merged threads on beheading in egypt

agreed..but if Bush does something like that, liberals will make sure he doesn't get reelected, and kerry will wreck everything...

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
It did...you may want to read again?

You may want to read the thread title again that's what I was referring to. I guess the story was reported from Cairo, but it refers to an incident that happened in Iraq. More of a tragedy than an incident I suppose. This guy's poor family....

spilly----you are the epitome of why there is now plan--you just sit back and criticize. What is your plan? Our country will implode by its desire to look humane

Lets here the plan spilly!!!!

The media is already spreading the word that this execution is Americas fault

With that being said, think of me as you want but this shit isn't going to stop regardless of who is leading us! We just need to exterminate them like a bunch of roaches that they are!

ok, i've simmered down a bit, but still pretty pissed- not at anyone on the board, including you, sir evil, but i'm still livid about the situation, and watching this video deeply disturbs me each time. it's proof that we are currently FAILING in our objective.

i can't say that a dem candidate can handle what needs to be done, but if bush can't do it, you can bet your paycheck i'm going to vote, and push to have him removed from office! we can no longer afford to come up short. PERIOD!

i don't even need you to kiss my butt. if it all works out, that will be satisfaction enough. but would somebody give me a good reason to belive that it will??!!

Originally posted by dilloduck
spilly----you are the epitome of why there is now plan--you just sit back and criticize. What is your plan? Our country will implode by its desire to look humane

The execution is sicko fuck terrorists fault.
But yeah, the fact tat Iraqi prisoners have been tortured since January doesn't help.
This war is doing little for our credibility overseas, in general, IMO. But I suppose the point is to defeat the terrorists... it's not a popularity contest.

But, you know, global politics really is a popularity contest. One that we are not winning right now.

No SE, to NYC:

The thread has been merged by the mods (I think a bunch were started at the same time when the story broke). My original title was something about "these people are animals" or something, I was PMSing at the time:mad:

Hey mods fix the title!

:p:

Originally posted by spillmind
ok, i've simmered down a bit, but still pretty pissed- not at anyone on the board, including you, sir evil, but i'm still livid about the situation, and watching this video deeply disturbs me each time. it's proof that we are currently FAILING in our objective.

i can't say that a dem candidate can handle what needs to be done, but if bush can't do it, you can bet your paycheck i'm going to vote, and push to have him removed from office! we can no longer afford to come up short. PERIOD!

i don't even need you to kiss my butt. if it all works out, that will be satisfaction enough. but would somebody give me a good reason to belive that it will??!!

Yes, and I believe Bush will be removed from office.
The uglier things get in Iraq the more the people of the United States will question their leader for his decision to invade Iraq. The people don't question the decision to go after terrorists, but they question Bush's bloodlust...

first off- THANK YOU for refraining from devisive comments!

it's not our fault- directly. but our policy has and currently IS failing. there is no arguing that (i'd better not say that). :rolleyes:

i have my job. our government has theirs. if they personally commission me for advice, i want at LEAST what rummy is getting. i posted my plan for a broader international force in iraq. this would have to include arab states for it to be successful. if we are not successful, all of our hard work, energy, and money has been squandered. at least all of our admin will be set for life, regardless, right? i'm not a gov official, but i pay my taxes, and i pull my weight in my community! i open to your ideas

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
No SE, to NYC:

The thread has been merged by the mods (I think a bunch were started at the same time when the story broke). My original title was something about "these people are animals" or something, I was PMSing at the time:mad:

Hey mods fix the title!

:p:

I better write a letter to the editor :D
Jim?

We just need to exterminate them like a bunch of roaches that they are!
we CAN'T- how are we going to do this?

wouldn't it be much simpler (though not simple) to impose a better way of life on the large populace and let that force out terror?

I'm enraged at the media and people who will not or cannot see that this is not the time for talking or trying to keep our holier than thou image. It's time to unite and kick ass with overwhelming power like the mideast has never seen. Can America do an "unamerican" thing to save ourselves. Bush HAS to ignore the media NOW and KILL THEM.

brilliant. why didn't i think of this? BECAUSE IT WON'T HAPPEN, AND IT WOULDN'T WORK ANYWAY. you're on the fringe, man. coming at it from the totally WRONG angle.

we CAN'T- how are we going to do this?

wouldn't it be much simpler (though not simple) to impose a better way of life on the large populace and let that force out terror?

Yeah, the US is better at imposing than exterminating:D

Broader Coaltion? I'm sick of that mantra. They have already cut and run or stayed out of it in the first place. ok sorry----how do you propose we form this broader coalition now?

