Messages to the protestors

Uh-uh.

Like I said, no one was denying it, so you were the one putting up a strawman.

And overall, you guys who want to annoint yourselves "53%ers" are largely part of the "99%ers" whether you wish to be or not. You're a minority of the majority.

Actually the strawman you put up was that "they pay taxes too"....which no one denied. You needed that pointed out to you?

And way to go with a basic grasp of how percentages work :thup: The message itself though seems to be lost on you.

You actually make a fair point, but you still also threw up your own strawman in response.

As far as this site goes, though, still crap. If the message is the usual "don't blame others and pull yourself by your own bootstraps", that ship has sailed. Millions more have to eat them at this point.

And sitting around complaining about decisions they made concerning their student loans and career fields they entered certainly helps them put food on their table :thup:

Well you're right about one thing... You don't speak for me. I'm angry at how susceptible my fellow Americans are to propaganda, and how callous and unsympathetic they are to less fortunate people. (Unsympathetic used literally, not to mean 'empathetic' as it often is. To mean 'not understanding.')
Of course!

^^^^ That is the arrogance of the authoritarian left I mentioned earlier. He thinks these poor slobs aren't really thinking for themselves. They are just victims of propaganda and he is here to save them.

Fuckin' a right, doggy. If they are 'thinking,' they're not doing a very good job of it.

I thought liberals were supposed to embrace diversity on all levels, including thought...yet you're exhibiting a mindset that maintains a narrow vision of acceptable thinking.

mobs-111011.gif

Actually, this is people who work hard for what they have versus people who want to sit around and complain.

Quite interesting that you see it as a Republican versus Democrat thing though. Very telling...:eusa_think:

Are you saying there no hard workers at those protests? What do yo ureally know about the make-up of the people there? I'd also put to you that for some people being there is itself work. They'd be a lot more comfortable "sitting around", as you put it.

Of course!

^^^^ That is the arrogance of the authoritarian left I mentioned earlier. He thinks these poor slobs aren't really thinking for themselves. They are just victims of propaganda and he is here to save them.

Fuckin' a right, doggy. If they are 'thinking,' they're not doing a very good job of it.

I thought liberals were supposed to embrace diversity on all levels, including thought...yet you're exhibiting a mindset that maintains a narrow vision of acceptable thinking.

Blaming a straw man ('elitist career politiicans') or pretending nothing is wrong when something is terribly wrong? Yeah it upsets me.

Sure they've got the right, and I've got the right to broadcast the sorrow it provokes in me.

Actually, this is people who work hard for what they have versus people who want to sit around and complain.

Quite interesting that you see it as a Republican versus Democrat thing though. Very telling...:eusa_think:

Again, DICK, since you glazed me over completely thus far...

Do you see nothing wrong with the behavior of wall street as of late?

I answered you earlier, you never responded back that I saw. :dunno:

Behavior of Wall Street as of late? What behavior is that? I see the politicians bailing out their buddies in business and I see politicians crafting tax policies to favor their buddies in business. The common theme being that politicians who make the policies seem to be the issue. Not the businesses that operate under those policies.

Are you saying there no hard workers at those protests? What do yo ureally know about the make-up of the people there? I'd also put to you that for some people being there is itself work. They'd be a lot more comfortable "sitting around", as you put it.

If they're protesting they're not hard at work. True story :thup:

Oh well, if you wanna act like nothing's been going wrong on Wall Street, that's fine, but a lot more of us are still glad that there are people WORKING to see that some of these assholes are finally held accountable.

And you're still more part of the 99% than you seem to want to admit.

:D

Oh well, if you wanna act like nothing's been going wrong on Wall Street, that's fine, but a lot more of us are still glad that there are people WORKING to see that some of these assholes are finally held accountable.

Working hard to blame the wrong people and not be held accountable for their own decisions, sure. I guess you could call that working. Lemme know what the pay is for that kind of work.

Blaming a straw man ('elitist career politiicans') or pretending nothing is wrong when something is terribly wrong? Yeah it upsets me.

Sure they've got the right, and I've got the right to broadcast the sorrow it provokes in me.

