Microsoft bans "small percentage" of Live accounts - Death Threats in Reaction

Oh, and a source that won't require "signing up" for some account to get access to. ;) Okay?

You changed your point again. Originally it was to read the rest of the article, now it's in general. Don't like the fact they want you to register to see user comments? Too bad.

I didn't deny it, I am merely saying there needs to be more evidence than a couple of blips and forum posts. Until solid evidence one way or the other appears, from a souorce other than MS or it's affiliates, your point is still unprovable. However now you are making a huge assumption that all people would break a law just for a company being stupid? That's pretty much the crux of your problem here, you are swallowing the story too easily and not doubting it just because you think people would actually do that en-mass? Your point actually makes the story less believable now, and I have been known to exaggerate but this is beyond even mine. So thousands of people would be willing to break a federal (I think?) law just because they lost a gaming account on some server? That's illogical. Maybe a few people would do that, but thousands, even hundreds is a stretch. You are missing a lot of my points, so reread them and try to actually debate this, otherwise admit that you are just easily fooled.

Until I see a story, not just blips with unproven statements and really unsubstantial sources, it will not be fact, and since it's not fact it's safe to assume it's a PR stunt. Here's a hint, find a report on something that is not affiliated with Microsoft, anything. CNN, CBS, a city or state newspaper, anything, that shows real numbers and police or FBI interviews ... anything like that.

Except these websites are not MS's lackey. Do I think some people would call up the Policy Head of 360 with "death threats" because they got banned from 360 for doing stupid shit? Yes.

Nobody ever said thousands, or even hundreds. YOU are taking my argument out of context ONCE AGAIN. YOU are a liar. I suggest you stop doing so.

You prove once again you're a hack.

Um .. false accusations does not make a good debater, I did not lie about anything. I did pose questions, and anyone who works for XBox is a MS lackey, many gaming sites are MS lackeys (hint: they are run by actual gaming companies or fanbois). The one that wasn't was still just a blip, no actual evidence or proof posted, though it did shed light on the story. However, my whole point about that was that this happened a few(?) days ago, and one story was posted yesterday ... yet nothing anywhere else. Since XBox is a MS product and MS is a rather large and influential company, there would be more stories, more sources, and much much more evidence. But nothing ... nadda, nothing was posted anywhere else, even the IRC chatters have heard nothing (some do searches for anything about IRC to but don't click on game site links very often) .... even the IRC developers are shrugging. That's a red flag, the people he is accusing of this are suppose to be part of the IRC community but they haven't heard anything. Unless MS isolates their IRC (I know they don't, just a what if here) and didn't want the story leaked (which they failed at anyway due to their own coverage on MSNBC) there is no reason this would be on just a few locations ... you don't seem to fathom how fast information online moves ... if there was more to this, it would have been published ... yesterday. So again, until I see more sources and information I am still holding to the PR stunt contention.

There are a lot of reasons for such a stunt to:

1. Many people have realized that their "new" OS, Windoze 7, is nothing new and their online influence is weakening.

2. Bing is a total flop, still more people who are being disillusioned means they are getting even weaker.

3. Being caught in their lies, which Best Buy employees (and others) are being trained to tell (luckily most have more integrity than that). This was the most damaging as it made their predatory nature highly public.

Reason three is the biggest one, the one that being the victim would actually help soften ... but only if they can get the other news networks to pick up the story. However, most news networks require, like I asked for, law enforcement reports and interviews because they can get into more trouble with false accusations. MSNBC isn't enough of a news network, because the MS editors don't count as journalists, to have to worry about such solid evidence. (HINT: MS in MSNBC stands for Microsoft, the N actually stands for two words, News and Network, it's what happens when a software company buys a news channel)

I seriously want to rip that fucking winking smiley off the screen. You use it when you're being a bitch, to try and act cute and funny and smug. Congratulation, it works on 2 of those 4 measures. You pick which 2 and I'll tell you if you're right.

So once again, KK lies about my argument and goes off on Microsoft in her crusade. KK, can you stay on-topic for one page at least?

