Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Looking to possibly upgrade my gaming mobo, here's what I have;

Gigabyte GA 78LMT - USB3
AMD Phenom II x6 1050T
DDR3 32768 MBytes 669.6 MHz
650 Watt LSP Ultra power supply

Any ideas?

Hmm, ok. Your CPU is quite old. I heard those run slightly slower on FM3 or above. If it is only about the USB ports, the PCI card is the better solution, I guess.

Hmm, ok. Your CPU is quite old. I heard those run slightly slower on FM3 or above. If it is only about the USB ports, the PCI card is the better solution, I guess.
Not "quite old" but yes it's older but still fast enough for my needs besides I have no idea what FM3 is. :dunno:

Not "quite old" but yes it's older but still fast enough for my needs besides I have no idea what FM3 is. :dunno:
FM3 is the socket of the Phenom. So I rather meant FM4. There was some article that said the Phenoms are faster on the older boards.

FM3 is the socket of the Phenom. So I rather meant FM4. There was some article that said the Phenoms are faster on the older boards.
Thanks, but that would be AM3 and AM3+ or AM4, I use AMD all the time, don't need to spend extra for Intel. I just ordered the USB3 expansion card. Maybe in a year or two I'll do a new build that can be obsolete 6 months after I build it.......... :lol:

Last edited:
Of course I could always switch up to an AM4, they are backwards compatible then upgrade everything else later. Dunno, just a thought.

Thanks, but that would be AM3 and AM3+ or AM4, I use AMD all the time, don't need to spend extra for Intel. I just ordered the USB3 expansion card. Maybe in a year or two I'll do a new build that can be obsolete 6 months after I build it.......... :lol:
I see. I was not only wrong about the number but the other part too. FM, so that´s for the budget CPUs and those with IGP, then.
But isn´t the Phenom not a bit weak for the current games?

I see. I was not only wrong about the number but the other part too. FM, so that´s for the budget CPUs and those with IGP, then.
Not playing any current games.

Not playing any current games.
Yeah, me too.

Forum List

Back