ameliorate the effects of metabolic syndrome
Alois Jungbauer, Svjetlana Medjakovic
Maturitas. Jan 2012
CrossRef
Controversies surrounding the clinical potential of cinnamon for the management of diabetes
H. Rafehi, K. Ververis, T. C. Karagiannis
Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. Dec 2011: no-no
CrossRef
Functional food and diabetes: A natural way in diabetes prevention?
Simonetta Ballali, Federico Lanciai
International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. Nov 2011: 111122063314008
CrossRef

But we'll rely on rderp to distinguish between who is a real scientist and who is not for us.
Cinnamon For Diabetes Take a Placebo Instead.

you didn't read the linked content, did you.

Why don't you go back and read it carefully so that you will understand why it has no significance with the current topic.

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease

I could never make up what the GOP does or says.

You DID make up what the GOP says! You do it all the time.

Here's an example.

Republicans most popular presidential candidate cured his diabetes eating lots of sugary cinnamon rolls.

He absolutely, positively did NOT say this.

Do you really lack this amount of self-awareness? Seriously?

Some studies have shown cinnamon to have a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Waxing indignant because a public person has seen this effect in his own life is quite ignorant.
No study says that. But the Huckster makes the claim his type 2 diabetes was "cured".
Some studies have shown cinnamon to have a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Waxing indignant because a public person has seen this effect in his own life is quite ignorant.
No study says that. But the Huckster makes the claim his type 2 diabetes was "cured".

If you look at the studies on Cinnamon and type 2 diabetes it is entirely possible to have your "type 2" diabetes "cured" by diet (reducing your weight) and cinnamon (2 teaspoons daily). I have not seen the whole video because someone always interrupts it to give their comments about their lack of knowledge about cinnamon and diabetes, but he does say through diet and losing weight along with cinnamon he was able to cure his diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is not the same as type 1 diabetes. Type 2 is entirely preventable for most people. Many people get type 2 diabetes when they put on a large amount of weight. That is why we are now seeing epidemic levels in our society.

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease
This is one topic you and I have always agreed on.

Forum List

Back