Michelle Obama Continues to Increase the Government’s Role in Parenting

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site

SNIP:

Sasha and Malia apparently aren’t enough for Michelle Obama. She wants to mother our children, too. That’s the only conclusion that can be reached when observing the First Lady’s campaign to decrease parents’ role in raising their children.

Obama’s latest method of gaining more control is through school food nutrition standards. Noting that home-packed lunches aren’t up to the First Lady’s standards, the government is making school meals free for all, regardless of income, as part of a four-state pilot program that begins this fall.

Given our penchant for free stuff, parents will be walking right into the trap. But never fear, the media cheers. The Muskegon (Mich.) Chronicle reports:

“Muskegon parents can put the peanut butter back on the shelf and the bologna sandwiches back in the refrigerator, because this year breakfast and lunch will be served free to all student.’

More disturbing than the cost of this unnecessary program is the way Obama is further cutting parents out of the picture and hijacking their critical role. We constantly hear from bureaucrats and government school apologists who say parents aren’t involved enough. Their solution? Decrease parental responsibility even more. By encouraging free government lunches for all students, Michelle Obama is creating a situation that will increase government interference in family life and take a major responsibility away from parents.

But, hey, why worry about Johnny’s lunch when Uncle Sam is taking care of it?

all of it here
Michelle Obama Continues to Increase the Government

If you read one of the imbedded links, there does appear to be an effort to modify school menus toward healthier balanced meals. Problem is, kids chuck the good shit in the trash and end up choosing the same old crap. "Offering" healthier choices is no guarantee they will be chosen.

As for the program- as a pilot I think it's a good idea. The notion of "Government role in parenting" is a rediculous stretch.

If you read one of the imbedded links, there does appear to be an effort to modify school menus toward healthier balanced meals. Problem is, kids chuck the good shit in the trash and end up choosing the same old crap. "Offering" healthier choices is no guarantee they will be chosen.

As for the program- as a pilot I think it's a good idea. The notion of "Government role in parenting" is a rediculous stretch.

the kids in my classroom get pizza, chicken nuggets and fries every time.

Forget anything green

It would make you sick to see the food wasted, and now we have to FORCE fruits and vegetable on them or they will be charged more if they receive free or reduced meals..
we now call ourselves the food Nazis

Last edited:
Michelle Obama Continues to Increase the Government’s Role in Parenting

Why would she feel any need to do THAT?????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgB2CQxRvps]Alana Honey Boo Boo Girl And Her Go Go Juice!! !!HILARIOUS!! - YouTube[/ame]

I can't think of anything more horrible than trying to encourage kids to eat better. They should all be getting Chick-fil-A served at their schools.

Exactly.

The Chick-fil-A next door to the abortion clinic is usually where I eat. The screams of pain are a bit distracting but hey, one less mouth to feed can't be a bad thing. Can it?

I thought the goal of the US education system was to educate kids, not to feed them. Silly me.

Even the so-called "need based" free and reduced priced school lunches is kind of ridiculous since anybody that qualifies for those programs already qualifies for EBT and thus, is already getting government assistance to feed their children.
Can you say "double dipping"?

I thought the goal of the US education system was to educate kids, not to feed them. Silly me.

Even the so-called "need based" free and reduced priced school lunches is kind of ridiculous since anybody that qualifies for those programs already qualifies for EBT and thus, is already getting government assistance to feed their children.

our scholl district is providing free dental care in some cases

our scholl district is providing free dental care in some cases

I guess they want to make sure the poor kids have enough teeth to chew the free meals they are getting.

With every increasing dollar spent, they give up any pretense of actually educating.

links in article at site

SNIP:

Sasha and Malia apparently aren’t enough for Michelle Obama. She wants to mother our children, too. That’s the only conclusion that can be reached when observing the First Lady’s campaign to decrease parents’ role in raising their children.

Obama’s latest method of gaining more control is through school food nutrition standards. Noting that home-packed lunches aren’t up to the First Lady’s standards, the government is making school meals free for all, regardless of income, as part of a four-state pilot program that begins this fall.

Given our penchant for free stuff, parents will be walking right into the trap. But never fear, the media cheers. The Muskegon (Mich.) Chronicle reports:

“Muskegon parents can put the peanut butter back on the shelf and the bologna sandwiches back in the refrigerator, because this year breakfast and lunch will be served free to all student.’

More disturbing than the cost of this unnecessary program is the way Obama is further cutting parents out of the picture and hijacking their critical role. We constantly hear from bureaucrats and government school apologists who say parents aren’t involved enough. Their solution? Decrease parental responsibility even more. By encouraging free government lunches for all students, Michelle Obama is creating a situation that will increase government interference in family life and take a major responsibility away from parents.

all of it here

"We constantly hear from bureaucrats and government school apologists who say parents aren’t involved enough. Their solution? Decrease parental responsibility even more. By encouraging free government lunches for all students, Michelle Obama is creating a situation that will increase government interference in family life and take a major responsibility away from parents."

Give Obama another 4 years, and that "solution" will become a presidential decree in our government schools. But the thing is, most kids won't eat what they don't like regardless of how hungry they might be.

Last edited:

With every increasing dollar spent, they give up any pretense of actually educating.

if you are a teacher nowadays you are supposed to be the kids teacher, nurse, personal cheerleader, job coach, psychologist, parent, role model, bodyguard, snack provider.....

links in article at site

SNIP:

all of it here

I take it you're in favor of obese children getting type 2 diabetes. Show your patriotism and have another Chick-Fil-A and dangle that flab under your arms. To you, that would be the American thing to do.

links in article at site

SNIP:

all of it here

I take it you're in favor of obese children getting type 2 diabetes. Show your patriotism and have another Chick-Fil-A and dangle that flab under your arms. To you, that would be the American thing to do.

Do you play any other roles???

You wore the drama queen out...............

Forum List

Back