Miami-Dade Voters Overwhelmingly Choose to Remove Mayor

The corrupt Politicians over-spend and put Cities & States in Debt but then try to punish the Taxpayer by jacking their Taxes. That's exactly what Alvarez tried to do. It's great to see a City rising up and getting rid of their trash. Property Taxes are out of control in most of South Florida right now. People just can't afford these kinds of Tax-Hikes. A quiet Rebellion is taking place all across this Nation. I expect to see more of this stuff.

2.5 million people, ever to recall a local official. Just 12 percent of the 204,500 who cast ballots

Yes when you can create a meanness you can get people organized can't you. less than 10% of the population took part in a recall. Spend enough money and have a message that resonates with the hate that people have been instilled with and this what can happen, but it can go both ways.

from what i have just read about him, he seemed like a reasonable guy...a reasonable, clean politician....and yes, I know he is a Republican...at least that is what i just read....but some of his other positions and the stances he took on them, seemed reasonable....not necessarily the increase in pay for gvt employees

I've re read the piece about two times. Would you please point out where it said he was a Republican. I couldn't find the word Republican or Democrat anywhere in the entire article. Thanks in advance.

Good. That Republican needed to go :mad: :D

YES WE ARE T "You wouldn't belive the millions of us that hold to the same truth. we are WAY overtaxed."

and some of them are way under taxed and crooked as hell. they didn't get filty rich and own everything because they are being overtaxed, DID THEY.

Last edited:
You can only fuck the Taxpayer for so long before they rise up and boot your ass. This idiot spent Miami-Dade into Debt Hell and then tried to rape the Taxpayer to pay for his malfeasance. Now he's gone. Kudos to Miami-Dade. Fuck him.

from what i have just read about him, he seemed like a reasonable guy...a reasonable, clean politician....and yes, I know he is a Republican...at least that is what i just read....but some of his other positions and the stances he took on them, seemed reasonable....not necessarily the increase in pay for gvt employees
An NFL Coach can win the SuperBowl multiple times during his long career. But if he has a losing record this year, he's always in danger of losing his job.

It's the same in politics.

I know. Even though Bush 41 won 5 or 6 Superbowls, he lost his reelection in 1992.:(

Yes for a republican to be decent enough to be gotten after by another republican (of course he was a billionaire) is about all that needs to be said about what you can do if you have money.

What would be funny is if the guy would sign up to run for the office and the rest of the voter showed up and he gets re-elected. RFLOL, would that be funny.

You can only fuck the Taxpayer for so long before they rise up and boot your ass. This idiot spent Miami-Dade into Debt Hell and then tried to rape the Taxpayer to pay for his malfeasance. Now he's gone. Kudos to Miami-Dade. Fuck him.

You really can't read can you, or understand.

The truth is there are many millions of empty Nester's who are now finding out that they don't like paying for the things that other tax payers along with them had to pay for in the past. They now think it's unfair the cost of running the govts of towns and states as the tax cost are being pushed onto those middle income and retirees.

The States are cutting what they provide to the towns and then the towns are forced to either cut people or cut the things they provide to the people.

But now we think that YES WE NEED WHAT WE HAVE, we just don't want to pay so much for it. So don't raise my taxes, cut someones pay.

Being an empty nester myself I don't like the idea of paying so much to keep schools open or libaries open and the roads don't need to be plowed so fast because I don't go out in bad weather.

The wars and all this giving aid to countries I could give a shit about is stupid to me. Giving tax cuts to billionaires when I have to pay more is sort of like forcing me eat mac and cheese instead of hamburger while they fly around the world in their super jets eating 200 meals and staying in 1000.00 rooms on the extra tax cuts they receive.

But then I remember all those old people and middle class people help to paid the cost when I had kids and went to work.

When you got a single person who can obtain 22 billion, and make 5 billion in one year while the rest of us are hurting I got to think that YES THE RICH ARE GETTING A PRETTY DAM GOOD DEAL.

Forum List

Back