Mexico starts Blackmail towards USA

IMO - we REALLY need to worry about the Canadian border just as much...

Gunny, you make some outstanding points. Hispanics traditionally have never flocked to the voting booths (only 20 percent or so in the last election), but that doesn't mean they won't. Latino voting strength swung the recent election for mayor of Los Angeles. It also played a crucial role in the California recall election.

The absolute worst part of border security is that they are NOT trained to look for terrorists. They are looking for drug smugglers. Sure, they would stop a suspicious looking person of Middle Eastern heritage. But that is not going to happen.
I have no doubt that terrorists are negotiating with the drug cartels right now. We'll help you smuggle in drugs if you carry some of our weapons to operatives already in the U.S. No one is going to cross the border wearing a T-shirt that says "Arab terrorist."

Mexico is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. It is run by the wealthy 10 percent and the drug lords. The Mexican government does not wish to change this. They are making out like bandits. They don't have to provide jobs or benefits for their own people. Those without jobs are either encouraged to cross the border and bring their money home, or exist on graft and bribes.

The U.S. government (under both parties) has consistently close its eyes and hoped the problem will go away. It won't. There are millions of Mexican immigrants who are in this country legally. They have very few marketable skills. And they are steadily losing their jobs to illegals who are willing to work for half as much, since they don't have to live here or pay taxes.

And anyone who thinks I am racist can come to my house for Christmas. :D

GunnyL said:
LOL ...I've been WAITING to get called a racist for my remarks, when I'm nothing of the sort. But I have to call them as I see them. If it was white people from Canada behaving in like manner, I'd feel the same.

As I said, it isn't just Bush. It's been every President at least in my memory, probably farther back than that. Illegals never posed the threat to our social infrastructure they do now.

Not to mention AQ could march across out Southewestern border in force and we'd probably never know until they struck.

Oh I wasn't calling you a racist, I was simply saying the pc crowd always falls back on that argument when they have nothing else in their arsenal. I agree now more than ever we need to shut the borders down period. If I lived South I would ceretanily be volunteering my time to watch the border.

All I can say on the border issue is it looks like supply and demand is finally taking effect. First illegal immigrants came and we American said this is good we can get someone to work for cheep. So with out questioning it we accepted as something good.

So what happened next Mexicans and other Latin American took notice, more illegal started crossing, we also allowed more legal immigrants to come. Mexican presidents Fox was elected because he said it would convince the US to make Mexican immigration easier. President Bush has all but granted amnesty to the illegal immigrants currently living here, if it wasn’t for some in the republican party worried about a significant political back lass from white it would be a done deal.

As Gabby and other have said I have also seen some evidence of Mexican American beginning to turn against illegal immigration. It was destined to happen, we created a situation in which Mexico was looking to the US to save there over population problem, but the US was bound to run out of opportunities for them all. I have seen pro immigrant liberal’s brag about the benefits of immigration and even making excuses for illegal immigrations.

I even heard them say it was a net benefit for all American but the poor. But if the democrats care more about illegal immigrants than they do about poor American, then who is in support of the poor. I know business and republicans tend to like cheap labor, but democrats say they are ‘for the people’, what people are they really for then.

Isaac Brock said:
Why would you think that?

Because Canada has some of the most liberal immigration policies going.... a terrorist's magnet...

I think we have reasons to fear Canada. They could easily smuggle in powerful bombs disguised as hockey pucks. We would never know it!

Also, I hear Canadian scientists are working on a plan to clone Celine Dion. We would all be bored into submission.

Plus, part of Canada is French!! :fu2:

Gabriella84 said:
I think we have reasons to fear Canada. They could easily smuggle in powerful bombs disguised as hockey pucks. We would never know it!

Also, I hear Canadian scientists are working on a plan to clone Celine Dion. We would all be bored into submission.

Plus, part of Canada is French!! :fu2:

yea what she said...... i once saw a guy at a hockey ganme get hit in the head with a hockey puck and no one helped him......as for celine dion she has to be a right wing plant cuz she sucks......the fench are cool the way they hate us...:bye1:

-Cp said:
Because Canada has some of the most liberal immigration policies going.... a terrorist's magnet...

If that is so, which I would tend to agree with you, why is it that Canada seems less likely as a terrorist target? You can only secure your borders so much. The United States is a huge country, almost as big as my own, with seas bounded on two sides. If a determined terrorist wants into either of our countries, nothing short of well defended circumfrenced fence will keep the terrorists away.

Unfortunately, where there is a will, there is a way.

I think we should just grant them anmesty by annexing Mexico. That way they wont have to immigrate to get to the US. Our southern border will be alot shorter and managable. We can open alot of investment opportunities and the increase labor and opportunities should expand the economy. And then immigration can focus on terrorists rather than mexicans. Problem solved.

GunnyL said:
There's more to it than money though. Neither side wants to alienate the Hispanic vote. While not huge in its own right, they are still powerful enough to swing an election as close as the last two have been.

You know I've never understood this line of reasoning. Illegal immigrants can't vote. How the heck is it going to help you get the hispanic vote to not stop illegal immigration? The ones here legally don't like illegal immigration any more than the rest of us.

You know I've never understood this line of reasoning. Illegal immigrants can't vote. How the heck is it going to help you get the hispanic vote to not stop illegal immigration? The ones here legally don't like illegal immigration any more than the rest of us.

Politicians aren't so much worried about pissing off the illegals as they are the legal ones who want their illegal families here as well....

-Cp said:
Politicians aren't so much worried about pissing off the illegals as they are the legal ones who want their illegal families here as well....

Not to mention keeping the cost of fruits and veggies low. For those that can afford the luxuries, lawn care and housekeeping too.

Guess what, none of it's worth it. Let them pay minimum wage, no matter how onerous and taxes too. Work to get those changed, if that is what you think should be done.

Isaac Brock said:
If that is so, which I would tend to agree with you, why is it that Canada seems less likely as a terrorist target? You can only secure your borders so much. The United States is a huge country, almost as big as my own, with seas bounded on two sides. If a determined terrorist wants into either of our countries, nothing short of well defended circumfrenced fence will keep the terrorists away.

Unfortunately, where there is a will, there is a way.
Maybe the terrorist don't want to ruin a good thing. Canada is a great jumping off point to bomb the USA. The "don't shit in your own backyard" rule...

freeandfun1 said:
Maybe the terrorist don't want to ruin a good thing. Canada is a great jumping off point to bomb the USA. The "don't shit in your own backyard" rule...

My point is that, the US, is just as good as a jumping off point as say Canada or Mexico to terrorize the US as was so painfully shown on 9/11. A detemined foe will always find his way through his enemies' defenses.

-Cp said:
IMO - we REALLY need to worry about the Canadian border just as much...

I live in Texas. Naturally, local politics and living in a city that is 50% Hispanic is going to tempt me to focus more on that issue as it DIRECTLY affects me.

However, I agree with you that we need to focus on all borders equally.

Bonnie said:
Oh I wasn't calling you a racist, I was simply saying the pc crowd always falls back on that argument when they have nothing else in their arsenal. I agree now more than ever we need to shut the borders down period. If I lived South I would ceretanily be volunteering my time to watch the border.

No problem. I didn't think you were. Your comment on the pc crowd brought that to mind. Anytime anyone makes a statement that focuses on one group of people, someone always comes out and makes the accusation as a deflective counterattack.

The statement was in general thoug, not an accusation. You should know by now that if I was making an accusation, I can do MUCH better than that. ;)

GunnyL said:
No problem. I didn't think you were. Your comment on the pc crowd brought that to mind. Anytime anyone makes a statement that focuses on one group of people, someone always comes out and makes the accusation as a deflective counterattack.

The statement was in general thoug, not an accusation. You should know by now that if I was making an accusation, I can do MUCH better than that. ;)

indeed :)

Illegals cannot vote. However, the Hispanics who are legal immigrants and second-generation Americans who still have relatives in Mexico CAN. With a blind eye toward they as taxpayers footing part of the bill, they vote against anything that would clamp down on their relatives' abilities to get over here by whatever means.

You will find that those here legally that are against illegal immigration are usually Hispanic families who have been US citizens for several or more generations, and are not immigrants at all; rather, native born Hispanic Americans.

GotZoom said:
It's like an old joke Steve Martin used to tell.

You know the best way to stop people from parking illegally?

The death penalty.

I say we start shooting anyone who crosses the border into the United States illegally.

Now, before anyone gets their panties in a wad. Trust me, it wouldn't take long for the crossings to stop. Once everyone saw that we were serious, they wouldn't chance it.

Drives me crazy to know that terrorist's are entering our border's and nothing is done. You may be on to something!

Forum List

Back