Michelle Bachmann on $2 gal gas

Because of Obama energy policy the price is still nearly $1 more than necessary.
I'm not sure what the point of the thread is other than the elements at play that have brought oil prices down are the same elements Bachmann alluded to -- in SPITE of Obama.
Obama is the worst economy president in history and relies on Gruberites not unlike the OP in order to hide that failure.

I didn't know there was such thing as an "economy" president. As far as an economy being in the tank, the worst was bush considering what was happening when he left office after eight years.

Yeah, right.

Democraps encouraged a bad economy before it became one. When unemployment was lower than it is now they said the economy was terrible. Later they claimed low gas prices was an indication of a weak economy.

Because of Obama energy policy the price is still nearly $1 more than necessary.
I'm not sure what the point of the thread is other than the elements at play that have brought oil prices down are the same elements Bachmann alluded to -- in SPITE of Obama.
Obama is the worst economy president in history and relies on Gruberites not unlike the OP in order to hide that failure.

I didn't know there was such thing as an "economy" president. As far as an economy being in the tank, the worst was bush considering what was happening when he left office after eight years.

Yeah, right.

Democraps encouraged a bad economy before it became one. When unemployment was lower than it is now they said the economy was terrible. Later they claimed low gas prices was an indication of a weak economy.
The logic of a bad economy being the cause of low gas prices means the prices should have stayed low during the entirety of obama's reign. But I know better than to expect democrats to apply logic.

I don't see how a community organizer is giving us $2 gas

I'm sure he's thinking up new scams to reverse his bad fortune and continue the necessarily skyrocketing prices he promised.

Really? Oh, if that's the case, what was Bush's excuse?

Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

View attachment 35852

How does that explain the even higher prices of gas in August, 2008 and the steady climb from 2004 until the Stock Market crash of 2008?

Righties just have no grasp on statistics at all. Information is apparently your enemy.
You have no memory and/or have been duped by lefty media.
The rise in prices between 2001 and 2008 was a result of the expansion of the Indian and Chinese economies and their subsequent energy buying power. That put the squeeze on supply. Our drilling restrictions prohibited the US from adding to the global supply in order to help reduce the price of oil. A democrat congress's stubbornness made this most acute when prices reached $3-4/gallon. Bush's reversal of an EO combined with Congress's relenting on lifting the restrictions at the end of Sept 2008 resulted in the potential for significant supply enhancement and the price dropped like a rock. $1.35 on Jan 11, 2009 after $4+ in July 2008. At that point in Jan 2009, obama began his pronouncements of reimposing drilling restrictions in the name of looking to wind and wave energy sources and Salazar officially scrapped Bush's extensive offshore and fed land drilling plans. The price of oil and gas immediately began to rise. By the weekend after the hack's inauguration the price of gas, Jan 23, was already up to $1.79. And it kept rising and stayed up until this summer.

Ahhh, so, nothing that Bush ever did had to do with gas prices, amirite?

Interesting...

I'm no fan of Obama but I'm also no fan of stupidity.
Obama inherited one of the worse economies in this country's history. The recession officially started in December 2007 and hadn't peaked until a few months after he took office. Most economist predicted it would take years to recover. The tiny recession of 2001 didn't correct itself until 2004.
Now.
People actually think a president can control the price of gas?????? Gas prices approached $4 under a oilman president!
How stupid can people get?
Seriously, how stupid can people get?

Can we be honest here?

Republicans never would have tolerated $2 a gallon gas........no money to be made for their big oil overlords

Thank god for Obamagas

Can we be honest here?

Republicans never would have tolerated $2 a gallon gas........no money to be made for their big oil overlords

Thank god for Obamagas

Let's be honest here: Republicans don't want anything to work as long as that black man is in the White House.
If gas were at $3 dollars and it were Romney right now as president (ok, I almost choked on that one), then Righties would be singing hymns of praise like choirs of angels.

Can we be honest here?

Thank god for Obamagas

Let's be honest here: Republicans don't want anything to work as long as that black man is in the White House.
If gas were at $3 dollars and it were Romney right now as president (ok, I almost choked on that one), then Righties would be singing hymns of praise like choirs of angels.

Very true

But Romney never could have gotten us the prices we pay for Obamagas

Big Oil would not have let him

Forum List

Back