I seriously want to rip that fucking winking smiley off the screen. You use it when you're being a bitch, to try and act cute and funny and smug. Congratulation, it works on 2 of those 4 measures. You pick which 2 and I'll tell you if you're right.

;) Aaaw ... does the wittle baby not like ;) seeing people smile? ;)

Seriously, are you this whiny in real life? because now you're just grating. Everyone is smug, you are being smug yourself right now. Why not address some debate here? Like ... oh I don't know ... why the story is only on MSNBC and not any other sites or even TV newscasts? Use your brain for once ... mkay? Also no, I don't just use it when being a bitch, I use it a lot, it's the easiest one to add without having to click with the mouse that actually expresses my average emotion.

Oh, and if my current "smugness" annoys you so much, where were you last year when I was even "smuggier"?

So once again, KK lies about my argument and goes off on Microsoft in her crusade. KK, can you stay on-topic for one page at least?

:doubt: That is on topic, come up with some valid reason that only MS controlled and fan sites only have the story? That's part of the reason it looks like a PR stunt, if you can't answer that then you are admitting it looks like a PR stunt. But a Google search turns up nothing else ... nothing, not Fox, CNN, CBS, not a newspaper, nothing, it's just on MSNBC, MS sites, and fanboi sites. So ... admit it's possibly a PR stunt or come up with something, as I asked for from the beginning, that is not MS affiliated showing even a hint of the story. Even then, you need proof, real evidence, you made the assertion that this is all fact, where are the reports? Where are the interviews with law enforcement? Where's something that can't be fabricated or altered at least? Anything besides MS article or fanboi article. I'm not asking for much, and usually people post more than this for even simple contentions or they simply say (like I often do) "it's just my perspective/opinion/experience" and leave it at that. You are not reading my whole posts yet still keep holding to this being solid fact ... sorry, it's not fact without solid evidence, it's ... again ... perspective/opinion/experience ... none of which is provable.

Like ... oh I don't know ... why the story is only on MSNBC and not any other sites or even TV newscasts?

Because not everyone cares. I certainly don't care. Do you expect breaking newsflashes over a million kids getting banned from Xbox?

Not everyone cares about death threats to an employee of MS? Wow .. um ... they posted a story about a lost dog in the local paper, front fucking page here, and this doesn't make our local papers at all? That's like ... oh ... Washington DC not publishing a story about a senator getting shot, seriously, I am smack dab in the middle of Microsucks fucking city, but ... nadda! So tell me again, how a major software company (who has almost everyone by the pubic hairs) getting death threats to an employees personal phone is not breaking news. Please, this is going to make me laugh.

So just because it's not reported in the MSM, it's not a story? Is this your new BS line after "Oh if it's not in my IRC's then it doesn't exist." You truly do need to make up your mind as you keep changing your standards page by page when you get mocked for being a fool.

Like ... oh I don't know ... why the story is only on MSNBC and not any other sites or even TV newscasts?

Because not everyone cares. I certainly don't care. Do you expect breaking newsflashes over a million kids getting banned from Xbox?

Not everyone cares about death threats to an employee of MS? Wow .. um ... they posted a story about a lost dog in the local paper, front fucking page here, and this doesn't make our local papers at all? That's like ... oh ... Washington DC not publishing a story about a senator getting shot, seriously, I am smack dab in the middle of Microsucks fucking city, but ... nadda! So tell me again, how a major software company (who has almost everyone by the pubic hairs) getting death threats to an employees personal phone is not breaking news. Please, this is going to make me laugh.

Oh, you're still rambling about the death threats. I was talking about the banned players.

You also still realize that this news just went public today, right? It could still show up everywhere tomorrow. And if it doesn't, it changes nothing. Your claims of it being a publicity stunt have as much credibility as you yourself have: which is none.

Oh, you're still rambling about the death threats. I was talking about the banned players.

You also still realize that this news just went public today, right? It could still show up everywhere tomorrow. And if it doesn't, it changes nothing. Your claims of it being a publicity stunt have as much credibility as you yourself have: which is none.

