Michelle Bachmann on $2 gal gas

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Michele Bachmann Humiliates the Liberal Media by Posing for Pic With THIS Sign [PHOTO]

Sunday, January 4th, 2015

Outgoing Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann spent eight years in the lower chamber, which included a run at the presidency. During that time, her liberal critics unceasingly and unfailingly tried to paint her as being so out of touch with reality as to be borderline psychotic.

However, as the Obama administration has shown its true colors, Rep. Bachmann has more or less been proven correct. Now, as she exits the House of Representatives, she was able to silence some of her most virulent critics with one photo.

During Bachmann’s 2012 run at the presidency, one of her campaign pledges was to stabilize the price of gas at two dollars a gallon.

“Under President Bachmann, you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again. That will happen,” she said at the time.

The promise was met with widespread derision amongst the liberal press, who did everything short of suggesting her institutionalization.
“On Wednesday Michele Bachmann said something that’s just very, very wrong,” Time senior writer and energy expert Bryan Walsh wrote of Bachmann’s promise. “Which isn’t unusual in and of itself but is something that needs to be debunked.” (H/T WND.)

“If you see sub-$2-a-gallon gas again, I strongly suggest that you stock up on bottled water and canned tuna, because the economic end times may be at hand,” he concluded.

Well, better get down to Target to start clearing out stocks of Chicken of the Sea and Poland Spring:

bachmanntweet.jpg

Should have put this in humor except she really did say it.

S'pose we could get her to run again? Actually, I wondered if her quitting was in preparation for just that.

Read the rest at the link.

Taking Bachman seriously is like taking Sarah Palin, Al Sharpton and SJ seriously...it only defines you as an idiot.

So what's her point, "I was right about gas, but wrong about Obama"? Is she taking credit for lower prices by merely running or has she seen the light and changed her registration to D? I really don't get what her point is. :eusa_eh:

When gas is 50 cents per gallon then I will listen. I would love to see the price of oil drop to 2 dollars per barrel just to see what would happen.

When gas is 50 cents per gallon then I will listen. I would love to see the price of oil drop to 2 dollars per barrel just to see what would happen.
Keep in mind the the price includes up to 50 cents/gallon in taxes.
And another $.50+ in profit gouging which is why the price right now is still over $2 when it should be $1.50.

Because of Obama energy policy the price is still nearly $1 more than necessary.
I'm not sure what the point of the thread is other than the elements at play that have brought oil prices down are the same elements Bachmann alluded to -- in SPITE of Obama.
Obama is the worst economy president in history and relies on Gruberites not unlike the OP in order to hide that failure.

Because of Obama energy policy the price is still nearly $1 more than necessary.
I'm not sure what the point of the thread is other than the elements at play that have brought oil prices down are the same elements Bachmann alluded to -- in SPITE of Obama.
Obama is the worst economy president in history and relies on Gruberites not unlike the OP in order to hide that failure.

I didn't know there was such thing as an "economy" president. As far as an economy being in the tank, the worst was bush considering what was happening when he left office after eight years.

I didn't know there was such thing as an "economy" president. As far as an economy being in the tank, the worst was bush considering what was happening when he left office after eight years.
'Economy president' is a descriptive. The effect a president has on the economy. Like a 'war president' or a 'domestic issues president', etc. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you understand that and were just being obtuse.
When Bush left office, thanks to plans he had drafted for major offshore drilling, etc., the result of drilling bans having been lifted the previous September, the price of gasoline was $1.35. The impact that could have had on the economy in general would have resulted in a boon. Obama's reversal and reimplementation of those drilling bans caused prices to rise and stay up from the outset and for the duration of his reign, resulting in the lousy economy we've had for the duration of his reign.

Time to go back in time:

Bachmann I ll bring back 2 gas - Aug. 18 2011

President Michele Bachmann has a promise: $2 gas.

"Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again," Bachmann told a crowd Tuesday in South Carolina. "That will happen."

Sure, politicians promise all kinds of things on the campaign trail. But Bachmann, a leading contender for the 2012 Republican nomination, is wading into truly tricky territory.

The price Americans pay at the pump is tied to the crude oil market -- a global system largely beyond the reach of Washington.

