Federal Agencies to be Required to Justify Rule-Making

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
H.R. 185 – Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015 has passed the House and been sent to the Senate.

This is an effort to restrain government agencies from enacting rules that would cost taxpayers in excess of $100 million, a major increase in cost or prices, or significant adverse effects on competition, employment, investment, productivity, innovation, or ability to compete) or guidance that involves a novel legal or policy issue arising out of statutory mandates.

Govttrack.us says it only has a 15% chance of passage. Why? The site doesn't say but it seems to me it's worth an email to your senator. [I've emailed mine]

H.R. 185 – Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015 has passed the House and been sent to the Senate.

This is an effort to restrain government agencies from enacting rules that would cost taxpayers in excess of $100 million, a major increase in cost or prices, or significant adverse effects on competition, employment, investment, productivity, innovation, or ability to compete) or guidance that involves a novel legal or policy issue arising out of statutory mandates.

Govttrack.us says it only has a 15% chance of passage. Why? The site doesn't say but it seems to me it's worth an email to your senator. [I've emailed mine]

Dear longknife, a member on another forum suggested a bill/rule that should have been in place to avoid the Obamacare disaster. The suggestion was a rule that Congress must first VOTE on the CONSTITUTIONALITY of a bill BEFORE it is passed and not wait until it is passed to go to court to argue that. It should be agreed up front, and/or remove the offending parts that would make it unconstitutional, and just keep the parts that are agreed as constitutional.

That makes sense to me.

Instead of this "regulatory" act trying to regulate WHAT the regulations on regulations should be.
can it just be a simple condition that it must pass a vote on *Constitutionality.* So it could be passed or rejected
on any NUMBER of reasons, and not try to specify what those terms are.

Forum List

Back