Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

Literally Hitler

March 11, 2015

Thanks Obama
e5084108.gif

WaPo article

LAREDO, Tex. — Last spring, as Central American children flooded into Texas in a way he had never seen in his three-decade career, Border Patrol agent Robert Harris decided to experiment.

His intelligence analysts estimated that 78 percent of the guides smuggling other migrants were Mexicans younger than 18 — teenagers often hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught — and he wanted to attack this loophole.

“Why don’t we remove these juveniles from the smuggling cycle?” Harris, the outgoing commander of the Laredo sector of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, recalled thinking.

Now, as a result of that decision, young Mexicans are being held for months without charge in shelters across the United States, sometimes without their parents’ knowledge.
So, what should we have done? I am getting tired of my cynicism on this issue, but it seemed like a reasonable path to follow.
The point of this thread is to demonstrate the selective outrage shown over this

I am very anxious to see what congress comes up with, what we are seeing today is not inhumane, except in the case of parents that are handing their kids over to smugglers

I want kids to be with their parents and I also want border integrity

From what I have seen lately, I do not believe the modern Democrat party will support anything that offers real border control

Thanks for your comment and question :beer:
Good thread, I wish I could offer a solution...

They may respect us as a people still, but they have no respect whatsoever for the corrupt administration that is in place, and the idiot that is currently playing president.
It's clear that you are eaten up by frustration and rage over Trump and his policies

To be fair, probably just like I was over Obama

But you are deceiving yourself if you don't think he is respected

The ONLY reason we got a deal with N Korea is because the Chinese participated in sanctions in a meaningful way. Why? Be a use of respect for Trump and a healthy amount of fear about what he might do

That's just one example
Frustration? Sure. Who isn't frustrated by this moron. You never know what or if anything to believe that comes out of this clown's mouth. He truly is a pathological liar. He changes his mind by the minute, depending on who is audience is.

Rage? No. But definitely sadness. Sad that the idiot is totally unfit for this job, and sad that there were enough stupid people and blind partisan hacks that voted for this con artist.

No. He is not respected by other world leaders, just tolerated with for now, who are hoping, as most rational people are, for the end of this dog and pony show.

And what "deal" did we get with NK? LOL.

You may be right about the fear part, because the entire world doesn't know what this nitwit is capable of doing.

But, this will all come to pass, and the sooner the better.

They may respect us as a people still, but they have no respect whatsoever for the corrupt administration that is in place, and the idiot that is currently playing president.
It's clear that you are eaten up by frustration and rage over Trump and his policies

To be fair, probably just like I was over Obama

But you are deceiving yourself if you don't think he is respected

The ONLY reason we got a deal with N Korea is because the Chinese participated in sanctions in a meaningful way. Why? Be a use of respect for Trump and a healthy amount of fear about what he might do

That's just one example
Frustration? Sure. Who isn't frustrated by this moron. You never know what or if anything to believe that comes out of this clown's mouth. He truly is a pathological liar. He changes his mind by the minute, depending on who is audience is.

Rage? No. But definitely sadness. Sad that the idiot is totally unfit for this job, and sad that there were enough stupid people and blind partisan hacks that voted for this con artist.

No. He is not respected by other world leaders, just tolerated with for now, who are hoping, as most rational people are, for the end of this dog and pony show.

And what "deal" did we get with NK? LOL.

You may be right about the fear part, because the entire world doesn't know what this nitwit is capable of doing.

But, this will all come to pass, and the sooner the better.
Yep, exactly how I felt when Obama was in

With NK, we have had a cessestion of nuclear tests, at least for now,and djalogue is opened

Is the situation solved? No

But we've made headway, mostly because Trump found a way to get China on board

2,000 miles. Let's post that every hundredth of a mile. That would be 200,000 signs. Let's say it's $20 a sign. Wow, $4 million? It's a bargain at twice the price.

Let's take out TV and radio ads too.

How do we order those?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back