Mexico City 7.1 Earthquake

ON THE FIRST YEAR OF TRUMP, THE TRUE LORD SENT TO ME.....6 HURRICANES AND STILL COUNTING, FLOODING AND DESTRUCTION STILL MOUNTING, 2 EARTH QUAKES IN MEXICO AND TRUMP SOON TO START ANOTHER WORLD WAR 3.....OH AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!!

ACK!! How dare you put that song in my head. I hate that song! Now it will be stuck in there forever.
Just worry about your impending doom..

Earthquakes in diverse places. Wars and Rumors of Wars.
Men Loving Lies and Hating The Truth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ who knows as no man knows the time and the date eh OTree ???
We may not know the day and the hour, but the signs were given, so that the time period may be recognized... is my understanding....?
--------------------------------------------------------- yeah , only thing though is that the signs have been happening all through history if i am not mistaken C4All !!
All the earthquakes including the great one, and some mountains and islands disappearing, and wars and rumors of wars, and even the Jews return to Israel, means naught...nothing!

Nothing is going to happen until the Temple is rebuilt and there is a 7 year peace agreement brokered in the middle east between Israel and foe, which will be broken at 3.5 years IF, a big IF, I understand it correctly.........?

Didn't Mexico have a big earthquake during Harvey or right afterwards that got no attention?

ON THE FIRST YEAR OF TRUMP, THE TRUE LORD SENT TO ME.....6 HURRICANES AND STILL COUNTING, FLOODING AND DESTRUCTION STILL MOUNTING, 2 EARTH QUAKES IN MEXICO AND TRUMP SOON TO START ANOTHER WORLD WAR 3.....OH AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!!

ACK!! How dare you put that song in my head. I hate that song! Now it will be stuck in there forever.

I love it-----especially the SWEEPING------FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS !!!!!!!!!! ---could be-----FIIIIIVE KILLER FLOOOOODS
I like

View attachment 150129

Significant Last 30 days.

Latest Earthquakes

California is too quiet. Yikes!
View attachment 150134

Its actually been fairly steady..
If it's not a 6, it ain't no earthquake
The little to moderate quakes allow slow movement. The big ones are the ones where massive movement is the issue, all at once. I'd rather have a whole bunch of little ones and skip the big ones..

View attachment 150129

Latest Earthquakes

View attachment 150134

The little to moderate quakes allow slow movement. The big ones are the ones where massive movement is the issue, all at once. I'd rather have a whole bunch of little ones and skip the big ones..
FICTION: You can prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by “lubricating” the fault with water.
Seismologists have observed that for every magnitude 6 earthquake there are about 10 of magnitude 5, 100 of magnitude 4, 1,000 of magnitude 3, and so forth as the events get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a lot of small earthquakes, but there are never enough small ones to eliminate the occasional large event. It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, OR 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are far too few to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake.

As for “lubricating” faults with water or some other substance, if anything, this would have the opposite effect. Injecting high-pressure fluids deep into the ground is known to be able to trigger earthquakes—to cause them to occur sooner than would have been the case without the injection. This would be a dangerous pursuit in any populated area, as one might trigger a damaging earthquake.

Earthquake Facts & Earthquake Fantasy ~ USGS

If faults were linear, you would have a point, but they are not. More like zig-zags. It takes a big one to release the stress at bottlenecks.

upload_2017-9-19_13-42-46.png

Videos, Photos: Mexico Devastated by 7.1 Magnitude Earthquake

7.1 magnitude quake kills 44 as buildings collapse in Mexico

The new quake appears to be unrelated to the magnitude 8.1 temblor that hit Sept. 7 off Mexico's southern coast and which also was felt strongly in the capital.

U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Paul Earle noted that the epicenters of the two quakes are 400 miles (650 kilometers) apart and most aftershocks are within 100 kilometers.

7.1 magnitude quake kills 55 as buildings collapse in Mexico

That's natures advertisement for building codes...

Alaska and California have them; AK's "better off" because our big cities "danger buildings" pretty much got wiped out by '64 and the new ones are built to take a rocker - we pretty regularly have 6-7M's and don't even care up here, our codes are supposed to ride out 8Ms. CA, LA anyway, has building codes for up to 8M as well I believe... Just stay away from the historic areas or watch your head if you get caught there.

Death toll 60 then 62, we will not know for days. Relief is getting down already though.

View attachment 150129

Latest Earthquakes

View attachment 150134

I beg to differ:

"The 1957 San Francisco earthquake (also known as the Daly City earthquake of 1957) occurred on March 22 at 11:44:22 local time with a moment magnitude of 5.7 and a maximum Mercalli Intensity of VII (Very strong). The shock was located in Northern California in the vicinity of the San Andreas Fault. There was both a foreshock and aftershock sequence that lasted through the month of June. Damage was considered minimal, but financial losses amounted to around US$1 million."
1957 San Francisco earthquake - Wikipedia

At that moment I was taking a spelling test at the elementary school in the Sunset District of SF, only a few miles from the epicenter.

In 1989 I was parked in a 3/4 ton Dodge Van listening to the pregame before the world series (SF v. Oak) when the radio went to complete static. Almost immediately the doors to the hotel opened and people came running out. By then I had gotten out of the van an watched the waves moving across the runway at the local airport, and the light poles sway like palm trees in a hurricane. I was at 60 miles from the epicenter at Loma Prieta.

Now they are saying over a 100 dead. God Bless them all.

Forum List

Back