Micky Dolenz Suing the FBI to See File Bureau Has on The Monkees

To paraphrase Ann Landers when asked if screaming at a Monkees concert was complaint-worthy: "Screaming at *someone wearing a mask improperly* is not only in order, it is practically compulsory." (Asterisks denote replaced text)

"if you kids don't stop screaming in my ears, i'm gonna start screaming in yours!"

Peter Tork was known for throwing some of the wildest parties of Laurel Canyon! He had quite a reputation for always making sure no one wore any clothes while partying at his place.

Mickey might be shocked to learn that he was accused of being a spy for russia
Which is the standard lie that the FBI uses against practically everyone the FBI does not like
There's your FBI priorities. Ignore the Fentanyl, child sex trafficking and illegal immigrant attack on our country, the crime wave sweeping the country and investigate a 60s pop band and some dusty boxes of stuff. Good Gawd.

Tut tut. JackOfNoTrades will be the first person to tell you that the FBI are as American as apple pie just doing the good work of the Lord. Here comes Jack now to defend them. :smoke:

Legendary? The songs they did were written by Neil Diamond and Carol King. Only one was a musician.

Actually, Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart collaborated on more songs than anyone else probably, all of the Monkeys collaborated on many of the songs, and eventually, they all grew into musicians actually performing live on stage.

Yeah. Everyone knows those Monkees were in reality violent, radical leftist instigators who wanted to bring about a communist overthrow of this country.

Funny, isn't it, JG?

We had a government worried about sedition from
The Monkees, yet we still ended up with Joe
Biden, Bernie Sanders and AOC in office
while raiding Trump's home looking
for Melania's thong underwear!
:th_waiting:

Same thing would have happened had the Monkees opened for him.
A friend saw one of those shows as a kid. He said Peter Tork came out from backstage and watched in awe as Hendrix played.

I was surprised when I heard Hendrix state that one of his favorite guitar players was Billy Gibbons, from ZZ Top.

Gibbons has nice tone, but not near the licks and showmanship Hendrix had.

I was surprised when I heard Hendrix state that one of his favorite guitar players was Billy Gibbons, from ZZ Top.

Gibbons has nice tone, but not near the licks and showmanship Hendrix had.
Bullshit.

Gibbons is 10 times the Guitar player that Hendrix was.

Had Hendrix lived, there is little doubt that he would have grown, but seriously, Gibbons is one of the greatest blues guitarists to ever live.

Bullshit.

Gibbons is 10 times the Guitar player that Hendrix was.

Had Hendrix lived, there is little doubt that he would have grown, but seriously, Gibbons is one of the greatest blues guitarists to ever live.

Hendrix was innovative. He did thing to a guitar that nobody ever thought of, but could also play the blues like nobody ever had. Hendrix spawned a whole genre of guitar players, including SRV and most every guitar player I ever met in Texas.

Whereas, Gibbons is basically a blues player. Here was Hendrix at his worst, hung over and strung out...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back