Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays

3 threads on this?? really......i dont care what you say....happy solstice...happy festive....merry christmas....get over this entire issue....

Which do you say and why?

Unless I know the people are Christian, I say "Happy Holidays", it's more inclusive.

I like happy holidays. Happy holy days, whatever those are to whom ever it is addressed.
We cancelled Christmas giving among family members and donated what I laughingly call disposable income to whatever charity gives food to those who aren't as "lucky" as us for the past several years. We'll eat. I'd like to think the spirit of the season, whatever the denomination or lack thereof, would rather see people have a nice meal than to have some plastic and overpriced shit wrapped in pretty paper under the tree.

I was just thinking... I have such fond memories as a kid, when this was known as the 'Christmas Season'.

Just thought I would reminisce for a minute.

OK, carry on.

I say "God Jul" which would be "Good Yule" in English.

It's a time of happiness without much religious connotation. If foreigners don't celebrate it, well that's not my problem. I'm going to wish them a merry Yule either way.

Forum List

Back