Mexican Birth Rate is In Freefall

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I know the bigoted saying, "Mexican women are breed to have babies!" Not true anymore

There is a wave of change = Lower birth rate! Like any emerging nation, which Mexico is, birth rates drop.

The UN predicts they will have a LOWER birth rate then the US by 2040!!!

Mexico is starting to hold there own in the Western Hemisphere and good for them.

Mexico's population: When the niños run out | The Economist
The average now is just over two—almost the same as in the United States. The UN reckons that from 2040 the birth rate in Mexico will be the lower of the two.

The fall follows a government u-turn nearly 40 years ago, when a contraception campaign replaced the previous nation-building policy. Today, four out of ten married Mexican women are sterilised, a radical measure that partly reflects the continuing lack of other contraception in some areas as well as strict laws against abortion everywhere but the capital. Broader changes, such as more women in education and work, and pricier housing, have pushed down the size of families even more. (Brazil, where the government has promoted contraception less forcefully, has experienced a similar baby bust.)

Well of course the birth rates are dropping in Mexico. That's because all the Mexican women are coming here to the US to have their babies!

Come on you know that is a percent of a percent of all Mexican births!

I know the bigoted saying, "Mexican women are breed to have babies!" Not true anymore

There is a wave of change = Lower birth rate! Like any emerging nation, which Mexico is, birth rates drop.

The UN predicts they will have a LOWER birth rate then the US by 2040!!!

Mexico is starting to hold there own in the Western Hemisphere and good for them.

Mexico's population: When the niños run out | The Economist
The average now is just over two—almost the same as in the United States. The UN reckons that from 2040 the birth rate in Mexico will be the lower of the two.

The fall follows a government u-turn nearly 40 years ago, when a contraception campaign replaced the previous nation-building policy. Today, four out of ten married Mexican women are sterilised, a radical measure that partly reflects the continuing lack of other contraception in some areas as well as strict laws against abortion everywhere but the capital. Broader changes, such as more women in education and work, and pricier housing, have pushed down the size of families even more. (Brazil, where the government has promoted contraception less forcefully, has experienced a similar baby bust.)

And not just Mexico!

I listened to an interview with this author...and I'm putting his book on my list:

"What to Expect When No One's Expecting: America's Coming Demographic Disaster" [Hardcover]
Jonathan V. Last

I was amazed to learn that in South Korea, the birthrate is far below the replacement level....down to 1.1.

I read “How Civilizations Die,” by David P. Goldman, and was amazed at some of the stats.

And check this out:
With a total fertility rate of three children per woman, Israel's total population will rise to 24 million by the end of the present century. Iran's fertility is around 1.7 and falling, while the fertility for ethnic Turks is only 1.5 (the Kurdish minority has a fertility rate of around 4.5).

Not that the size of land armies matters much in an era of high-tech warfare, but if present trends continue, Israel will be able to field the largest land army in the Middle East. That startling data point, though, should alert analysts to a more relevant problem: among the military powers in the Middle East, Israel will be the only one with a viable population structure by the middle of this century.
Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

There's a civil war in Mexico that is reversing any progress that they have made over the last century. They're going to need the U.S. to FINALLY give a damn about their neighbor and help out against the cartels that are damaging both countries.

There GDP growth is enormous, they have the largest growing middle class in the world, they have many emerging sectors and there unemployment rate is half of ours! Get your facts straight, Mexico might be under assault by the cartels, but the country is emerging and is on the right path.

There's a civil war in Mexico that is reversing any progress that they have made over the last century. They're going to need the U.S. to FINALLY give a damn about their neighbor and help out against the cartels that are damaging both countries.

Again how wrong you are. See my previous thread on the subject!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6473128-post1.html

I hope you're right. The cartels need to be handled however as they are a constant threat to the government of Mexico. Policies in the U.S. need to change and we should take some of our focus off of the mid-east and empower the Mexican government as much as we can.

Mexico's Future Shrouded by Ongoing Drug War: Will Nieto's Strategy Prevail? ? The International

Well of course the birth rates are dropping in Mexico. That's because all the Mexican women are coming here to the US to have their babies!

You got that right.:clap2:

Wow thanks for encouraging racism. You miserable person.

In all my posts in all the threads in all the forums I visit, I try to maintain a standard of civility, which means, don't curse and don't attack another poster, no matter how much I disagree with them.
That said, I also can't stand for someone else to be attacked for agreeing with me. 'LilOlLady' isn't a miserable person, but you must be for claiming that she's miserable.
For your comment, you earn a great big:
(_x_)

What do you mean "good for them"? Rapidly declining birthrates around the globe are going to present significant challenges in the not-so-distant future.

Fertility rates among Latino immigrants (legal and illegal) to the US are also declining rapidly.

What do you mean "finally"?

What do you mean "good for them"? Rapidly declining birthrates around the globe are going to present significant challenges in the not-so-distant future.

Taken out of context there bud! They have a rapidly growing GDP, rapidly industrializing economy, 4% unemployment and the fast growing middle class in the world, so again good for them!

there's a civil war in mexico that is reversing any progress that they have made over the last century. They're going to need the u.s. To finally give a damn about their neighbor and help out against the cartels that are damaging both countries.

Yea, lets help them out ! $nuclear2.jpg

Forum List

Back