Again, you're making all sorts of assumptions, but I don't know how you come to those conclusions based on the signs that were posted. It seems you're pretending that these people don't have concerns or compassion because of how they've responded to the occupiers. Well, just because you approve of how the occupiers have presented their grievances, I think it's ignorant to have expected such tactics to be embraced by the mainstream, and especially apolitical, public. I'm not referring to the act of protesting, but the method...and the occupiers aren't going to win over anyone who isn't already in the choir.

Working hard to blame the wrong people and not be held accountable for their own decisions, sure. I guess you could call that working. Lemme know what the pay is for that kind of work.

stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.

I'm not going to speak on behalf of Cuyo, because I don't know what motivates his reaction. However, I do think that plenty on the left will get extremely pissed about this response. Listen, they never liked the fact that the right had the nerve to enter their domain of protesting, and were in fact quite successful at it. Now, here they have finally gotten "something" going, and they'll see this as an attack to destroy their "movement". Oh well, they need to accept and deal with the fact that the right will never go back to being "conservative" in expressing their opinions. It's a new day.

Well you're right about one thing... You don't speak for me. I'm angry at how susceptible my fellow Americans are to propaganda, and how callous and unsympathetic they are to less fortunate people. (Unsympathetic used literally, not to mean 'empathetic' as it often is. To mean 'not understanding.')

I am all for helping the helpless, the clueless are on their own.

see?

stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.

Must be why we hang out here.

Speaking of stupidity, why does Ropey have such a hard-on for you? :confused:

Uh-uh.

Like I said, no one was denying it, so you were the one putting up a strawman.

And overall, you guys who want to annoint yourselves "53%ers" are largely part of the "99%ers" whether you wish to be or not. You're a minority of the majority.

Actually the strawman you put up was that "they pay taxes too"....which no one denied. You needed that pointed out to you?

And way to go with a basic grasp of how percentages work :thup: The message itself though seems to be lost on you.

You actually make a fair point, but you still also threw up your own strawman in response.

As far as this site goes, though, still crap. If the message is the usual "don't blame others and pull yourself by your own bootstraps", that ship has sailed. Millions more have to eat them at this point.

If the message is the usual "don't blame others and pull yourself by your own bootstraps", that ship has sailed.

row harder. :lol:

Again, DICK, since you glazed me over completely thus far...

Do you see nothing wrong with the behavior of wall street as of late?

I answered you earlier, you never responded back that I saw. :dunno:

Behavior of Wall Street as of late? What behavior is that? I see the politicians bailing out their buddies in business and I see politicians crafting tax policies to favor their buddies in business. The common theme being that politicians who make the policies seem to be the issue. Not the businesses that operate under those policies.

So you did, my bad.

Radio said:
So whining about the unfairness of it all is a much better way to go instead of making something of yourself?

Elitist career politicians is probably a lot closer to what is wrong with the economy than "Business bad".

I think you overestimate the preponderance of people who are saying "Business bad." Sure there's probably some singing that tune, but they're just confused. Not everyone immerses themselves in matters of finance, politics, business, etc; But they do know they can't find a job. Why?

Did elitist politicans outsource the jobs? No, but they allowed it to happen.

Did they inflate then burst the housing bubble? No, but they allowed it to happen.

Did they GIVE the six largest banking institutions in this country assets in excess of 60% of our GDP? No, but they allowed it to happen.

Did they personally consolidate companies into huge trusts capable of exploiting resources and crushing smaller businesses? No, but they allowed it to happen.

They DID give the private banking sector undue and dangerous control over the money supply... I'll grant that... But did they force them to exploit that power? No, but they allowed it to happen.

Do you see a pattern emerging here? The government doesn't "DO" any of these things. They only allow it to happen; They only fail to prevent it. And I think that's a big part of the message here - "STOP. LETTING. THIS. HAPPEN."

If you get robbed and beaten up, do you blame the cops for not being there and tell the perpetrators that it's not their fault, because the cops let it happen? That's analogous to what I see when I hear people blaming the big bad government.

I'm tellin' ya man, this will not continue the way it's been going. Maybe this will subside and the unwashed masses will again be placated as a few scraps find them as the next bubble inflates, but eventually there will be more equitable distribution than what we have now; It's inevitable.

...Whew, much better. :eusa_angel:

Wait, I work a 9-5 and I go down to Wall St. after work and on weekends. THOUSANDS of others do this as well. You people don't even know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back