Michelle Obama as Lady Liberty? You have got to be joking...

I never pay more than spot for gold, no way I'll pay that kind of premium over melt value. A great coin investment are 1700's American large cents which have out performed the stock market. I own several plus earlier state large cents commonly referred to as Colonials. High on my want list now is a California gold piece, just because I want one.

I never pay more than spot for gold, no way I'll pay that kind of premium over melt value. A great coin investment are 1700's American large cents which have out performed the stock market. I own several plus earlier state large cents commonly referred to as Colonials. High on my want list now is a California gold piece, just because I want one.
I hear you but the numismatic value far outpaces the spot gold value for American coinage more than 50% of the time.....this should be one of those times....

I hear you but the numismatic value far outpaces the spot gold value for American coinage more than 50% of the time.....this should be one of those times....

I acquire most of my gold and silver for free...pounds of the stuff. That's why I will rarely even pay spot price for gold and never for silver, I get all the gold and silver I want for free. Also diamonds, emeralds, rubies, platinum :badgrin:

I acquire most of my gold and silver for free...pounds of the stuff. That's why I will rarely even pay spot price for gold and never for silver, I get all the gold and silver I want for free. Also diamonds, emeralds, rubies, platinum :badgrin:
I'm not that lucky....:lol:

"The Statue of Liberty, the most famous symbolic statue of a woman, was modeled after Marie Bartholdi, the sculptor's mother." "Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi knew he wanted to build a giant copper goddess; he used his mother as the model."
She's become symbolic of American freedom and welcome to all, so it's not as if she HAS to be white. She's like God or Santa Claus--whatever you imagine her to be.

C2EPldEUkAAA1V8.jpg

There is something wrong with these people, this is a joke. It has to be.

It's fitting the image looks like a slave
Or a very angry black woman.

Oh that can't be Michelle. The queen above has had his brow ridge shaved.

Maybe Michelle's going to have that done once they vacate...
You certainly show your envy and jealousy...

C2EPldEUkAAA1V8.jpg

There is something wrong with these people, this is a joke. It has to be.
I would have no problem with an accomplished black individual being on a coin, however, the Statue of Liberty is clearly a white female and thus should not be altered to something else. The bust of someone like Martin Luther King would be okay. The main thing is that the coin is spendable.
One thing you loons do not know is in the world of us coin collectors, changing the coin makes the other coins from the past more valuable...It doesn't matter if the creature from the Black Lagoon was on it..

I can't wait until Michelle Obama has her own coin

It is well deserved

The West Point mint will produce 100,000 gold coins — more than is typical for this sort of commemorative coin. Not sure of the cost just yet....probably 2,000$ a pop....
I hope frumpy is donating all his gold to be melted down for something like this,... Oh wait that's too thoughtful to be something that Trump does.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The West Point mint will produce 100,000 gold coins — more than is typical for this sort of commemorative coin. Not sure of the cost just yet....probably 2,000$ a pop....
I hope frumpy is donating all his gold to be melted down for something like this,... Oh wait that's too thoughtful to be something that Trump does.

Trump is donating all the foreign profits from his hotels to the treasury....so, yes he is....

Isn't the coin awesome!! It's going to be great seeing Trump roll it out!!!!

I think it's fantastic we highlight a black woman on our coinage as a reminder to democrats we freed their slaves, and that we will never let them enslave blacks again....Liberty and Justice for all from democrats....

I have my order in for several....

View attachment 106753

What about this one? :popcorn:

f26dfb17daab51a9a9b8f6876ac12e702e97411f.jpg
Didn't democrats lynch her?

They could have considering the KKK were the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party.
I'm pretty sure the KKK is hyper-conservative becaus why would dems fight For equality and KKK want to make blacks second class citizens. T

The very concept of the KKK being a Dem faction is ridiculous and quite a conflict of of interest between the two.

I think it's fantastic we highlight a black woman on our coinage as a reminder to democrats we freed their slaves, and that we will never let them enslave blacks again....Liberty and Justice for all from democrats....

I have my order in for several....

View attachment 106753

What about this one? :popcorn:

f26dfb17daab51a9a9b8f6876ac12e702e97411f.jpg
Didn't democrats lynch her?

They could have considering the KKK were the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party.
I'm pretty sure the KKK is hyper-conservative becaus why would dems fight For equality and KKK want to make blacks second class citizens. T

The very concept of the KKK being a Dem faction is ridiculous and quite a conflict of of interest between the two.

I agree...I am sure the democrats kkk hates the coin.....

Forum List

Back