Merry Christmas from Dr. Jill Biden

SWEET, JG! Thank you! I have loved that song since Cooper first released it in 1971 as perhaps my favorite Cooper song of all time, and I have a first pressing of his Love It To Death album, but I've never seen him do it live--- it was great seeing him break free and choke his nurse! :lmao:

I was stoned the first time I heard that song and it scared the hell out of me. :laughing0301:

I was stoned the first time I heard that song and it scared the hell out of me. :laughing0301:

Another great song of his is Halo Of Flies from his Killer album.
I have a copy of the song I digitized in 24 bit PCM as a WAV file from a full analog master, but to copy it here, the file is 288 MB.

Another great song of his is Halo Of Flies from his Killer album.
I have a copy of the song I digitized in 24 bit PCM as a WAV file from a full analog master, but to copy it here, the file is 288 MB.

I hadn't heard that one in so long that I forgot about it.

I hadn't heard that one in so long that I forgot about it.

I love the stage show with the psycho bitch. Too bad I never got to see him live. Another good song is Desperado. Too bad the audio in these online feeds is so damn piss poor, if I could, I'd invite you over to hear him on my custom 3000 watt sound system, arguably better than live sound. You'd think you died and went to heaven.

I love the stage show with the psycho bitch. Too bad I never got to see him live. Another good song is Desperado. Too bad the audio in these online feeds is so damn piss poor, if I could, I'd invite you over to hear him on my custom 3000 watt sound system, arguably better than live sound. You'd think you died and went to heaven.

Well you could save some money by just playing one side of of that 3000 Watt system, seeing how I pretty much lost all hearing in my right ear.

:laughing0301:

Well you could save some money by just playing one side of of that 3000 Watt system, seeing how I pretty much lost all hearing in my right ear.

:laughing0301:

I could just dig out my old monophonic radio set up for that with my old Heathkit monoblock tube amp and Stromberg Carlson tube tuner! :SMILEW~130:

Heathkit WA-1.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 8.08.49 PM.png

I could just dig out my old monophonic radio set up for that with my old Heathkit monoblock tube amp and Stromberg Carlson tube tuner! :SMILEW~130:

View attachment 869673

View attachment 869674
I had two Heathkit 14 W mono amps rigged as a poor mans stereo system when I was a kid.....blew the neighbors out.

Got a bunch of good old tubes and Heathkit gear if anyone's interested.

Tubes rock, fer sure. I used to work on, repair, and modify vacuum tube guitar amps back in the day.

I don't have a picture handy but for years, that was literally my listening set up with a custom home made 3-way dynamic speaker. One channel AM/FM radio, everything monaural, and while the tuner looks like in the picture, the amp I used was actually custom modified circuitry and the output tubes are actually a black metal case instead of glass where the outside is a charged anode--- military tubes that were originally used in a submarine.

I later replaced the Stromberg with an even better FM tuner, a Radio Craftsman; really excellent sound quality until the tuning string which ran between the ganged wheels which worked everything including the front indicator on the front dial started slipping and I shelved everything.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.canuckaudiomart.com%2Fuploads%2Flarge%2F606785-radio_craftsmen_10_amfm_tube_tuner_preamplifier_pair.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f5176f0dbfb6d05874f0f71b77041832c7ff3b9c0e5248f4e7d1d0954713c64e&ipo=images

I had two Heathkit 14 W mono amps rigged as a poor mans stereo system when I was a kid.....blew the neighbors out.

Nothing about that is a poor man's. That stuff blows most modern hi-fi gear out of the water. I've actually picked up several Heathkit pieces over the years also including a mono preamp and an integrated stereo receiver my neighbor was throwing out that was the centerpiece of his home stereo for years.

Forum List

Back