:doubt: The story linked by Dogbert from MSNBC says it was published yesterday, unless there is some other definition of "going public" then that's a moot point. It would be a hilight in the news segments during commercial break right now if there was more to the story. Also no, it does change things, again, if there are criminal charges to show it's nothing but a publicity stunt, I will recant that assertion, until such time that there is some hard proof like that it stands. You can't prove me wrong. What I don't get is why you are so for having the little guy (second hand purchasers, mostly kids) pay for something someone else did (the intelligence modders who don't get caught). So ... the only thing that concerns me about this story is the death threats, yes, of course, because I don't like seeing kids get in trouble for something they don't do and buying second hand is a smart way to save money. So who do you side with, a corporation who is allowed to punish people for no reason or people living within their means and kids?

I gotta love the way that KK is framing this argument. Microsoft is evil and is just trying to jail their customers (because that's the best way to make revenue obviously) for no good reason. Meanwhile, all those poor innocent modders were just out to have a good time, despite breaking TOS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo]YouTube - Children[/ame]

So just because it's not reported in the MSM, it's not a story? Is this your new BS line after "Oh if it's not in my IRC's then it doesn't exist." You truly do need to make up your mind as you keep changing your standards page by page when you get mocked for being a fool.

Not even asking for MSM ... just something other than a MS source or fanboi ... hell, ZDNet would be nice, or Byte. Something not invested in MS's success.

As for your point against the publicity stunt contention, makes no sense, posting on their own forum would be way too transparent, and make it more credible actually. This is one of the primary reasons it looks like a publicity stunt, you don't advertise to people who have already swallowed the hook, you do it to people who don't have any opinion one way or the other. Gaming forums tend to have a lot of "middle grounders" who just use products, this victim role is an attempt to make it look like everyone else is picking on them, in spite of the exact opposite being the fact.

You ignored the fact that the forum in question literally has 87 members. But I'm not surprised, you seem to be as incapable of reading as Ravi is, if not moreso.
:lol::lol: Low blow!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

First, do you ever pull up anything up-to-date or do you just not know how to check publishing dates?

Second, the more recent (two days ago), MSNBC published article, which interviewed a game reseller, and I'm just too damned busy to do your homework for you and go back in the thread to where Dogbert posted it, says that their new enforcement (notice the word "new") is of concern for second hand purchasers ... now, catch up, even Dogbert wasn't stupid enough to deny that part at this point, and Jon's contention was that it's the second hand purchaser's own responsibility (mostly because he failed to prove MS would actually help him out). So ... catch up and try again.

First, do you ever pull up anything up-to-date or do you just not know how to check publishing dates?

Second, the more recent (two days ago), MSNBC published article, which interviewed a game reseller, and I'm just too damned busy to do your homework for you and go back in the thread to where Dogbert posted it, says that their new enforcement (notice the word "new") is of concern for second hand purchasers ... now, catch up, even Dogbert wasn't stupid enough to deny that part at this point, and Jon's contention was that it's the second hand purchaser's own responsibility (mostly because he failed to prove MS would actually help him out). So ... catch up and try again.
:lol: You're mixing up the console with the games.

Of course it is a concern to resellers.

However, that in no way means that MICROSOFT considers reselling games piracy, as you idiotically stated.

However, that in no way means that MICROSOFT considers reselling games piracy, as you idiotically stated.

XBox is MS. Whether they openly say they consider it is completely moot, however, they are treating them as pirates in this instance. Again, catch up, either read the whole thread and catch up, or back out while you still have a tiny thread of dignity left. I'm in too good of a mood to squash another tech-wannabe.

XBox is MS. Whether they openly say they consider it is completely moot, however, they are treating them as pirates in this instance. Again, catch up, either read the whole thread and catch up, or back out while you still have a tiny thread of dignity left. I'm in too good of a mood to squash another tech-wannabe.
It is you that is the tech-wannabe. Very funny stuff from you KK, more amusing than your usual idiocy.

It is you that is the tech-wannabe. Very funny stuff from you KK, more amusing than your usual idiocy.

Click my sig ... that's proof that I am a programmer, what code have you ever written?

Forum List

Back