Men: Toilet seat&lid up or down when a guest at someone else's home?

Toilet seat & lid: up or down at someone else's home

• Leave it up at home, but put it down when in someone else's home.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Leave it up no matter where I am.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Put it down at both home and someone else's home.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Leave it as I found it

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
This is in light of my IL's visiting and my FIL's inability to remember to put the toilet seat back down, as well as the lid.

Every time they come over, and FIL uses the bathroom, he never does it. Granted, he doesn't do it at his home (and MIL puts up with it), but Tim puts both down because:
1. Nathan used to like to play in the water (when he was just starting to walk) so we had to make sure both were down to prevent him from playing in it.
2. We have a cabinet & shelf right above/behind the toilet. This poses a hazard for stuff to fall into the toilet if the lid is up.

Personally I think it is very rude and inconsiderate to do this at someone else's home. Every time he is here, I have to go in and put the seat down after him. It's a minor thing, but still...it rubs my fur the wrong way with his rudeness.

You need one more choice.

Leave it like I find it.

I always put it back as it was when I first walked in. I figure they know there are houseguest coming and the "put" their house in the way they want to "display" it.

fuzzykitten99 said:
if you know how to alter a poll posting, by all means. I tried to add it but couldn't.

I bet our Admin "sitter" can do it for us.

Reminds me of a restaurant I went into on my way to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival back when I was in high school.

Walked back to the bathrooms and each one had a sign on the door that said:

Pointers.

Setters.

GotZoom said:
I bet our Admin "sitter" can do it for us.

Reminds me of a restaurant I went into on my way to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival back when I was in high school.

Walked back to the bathrooms and each one had a sign on the door that said:

Pointers.

Setters.

Oh boy! I KNOW I'll hear about this - Me "censoring" somebody's poll/thread!

:)

dmp said:
Oh boy! I KNOW I'll hear about this - Me "censoring" somebody's poll/thread!

:)

You feel for my nefarious trap....muahahahahaha......

Look...Look!!! Grump and Roomy!!!!! Look!!!!

An Admin Changing Threads!!!!!

You guys were right!!!!

If I'm a guest, I'll put the lid down. At home, leave it up, put it down, whatever. It's a pretty minor deal, all things considered, but at someone else's home, it is a courtesy.

Although I do pee standing up at other people's houses. Darin, that's another man-card violation.

5stringJeff said:
If I'm a guest, I'll put the lid down. At home, leave it up, put it down, whatever. It's a pretty minor deal, all things considered, but at someone else's home, it is a courtesy.

Although I do pee standing up at other people's houses. Darin, that's another man-card violation.
I second the man-card violation.

There's a reason for TP.

5stringJeff said:

I suppose 'being considerate' does violate the ManKard(tm). (shrug). I'm on probation for MANY violations :D

dmp said:
Not just the splatter-factor...it's the noise factor too. I feel others shouldn't have to hear me tinkle. :)

Make like Robin Hood and AIM. Specifically, for the back of the toilet bowl, above the water line.

5stringJeff said:
Make like Robin Hood and AIM. Specifically, for the back of the toilet bowl, above the water line.

That doesn't cover the sound nearly as well as plopping my large ass down on the toilet seat. :)

dmp said:
I suppose 'being considerate' does violate the ManKard(tm). (shrug). I'm on probation for MANY violations :D

I'll admit, I do the same thing. Of course, the whole question depends on where I am.

If I'm at a single guy friends house, the lid is probably up anyway. It's up when I go in, it's up when I go out. I don't sit, because I don't care if he hears it.

If I'm at a woman's house, I either sit, or put the lid back down when I'm done.

There is a married couples house all my friends usually gather at on the weekend. There's usually music playing and whatnot, so no need to cover the noise, but when I leave I put the lid down no matter where it was when I went in. There is also a twist here. When it gets late, most of the guys there just go out in the backyard anyway. No lids to worry about.

Sometimes, it's good to live in the sticks. :D

Always leave it up! If you're a man and there is no reason to try to hide it.

Why are men always supposed to put the seat down anyway? Why shouldn't women leave the seat up for us?!

So the correct answer is, always leave it up no matter if you're a man or a woman!

:piss2:

Forum List

Back