Mi Reps want to get rid of state and city taxes.

No, I am very happy to pay our own and our city tax. Why do the Pubs do this? they are not giving or caring people. I have become very convinced of that. They will kick a homeless person than feed one.

Their pretense they care for the homeless vets is probably just a lie, they have had plenty of time to do something, but almost half of the homeless vets are African American and Hispanics, and they do not care.

In Mi there is shortage of subsidized housing for the disable, lower call and seniors and they want to cut taxes. Are they crazy!!

I don't think the bills will eliminate revenue for the state. It will just be shifted to sales and use taxes I presume. Since those who consume more would pay more it seems to be a more progressive tax with no special deductions or credits to specific people.

Subsidized housing for the poor, veterans programs and seniors are for the most part federal programs, so I would not suspect any problems there.

No on paying mine? :( :lol:

No they aren't.

They aren't what? Federally funded? Absolutely are funded by the feds (HUD) and administered through Michigan agencies.
Yes they are subsidized by the Fed gov and state as well. The Fed allots so much money then state kicks in. The Fed money has caps. That is why many states have few social programs.

Yes they are subsidized by the Fed gov and state as well. The Fed allots so much money then state kicks in. The Fed money has caps. That is why many states have few social programs.

That makes sense. I think the idea behind no income tax is working people hold on to some income. Most working people are poor or middle class for the most part. Then there is a second part where sales and use tax are increased to fill the void created by the loss in income tax revenue.

That makes sense. I think the idea behind no income tax is working people hold on to some income. Most working people are poor or middle class for the most part. Then there is a second part where sales and use tax are increased to fill the void created by the loss in income tax revenue.

Nope, income tax is paid according to income, the only one it will help is the wealthy. If the pubs want it, its not good for the working man.

Nope, income tax is paid according to income, the only one it will help is the wealthy. If the pubs want it, its not good for the working man.

Patently false. There are next to no deductions favoring the wealthy on a Michigan Tax Return. Sales tax is obviously paid by people purchasing goods and services. A person with more money can buy more goods and services.

You are a fucking moron.

I suspected it before, but now I know it, and onto ignore you go.

Ignore these fucking idiots, we shouldn't click on their posts.

You are a fucking moron.

I understand the truth hurts. But its true, if the Pubs want it , its bad for the working man.

Patently false. There are next to no deductions favoring the wealthy on a Michigan Tax Return. Sales tax is obviously paid by people purchasing goods and services. A person with more money can buy more goods and services.

WE have a state income tax of 4.25%, you pay depending on your income and deducts. The poor will have to pay more for toilet paper, etcs. Its not good for the working poor or poor. Do you do your own taxes?

Last edited:

You are a fucking moron.

Read and weep , moron.
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-with-no-income-tax-better-or-worse-1.aspx

typically don't have that Robin Hood-like characteristic.

Sales taxes, for example, are considered "regressive." They don't change depending on the income level of the consumer. They treat everyone the same. So do levies on food, gasoline and other key consumable items.

These taxes place an unfair burden on the poor, Columbia's Skinner says. The reason is the lowest earners in the state devote the lion's share of their take-home pay to buying things that are subject to sales taxes. The wealthy, who are able to sock away a chunk of their income in their 401(k)s and other investments, have a much smaller exposure to the sales tax.

"So the bite is proportionally larger for the poor than it is for higher earners," he says. "Especially for states that tax food and essentials like that."

Altogether, states with no income tax tend to place a disproportionately high tax burden on the poor. Five of the no-income-tax states -- Florida, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Tennessee -- are ranked in ITEP's "Terrible 10" list for unfair taxing.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-with-no-income-tax-better-or-worse-1.aspx#ixzz4VfVWGloj
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

Forum List

Back