Microwave bacon works...

Good grief my man.

My grandad ate bacon or sausage or scrapple or ham every morning with so much grease on his plate his eggs floated on top of it.

And after he finished, he's sop up every drop with a biscuit made with lard.

...and lived to be 93.

Love old school stuff Missourian , and i know so many sorts that subscribe to that lifestyle

Roy's sow 2.JPG

When i'm gone, i honestly hope folks will talk me up >>>did you know what that man's diet was about<<< deal.....
:yes_text12:
~S~

Love old school stuff Missourian , and i know so many sorts that subscribe to that lifestyle

View attachment 764444

When i'm gone, i honestly hope folks will talk me up >>>did you know what that man's diet was about<<< deal.....
:yes_text12:
~S~

Reminds me of a friend of the Wife and I.
Her husband took her out to his parents farm after they first met and when breakfast time came there were still a few hairs on the bacon.
She about flipped out!! And her new boyfriend just whispered...just dont eat the hairy parts.
Yeah she was appalled to say the least.

Y'all probably already know this...but if you don't, I did it...and it worked.

If you like your bacon crystalized crisp, you'll like it out of the microwave.

Took four minutes in my nuker.

Microwave safe plate, a paper towel or two on the plate, bacon on the paper towel, a paper towel or two on top...

...the website said four pieces of bacon...but my bacon was waaaay too long for that...did two strips torn in half to make up four half strips at a time.

Website said 4-6 minute. I started peekin' at 3½ minutes. Did a whole 12oz pack. Some were done at 3:40...some took up to 4:10.

They were crisp enough to easily crush and add to macaroni salad.

Only downside is you lose that delicious bacon grease.

Link...

Have you tried making bacon in the oven?

Cookie sheet
Two large sheets of aluminum foil
1 lb sliced bacon

Line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil
put bacon in cookie sheet
Place 2nd sheet of foil on
Fold foil together so it forms a kind of pouch around the back.

Broil in oven for 30-40 minutes
Hard to overcook because the bacon grease stays inside the foil

If you like your bacon crispy but not crunchy.

Forum List

Back