It's certainly true that prices -- now about $3.50 a gallon on average -- have risen since President Obama took office.

"The day that the president became president gasoline was $1.79 a gallon," Bachmann said. "Look what it is today."

Of course, that's not the full story.

When Obama took office, the country was mired in a terrible economic contraction.

Bachmann promised. Obama delivered.

:thup:

Really? Oh, if that's the case, what was Bush's excuse?

Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

Gas  prices 2004-2015.png

How does that explain the even higher prices of gas in August, 2008 and the steady climb from 2004 until the Stock Market crash of 2008?

Righties just have no grasp on statistics at all. Information is apparently your enemy.

If Venezula can sell their gas for 3 cents a liter, then obviously even $2/gal is mostly the result of taxes. Want cheaper gas, eliminate some of the taxes.

View attachment 35852

How does that explain the even higher prices of gas in August, 2008 and the steady climb from 2004 until the Stock Market crash of 2008?

Righties just have no grasp on statistics at all. Information is apparently your enemy.

To be fair, it's not accurate to claim that this is all either Bachmann or Obama's doing. A big part of the drop in gas prices is due to multiple issues. First, the Chinese economy has slowed down (the booming Chinese economy was responsible for a lot of the price increase because they were consuming a great amount of fuel). Second, when gas prices went higher, usage by Americans also went down. Prices of petroleum are driven by multiple factors which include supply and demand. Third, increased American production, which in all honesty, Bush set in motion.

If Venezula can sell their gas for 3 cents a liter, then obviously even $2/gal is mostly the result of taxes. Want cheaper gas, eliminate some of the taxes.
Actually, petroleum products are heavily subsidized. They would be more expensive in the U.S. if they weren't. And, taxes from petroleum products typically are used to maintain transportation infrastructure, such as freeways. If you can think of a better way to fund this, I'm sure people would be open to it. But, there is a direct correlation between purchases of petroleum and use of transportation infrastructure, which is why they are connected.

The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes
Fossil Fuel Subsidies Overview - Oil Change InternationalOil Change International
Triumph of the Drill How Big Oil Clings to Billions in Government Giveaways Mother Jones

View attachment 35852

You have no memory and/or have been duped by lefty media.
The rise in prices between 2001 and 2008 was a result of the expansion of the Indian and Chinese economies and their subsequent energy buying power. That put the squeeze on supply. Our drilling restrictions prohibited the US from adding to the global supply in order to help reduce the price of oil. A democrat congress's stubbornness made this most acute when prices reached $3-4/gallon. Bush's reversal of an EO combined with Congress's relenting on lifting the restrictions at the end of Sept 2008 resulted in the potential for significant supply enhancement and the price dropped like a rock. $1.35 on Jan 11, 2009 after $4+ in July 2008. At that point in Jan 2009, obama began his pronouncements of reimposing drilling restrictions in the name of looking to wind and wave energy sources and Salazar officially scrapped Bush's extensive offshore and fed land drilling plans. The price of oil and gas immediately began to rise. By the weekend after the hack's inauguration the price of gas, Jan 23, was already up to $1.79. And it kept rising and stayed up until this summer.

Time to go back in time:

Bachmann I ll bring back 2 gas - Aug. 18 2011

President Michele Bachmann has a promise: $2 gas.

"Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again," Bachmann told a crowd Tuesday in South Carolina. "That will happen."

Sure, politicians promise all kinds of things on the campaign trail. But Bachmann, a leading contender for the 2012 Republican nomination, is wading into truly tricky territory.

The price Americans pay at the pump is tied to the crude oil market -- a global system largely beyond the reach of Washington.

It's certainly true that prices -- now about $3.50 a gallon on average -- have risen since President Obama took office.

"The day that the president became president gasoline was $1.79 a gallon," Bachmann said. "Look what it is today."

Of course, that's not the full story.

When Obama took office, the country was mired in a terrible economic contraction.

Bachmann promised. Obama delivered.

:thup:
Obama delivered nothing but obstacles. With obama out of the way the price would likely be below $1 right now.
Your president hero has cost you and millions of us thousands of dollars annually for six years running.

Forum List

Back