Men have no rights when it comes to womens health concerning

abortions. No rights even if the male is married to the female and wants a baby. A women should make it known to men that she is not ready or doesn't' want kids before marriage and a women has a choice to change her mind anytime she wants.
Fair enough...if the woman has 100% of the say, should she not bear 100% of the responsibility?

You had your say when you let your swimmers loose. You could have worn a condom with a spermicide but you didn’t.

It takes two people to have a baby. She didn’t do it all herself.
And yet you claim only one gets to decide if it is born or not.

Only one side has to carry the fetus for nine months and give birth to the child. If the father decides to take off, the mother is on her own. That’s why it’s her decision.

She’s also the one who has to live with the consequences of that decision. Which ever way she decides.

Condoms are a form of barrier birth control, and they come in many varieties. Some condoms come coated with spermicide, which is a type of chemical. The spermicide most often used on condoms is nonoxynol-9. When used perfectly, condoms can protect against pregnancy 98 percent of the time.Apr 25, 2017
Do Spermicide Condoms Work? - Healthline
Do Spermicide Condoms Work?

and prevent VD's , cervical ca, and HIV. There isn't any reason a woman should have to even take the pill is there, when the condoms combat both issues. The BC is 99% effective if the woman is diligent.

Why take the chance??

A lot of women who have abortions are very young. Obviously when people are very young, they are irresponsible. Often alcohol is involved, which means people aren't thinking clearly, and birth control is not used properly, if at all. Even when birth control is used properly, it's still not foolproof. So I think it's foolish for people to put all their faith and trust in birth control. In my opinion, people who are not responsible enough to deal with the consequences of having sex, shouldn't be encouraged to have sex in the first place. The typical response to that is, "They are going to have sex no matter what, whether we like it or not." Whether that's true or not, I think that our society overall has failed young people, in what they've been taught about sex, birth control, and abortion.

I'm going to share a link to an audio that I think everyone should listen to. I don't agree with this woman's religious views (she is Catholic, an ex-atheist) but this talk is a must hear. She brings up some excellent points, that are undeniable. http://jenniferfulwiler.com/wp-cont...ulwiler-pro-choice-to-pro-life-conversion.mp3 (It's 24 minutes long, but I hope people take the time to listen to it.)

She has now decided that a fetus is a human being, but the issue is its not about her personal feelings or mine, its about being pro choice. She is not the one raising it or carrying the fetus for hopefully 40 weeks.

She is also against contraception. I'm a cradle Catholic and I find her pushing her views on others is not what we need. She should go live in Saudi Arabia or something , a country with a theology to control their citizens. We have freedom of religion in the US.

One of our Gop republicans wife got an abortion in HS, it came out when he was running for representative and now they are both pro life and anti abortion and want to close planned parenthoods.

Hopefully everyone is using a condom. A women should not get fixed if she thinks in the future she might have a child.
Neither should a man. So why are you demanding they should?

Well, lets face it, they can't carry a fetus or have kids. We really do hold all the cards and now the old men on the Supreme Court and the GOP men want to control us females. Yet they love their affairs.
Rich women have more abortions than poor women, study finds
Hold all the cards? You can't make a baby without male sperm...so not really.

As for affairs with rich men...it's not like you little liberal gold diggers don't search them out.

True, but why should women have to take an internal medication when men can just don a condom? Why are men not in control of this stuff. If men want sex, carry good quality condoms. Women are not dogs to be taken in to get their shots.
I thought women wanted to be "in control of their own bodies"? If you don't want " babies " go get birth control. They make it easy now for you forgetful morons. 1 shot every three months or an IUD for the long term. No excuse for women who are allegedly "in control of their own bodies". To get pregnant because they are lazy.

Very few women can take those shots. They are extremely high risk and have vicious side effects. BCP’s are, at best, 85% effective, and again, a lot of women cannot take them. IUD’s also about 85% effective and they can cause very painful cramping and bleeding and are not for everyone.

Men think that birth control is so easy and keeping from getting pregnant is a piece of cake. It’s not. You have to find the right method and use it properly, without fail, without a weak moment, or a forgetful moment. You system has to tolerate strong hormone therapy well, the condoms can’t break.