Broader Coaltion? I'm sick of that mantra. They have already cut and run or stayed out of it in the first place. ok sorry----how do you propose we form this broader coalition now?
why do you think they cut and run? think seriously and unobjectively, if this is something you would really consider. if you don't think this is a good idea, you and i are wasting our time.

an obvious (easiest) step would be to change leadership. this would send a message to the world that we, as american people, don't like what is happening and what has already taken place, and we want a change. this kind of push would speak volumes to those nations on the fence, and may even persuade arab nations to join in. it's the best chance we have.

the other option is for bush to flip-flop, swallow his pride and to plead with other nations to join in and help. this would involve admittance of poor planning (with the best of intentions) and poor international policies on ome fronts. it may be hard to trust him after all that happened, but if bush is serious and sincere- AND IF HE HAS THE BALLS TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT- he would appeal to the nations of the world for help. i'm sick of our self-righteous pride. all it has brought us so far is death and hatred.
this would be the most difficult task that bush could have ever done.

if he could do this, hell, he might even earn MY VOTE! :eek: all i want to see done is what is right, not what will get someone freaking re-elected!

Anyway, I really cant see why you think that this only happened because Bush is in office!
bush STARTED the war in iraq. he chose to forego diplomacy by not taking it to it's fullest extent, and he was intent on going to WAR, NO MATTER WHAT.

Those little bastards are'nt even real men, notice how they were not going to show there faces? Thats what all those terrorist fuckers are, just little cowards creating a big problem! the solution is as I suggested, just plain start extrerminating them like a bad infestation of bugs! If some of our allies were not concerned with lining their pockets we could put a better coalition together! That is in my opinion the biggest problem, not enough of the willing to fight terrorism!
the ARE people, believe it or not. neither you nor i could truly relate to that kind of mentality, but i'll tell you right now, enlisting and going over there and imprisoning them and capping them is not going to improve ANYTHING. we haven't and we can't beat them like that! just look at the current state of affairs! we already tried that!

Arab Street Erupts in Rage Over Beheading Video
(2004-05-11) -- The so-called 'Arab Street' erupted in rage and grief today, as devoted Muslims crowded into public squares by the hundreds of thousands, in dozens of cities, to denounce the brutal videotaped beheading of American Nicholas Berg by Muslim extremists affiliated with Al Qaeda.

"This is an outrageous, disgusting and obscene act of evil done in the name of our peaceful religion and in our own backyard," said one unnamed Muslim cleric in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. "We mourn with Mr. Berg's family at this horrible loss. We renounce not only this act of violence, but all acts of terror."

The governments of all Arab League nations made a joint statement condemning the slaughter of Mr. Berg, and committing $100 billion toward the elimination of Al Qaeda and other Muslim terror groups.

"We pledge money, troops and intelligence resources in an all-out effort to end this scourge," the Arab league statement declared. "We apologize for our past failures to rein-in or arrest extremists in our ranks. As of today, we are turning the tables on the terrorists. Now, it's their turn to be afraid."

Link
Take this article for what it may be worth.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Spilly - that flick affected me the same way! here some good advice though! DONT WATCH IT NO MORE!

the solution is as I suggested, just plain start extrerminating them like a bad infestation of bugs! If some of our allies were not concerned with lining their pockets we could put a better coalition together! That is in my opinion the biggest problem, not enough of the willing to fight terrorism!

Well I feel your anger brother, you feel mine? wanna enlist together and kick some Haji ass or what?

Our allies are too woosey for sure. Very unfortunate. Their day is coming.

I felt ill when I heard this, and saw the images on TV. I don't know how much more I can take.

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features 3-to-5 new stories most days. Use the box below to add your email address to the ScrappleFace notification list. You'll get an instant notice when we post a new story. It's free.

i apologize for posting such graphic material, but if we don't send a message to the world that we need a change of leadership, there's going to be some really bad shit going down!!!

get ready for dirty bombs, new enemies, and a living hell. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE GONE TO IRAQ AND GOT OURSELVES INTO THIS MESS!!!!!!!!

You fucking scumbag piece of shit. You can say that its our fault that they beheaded this guy with a straight face. Your still thinking in your own political fantasy world where everything is a fucking game and Bush is the evil enemy. This IS the reason we're over there because people like this exist and have hated our guts for years. To say that getting rid of Bush is going to end the war on terror is so fucking naive it pains me to even read it.

You have just LOST any credibility you ever had with me if you truly believe that its OUR FAULT THAT THIS GUY GOT HIS HEAD CUT OFF!!!!

Forum List

Back