Microsoft Tips

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I just got an update and was surprised to find it has something about tips for using the program. It shows you:

What’s new

Best of Microsoft Edge

Personalize your PC

The Basics

Get organized

Create and edit videos

Create in 3D

And what I never knew is that you can get emojis by hitting the Microsoft button + period.

Check it out. It’s in your apps menu.

I just got an update and was surprised to find it has something about tips for using the program. It shows you:

What’s new

Best of Microsoft Edge

Personalize your PC

The Basics

Get organized

Create and edit videos

Create in 3D

And what I never knew is that you can get emojis by hitting the Microsoft button + period.

Check it out. It’s in your apps menu.
Microsoft wants you on Edge, even if it has to trick you

As for the rest, I had all of that the moment I installed Kubuntu. :dunno:

On more important matters....Microsoft seems to be completely ignoring the ever-growing ransomware viruses.
Pretty much everyone I know with a Win 10 box is now having these.
It is easy to get around them for more informed PC users...simply open task manager and kill your browser and it is gone (for now).
It is widespread, my wifes computer, despite NoScript, despite ABP, despite Spyboy S&D - I can't stop it from happening once a week or so.
It is on computers at work, friends call me...other business acquaintances are talking about their computers doing it.
Yet...the media is strangely silent about it.

flvajl.jpg

BTW folks I guess you know M$ is in honest trouble.
I read an article that they have lost 300,000,000 users since Win 10 inception.
And of course, after finally giving up on Windows Mobile... Android and Apple own that market.
Win 10 is running on 600 million devices, a full 400 million short of the 1 billion they thought they would have by now.

"It looks like you are writing a suicide note. If you'd like some help, please click here."

01_clippy_full.jpg

On more important matters....Microsoft seems to be completely ignoring the ever-growing ransomware viruses.
Pretty much everyone I know with a Win 10 box is now having these.
It is easy to get around them for more informed PC users...simply open task manager and kill your browser and it is gone (for now).
It is widespread, my wifes computer, despite NoScript, despite ABP, despite Spyboy S&D - I can't stop it from happening once a week or so.
It is on computers at work, friends call me...other business acquaintances are talking about their computers doing it.
Yet...the media is strangely silent about it.

Now that you reminded me, I've haven't been hit with that one in a month or so, knock-on-wood. Only difference I made has been to get back into a habit of doing a restart at least once a week. Not sure if that has made the difference.

Forum List

Back