I can’t take strong hormones. I cramp so badly I had to take time off work with them and that’s without an IUD. The Pill made me so sick I couldn’t take them. Since my daughter is going through similar problems and with similar results, (her surprise celebrated his first birthday last month, mine celebrated his 46th the day before his nephew), Little has changed since the 90’s.

Condoms are a form of barrier birth control, and they come in many varieties. Some condoms come coated with spermicide, which is a type of chemical. The spermicide most often used on condoms is nonoxynol-9. When used perfectly, condoms can protect against pregnancy 98 percent of the time.Apr 25, 2017

and prevent VD's , cervical ca, and HIV. There isn't any reason a woman should have to even take the pill is there, when the condoms combat both issues. The BC is 99% effective if the woman is diligent.

Why take the chance??

A lot of women who have abortions are very young. Obviously when people are very young, they are irresponsible. Often alcohol is involved, which means people aren't thinking clearly, and birth control is not used properly, if at all. Even when birth control is used properly, it's still not foolproof. So I think it's foolish for people to put all their faith and trust in birth control. In my opinion, people who are not responsible enough to deal with the consequences of having sex, shouldn't be encouraged to have sex in the first place. The typical response to that is, "They are going to have sex no matter what, whether we like it or not." Whether that's true or not, I think that our society overall has failed young people, in what they've been taught about sex, birth control, and abortion.

I'm going to share a link to an audio that I think everyone should listen to. I don't agree with this woman's religious views (she is Catholic, an ex-atheist) but this talk is a must hear. She brings up some excellent points, that are undeniable. http://jenniferfulwiler.com/wp-cont...ulwiler-pro-choice-to-pro-life-conversion.mp3 (It's 24 minutes long, but I hope people take the time to listen to it.)

Actually very few of the women having abortions are very young - a little over 11% of all abortions are teenagers and alcohol isn’t a major factor. 8% of all abortions are for girls 18 or 19 which means that only 3% are for very young girls. These fallacies being preached by right wingers paint a false picture of who are getting abortions

Here’s the fact sheet on who is getting an abortion. Their ages, races, marital status and the reasons why:

Induced Abortion in the United States

She has now decided that a fetus is a human being, but the issue is its not about her personal feelings or mine, its about being pro choice. She is not the one raising it or carrying the fetus for hopefully 40 weeks.

No, it's about when life begins. Of course it's not about her personal feelings, yours or mine. It has nothing to do with feelings, it is a scientific fact that the pre-born baby is a human being, a person, simply in a different stage of life than you and I.

You are not actually "pro-choice." If you were pro-choice, then you would give the victim the choice on whether he wants to live or die. And something that has always irked me to no end is how the very carefully crafted phrase "pro-choice" never finishes the sentence. Pro choice for what? It never states what that "choice" is for. It is pro "choice" for killing. At least be honest about it. Regardless of what the law says, there is no right to take the life of an innocent human being. Unless you are God. Which you are not.

She is also against contraception. I'm a cradle Catholic and I find her pushing her views on others is not what we need. She should go live in Saudi Arabia or something , a country with a theology.

Did you even listen to it? She's not trying to take away the right for people to use contraception. She is trying to get people to look at and question their entire view of sex, birth control and abortion. Did you hear the part about the two lists? Everything she said is undeniable. It is backed up with reason, logic, and the reality that we can see in this world. All of those things clearly went over your head, or you are choosing to ignore them.

Your way doesn't work. Period. Your worldview leads to unwanted pregnancies, STDs, emotional damage, confusion, and hundreds of millions of killings of the most innocent among us...All for the sake of convenience, and selfishness.

One of our Gop republicans got an abortion in HS, it came out when he was running for representative and now they are both pro life and anti abortion and want to close planned parenthoods.

And what's your point? That politicians are liars and hypocrites? Well that's a shocker. Getting back to the point of that audio, it's clear that your way hasn't worked. So an intellectually honest person is at least willing to take an honest look at their views, and genuinely consider whether or not there is a better way. Killing is not the answer. Why should the most innocent among us have to die (and abortion doesn't only affect the baby, it affects the mother as well, on a number of levels) because you guys aren't willing to re-examine your failed philosophy?

Why take the chance??

