Mexican plant slaughters U.S. horses for human consumption.

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Wolfmoon, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Horse slaughter conditions in Mexico explored by AAEP group - March 1, 2009
    Debate over the practice continues in Congress

Excerpt:

The Department of Agriculture figures, close to 80,000 horses from the United States traveled to Mexico for slaughter. About 1,000 horses are processed a week. To get a better idea of how the Mexican horse slaughter industry operates, a delegation representing the American Association of Equine Practitioners arranged a tour of two Mexican slaughter facilities in the central Mexican city of Zacatecas. "All of the American horses arrive in sealed trailers," Dr. Lenz said, noting that the horses aren't unloaded or sold anywhere, but go straight from the border to the plant. The facility ships the meat to Japan and Europe for human consumption.

"If you look at it from the hard perspective of the meat industry, they're in the business to produce meat. They don't want an injured or down or stressed horse any more than they have to, because it affects the meat quality,"

—DR. TOM R. LENZ, FORMER AAEP PRESIDENT

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    I ate some horse once in Japan. It was very lean and kinda' tasteless, sorta like cows tongue but not as chewy.
    From the article:
    So what's the problem? :confused: