Mike Huckabee: Another Hater Who Wants To Be POTUS

Oh, and what Huckabee thread is complete without:

huckabee_family_photo.jpg

childish.

Don't encourage him, would be my advice to you giving advice to someone like me.

I'm guessing you don't post a 'childish' post on every fucking one of that skooker guy's pic posts?

How should we interpret that?

You clearly don't mind being considered the equal of skooker. Good to know. I had put you at above that intellectual paygrade. I will reevaluate that and move you down to 'total idiot'.

Madeline. you're an idiot with your stupid bullshit. Huckabee is a great guy who was a very good Governer. Oooh boogie man, he's a Christian who believes that homosexuality is a sin. If and when you see him advocating punishing gays in ANY way get back to me, until then stop trying to take away his first Amendment rights. You don't like him, fine don't fucking vote for him. That doesn't make him a hater. In fact I would say that not getting YOUR vote is a good thing.

Fucking lunatic. Also, I find it tres amusing that you hate as much as you and whine that others hate.

Very good governor my ass. Don't you remember him going on Letterman and calling AR a "Banana Republic"? Or the deterioration of the education system while he was in office? Or the labor abuses at Tyson and others his AG refused to pursue? The problems with illegal tax levies that had to be pursued privately and at huge cost because, again, his AG's office wouldn't touch it?

He's a decent enough guy, and at least he's no hypocrite about his beliefs. If you sit down and talk to him it's obvious they are genuine. But voting for a guy just because he's a decent enough fella and might be nice to have a beer with's done us a whole lot of good in the past, hasn't it? :rolleyes:

Hater:

1. A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock someone else down a notch.

2. Overused word that people like to use just because someone else expresses a dislike for a certain individual.

3. A person who feels anger and/or jealousy for someone who has succeeded in something they have worked hard for.

4. A being who speaks badly,and/or takes negative actions in attempt to create problems for a successful person.

Urban Dictionary: hater

5. (Mine) A person who has lost perspective of a normal disagreement.

Why does his stance against gay marriage make him a hater?

Can't a person disagree with gay marriage and not be labeled a hater?

No.

This is America; every American has the same rights -- or should.

Marriage is based on the biology of a man and a woman.

And their natural ability to conceive children when paired together.

Thus creating a family; which results in bonding and society.

Homos packing each others fudge does none of these things. :doubt:

No.

This is America; every American has the same rights -- or should.

Marriage is based on the biology of a man and a woman.

And their natural ability to conceive children when paired together.

Thus creating a family; which results in bonding and society.

Homos packing each others fudge does none of these things. :doubt:

You are certainly free to worship and believe as you wish, Sunni Man, and I will fight for your rights to do so. But if you attempt to use the government to enforce your beliefs on non-Muslims and make second class citizens of GLBT people, we shall be on opposite sides.

And not for nothing, but just how much support for the Freedom Of Religion American Muslims should have do you really think will be forthcoming from people who want to outlaw gay marriage?

My guess is, non-Muslims GLBT Americans will fight for your freedom -- at least do not step on theirs, please.

After winning Iowa's precinct caucuses in the last election cycle, Huckabee quickly faded and he's now working as a television and radio commentator. But he makes it clear he's thinking of another run for the GOP presidential nomination.

"Am I keeping the option open? Yes," Huckabee said. "Am I open to considering it? Of course I am, I would be foolish not to in light of what I've been through."
He noted that he's in a much different place than four years ago, when he said he was "an asterisk in the polls."
"This time in most of the national polls I'm either at the top or near the top and that certainly is a different position to be in," he said.
Huckabee said he wasn't sure about a timetable for reaching a decision, but it's likely that potential Republican candidates will begin making their intentions clear early next year. "Ask me in six months and I'll have a clearer answer," he said.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Sunday that Iowa voters likely launched a national movement when ousting three state Supreme Court justices who agreed with a decision to strike a ban on gay marriage.
Huckabee was in Des Moines courting evangelical conservatives who pushed him to victory in Iowa's leadoff precinct caucuses in the last election.

"The significance and historic nature of the judicial elections here in Iowa were far bigger than the borders of Iowa," he said. "It was a very important statement that voters made, a statement that resonated across the country and one that I think will give legs to a larger movement over the next few years."

Mike Huckabee lauds ousting of Iowa justices over gay marriage, courts evangelicals | cleveland.com

Ugh.

Your thoughts, folks?
Perhaps you should call for a boycott of Iowa's corporate sponsors.

Can't a person disagree will gay marriage and not be labeled a hater?

I wouldn't say that everyone who opposes gay marriage is a "hater" and I don't know Huckabee well enough to say one way or the other.

But there are only two reasons I can think of why someone would oppose gay marriage. Ignorance and fear. And either of those can lead to hate.
So is Obama ignorant or fearful?

What argument can anyone make against gay marriage that doesn't involve hate in some form?

There is no rational argument against gay marriage, so any argument against it must necessarily be irrational. So if hate is not the irrational sentiment/emotion driving the argument, what is?

Then you think Obama is irrational?

Are you implying that deep religious convictions are incompatible with being a hater?

I think it has nothing to do with hate.
Many conservatives AND liberals are very passionate about their stances on things. Do you refer to them as haters?

I find that a gratuitous, baseless, irrational, unjustifiable desire to deny someone a perfectly legitimate right or privilege to be an expression of hostility, and a desire to do harm.

I'm willing to include that under the banner of 'hate in some form'.
So Obama's a hater.

Mike Huckabee may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is hardly a hater.

He is a person with deep religious convictions, and seems to be a genuinely decent guy. I am not inclined to vote for him, btw.

Hater = don't accept a wide open body of "rights" for everyone to do anything.

Hater = someone who wants the government to prevent your neighbor from doing what you do, because you hate your neighbor.
Yep. Obama's a hater, then.

Oh, and what Huckabee thread is complete without:

huckabee_family_photo.jpg
His fans will love that well-fed family.
Remember when Huckabee ran last time he went on a diet and started to jog? He's gained it all back now. I wonder if he'll lose it again for this campaign.

I don't think Mady has ever heard Huck! He is anything but a hater. He is extremely level headed and calm. He is also a fair tax man. I would vote for him!

Not really, maybe he's a hater but damn, he's dumb. Him and Chuck Norris..

sarah....you should never ever mess with chuck.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIgey9NLdhk[/ame]

Last edited:
I think Huckabee is a despicable person, but I dont see how he can possibly be labeled a hater. I see no evidence that he hates anyone, other than those who stand in his way for his political goals.

I think it has nothing to do with hate.
Many conservatives AND liberals are very passionate about their stances on things. Do you refer to them as haters?

I find that a gratuitous, baseless, irrational, unjustifiable desire to deny someone a perfectly legitimate right or privilege to be an expression of hostility, and a desire to do harm.

I'm willing to include that under the banner of 'hate in some form'.
So Obama's a hater.

Absolutely if he's opposed to gay marriage.

Forum List

Back