Fate? Nature v. Nurture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.quadcitytimes.com/articles/2006/06/19/news/local/doc4496476505b09764127530.txt

2. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    What a cool story!
    I have an adopted cousin. We used to think she suspected, but she's never been told; she's nearing 50 now with two grown children. My uncle would never allow my aunt to tell Rhonda.....because we think she is really his biological daughter. She looks just like him.

And I have another cousin who has adopted two children, a boy & a girl, who are biological half brother & sister. I'm not sure the children have contact with the mother or not. They live in Washington state.

3. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    since my last pregnancy was hard on my body again, especially my heart and blood pressure, my OB recommended me not having any more babies. I am fine with that because I know that there is always adoption. I think I still want at least one more baby/child. But since I am starting a home daycare this summer/fall, that itself might change my mind. :tng:

If we do go ahead with this, we plan on adopting within the US because there are already plenty of kids right here at home who need homes just as much as the Chinese/Vietnamese/Korean kids do.