merged threads on beheading in egypt

Can't you temporarily ban this asshole? It's like trying to have a serious conversation and someone keeps butting in asking you to pass the butter.

Spidey: Go to your fucking room and shut up!

Originally posted by krisy
I agree Flasher,but unfortunately,the media is the only way to get our news. Then we have to pick and choose what to bleieve,and what is and isn't biased. How do ever know the "real" story?

Check, double-check, and triple-check.
I try and read my local paper, the NYT(ahem...sources), various online sources plus I watch bits of Fox and CNN and PBS.

That way I get a sense of where the "middle" story is and who might be stretching the truth.

But you're right, we rely on these people for news (and sometimes pay for it) and they need to be accountable.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Check, double-check, and triple-check.
I try and read my local paper, the NYT(ahem...sources), various online sources plus I watch bits of Fox and CNN and PBS.

That way I get a sense of where the "middle" story is and who might be stretching the truth.

But you're right, we rely on these people for news (and sometimes pay for it) and they need to be accountable.

But to an avergae person that watches the 6 oclock news and thats all, what do they think?

I said they make it look as if our guys RESEMBLE the terrorists. I guess it is a matter of opinion,just like your looney toon views. If the media hasn't been hard on our guys,then why is it that is all we have heard about in the last 5 or 6 days? Is there nothing else going on in the world? Get a grip. They are harder on our guys than the terrorists. Yes,my opinion.

Don't spin my words with your childish jabber. We all know the media goes one way-even them .I might not go so far as to say it's their fault,but then again,their constant coverage is what pissed these MF ers off.

Originally posted by insein
Hey put me down minus the strap on. Ill bring my own tool, lol. JK.

I could fit you in say before March? I make special preferences to those I like and who bring their own tools.;)

Originally posted by insein
But to an avergae person that watches the 6 oclock news and thats all, what do they think?

Oh what a shame to be average...:rolleyes:

I can't really speak for the average person--I'm only going to speak for myself--but I would hope all are familiar with the saying "don't believe everything you hear" and "take that with a grain of salt" and "don't listen to him he's a fucking idiot"...

In general the six-oclock news tells you the weather, lottery numbers, who got shot, how close the Dow is to 10,000 and the biggest news story(s) overseas which are now Abu and the beheading as well as the continued battle with Al-Sadr and his forces. I don't think there is too much room for bias in that half-hour.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Damn, you guys need to get your own thread. :p:

Their own room... :p:
Caqn I watch?
All this talk has me in a frenzy here at the law library... an hour more til I'm out of work. This schedule sucks.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Oh what a shame to be average...:rolleyes:

I can't really speak for the average person--I'm only going to speak for myself--but I would hope all are familiar with the saying "don't believe everything you hear" and "take that with a grain of salt" and "don't listen to him he's a fucking idiot"...

In general the six-oclock news tells you the weather, lottery numbers, who got shot, how close the Dow is to 10,000 and the biggest news story(s) overseas which are now Abu and the beheading as well as the continued battle with Al-Sadr and his forces. I don't think there is too much room for bias in that half-hour.

Fine the 7 oclock national news then with Dan rather and Tom Brokass. Not everyone knows that the media is biased. Some people honestly feel that what they see is what really is happening. Obviously none of us here do, but that doesnt mena that alot of people can tell the difference between facts and the spin.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
you my friend started the shit! this was a serious thread till you fucked it up! DO IT! and it will end there! if not you will lose!
He may have started it, but they are continuing it.
I think everyone needs to review what they are saying. You can't attack one and let the other's continue with their own B.S.
The attacks are not tolerated by ANYONE!

Forum List

Back