Actually very few of the women having abortions are very young - a little over 11% of all abortions are teenagers and alcohol isn’t a major factor. 8% of all abortions are for girls 18 or 19 which means that only 3% are for very young girls. These fallacies being preached by right wingers paint a false picture of who are getting abortions

Here’s the fact sheet on who is getting an abortion. Their ages, races, marital status and the reasons why:

Induced Abortion in the United States

I consider the 20's to be young. And that makes up more than half of all abortions. My point stands.

Well, lets face it, they can't carry a fetus or have kids. We really do hold all the cards and now the old men on the Supreme Court and the GOP men want to control us females. Yet they love their affairs.

As for affairs with rich men...it's not like you little liberal gold diggers don't search them out.

True, but why should women have to take an internal medication when men can just don a condom? Why are men not in control of this stuff. If men want sex, carry good quality condoms. Women are not dogs to be taken in to get their shots.
I thought women wanted to be "in control of their own bodies"? If you don't want " babies " go get birth control. They make it easy now for you forgetful morons. 1 shot every three months or an IUD for the long term. No excuse for women who are allegedly "in control of their own bodies". To get pregnant because they are lazy.

Very few women can take those shots. They are extremely high risk and have vicious side effects. BCP’s are, at best, 85% effective, and again, a lot of women cannot take them. IUD’s also about 85% effective and they can cause very painful cramping and bleeding and are not for everyone.

Men think that birth control is so easy and keeping from getting pregnant is a piece of cake. It’s not. You have to find the right method and use it properly, without fail, without a weak moment, or a forgetful moment. You system has to tolerate strong hormone therapy well, the condoms can’t break.

I can’t take strong hormones. I cramp so badly I had to take time off work with them and that’s without an IUD. The Pill made me so sick I couldn’t take them. Since my daughter is going through similar problems and with similar results, (her surprise celebrated his first birthday last month, mine celebrated his 46th the day before his nephew), Little has changed since the 90’s.
Your stats are not correct. But then what does one expect from a liar.

This has nothing to do with the fact that government cannot compel a woman to give birth against her will, including compelling her through force of law to obtain the ‘consent’ of her husband when seeking to terminate her pregnancy.

I believe both the Government and her Husbabd should have that power; along with the Right and Duty to terminate her life if she finds a way to end the pregnancy.

How are you going to make sure that the woman does not go through nine months of pregnancy, perhaps dangerous, vomiting, and does not bleed or suffer pain in the birthing process, and the father will be right there to comfort her, and accept the infant, and take it away if she does not want it.

As I said in a previous post, he should be legally forced to marry and support her until th child reaches age 18.

See, I don't agree with that attitude. But I think men need to accept that they're not the ones who are going to be carrying the child.

Yet the Man will be expected to PAY for the child. THAT is what my concern is... who is fiscally responsible compared to who is paying for it.

We don't need children being born unwanted. There are too many people on this planet already for use to have to care about making the most of every potential human life.

The key to reducing that number of children is forcing both parents to be responsible for the life they made. THST will start to make people think a little more. What would be an even bigger deterrent would be forcing them to marry and stay together until the kid turns 18.

Well, when there's a child, someone needs to look after it. And that costs money. And a woman can't work and effectively look after a child.

You want parents to be forced to stay together for 18 years. That's clearly the wrong "solution" to the problem.

Well, when there's a child, someone needs to look after it. And that costs money. And a woman can't work and effectively look after a child.

You want parents to be forced to stay together for 18 years. That's clearly the wrong "solution" to the problem.

The best solution would be for both people to keep their pants on until they’re ready to have children. Since our society refuses to enforce that expectation, we end up in this mess.

The best solution would be for both people to keep their pants on until they’re ready to have children. Since our society refuses to enforce that expectation, we end up in this mess.

Well, maybe. But I'm looking at this from the point of view of how you can get from where we are today, to the point where it would be much better.

Humans are humans. You can change humans, but that requires EDUCATION. It's really the only way. Proper sex ed, proper education giving people the right skills for the future. That's what is needed.

Humans are humans. You can change humans, but that requires EDUCATION. It's really the only way. Proper sex ed, proper education giving people the right skills for the future. That's what is needed.

Fear and Pain work far better than education in situations like this. Always have and always will.

Fear and Pain work far better than education in situations like this. Always have and always will.

Fear and pain are the solution for people who don't want to think too much. Good teachers are those who encourage, bad teachers are those who resort to fear and pain.

Fear and pain are the solution for people who don't want to think too much. Good teachers are those who encourage, bad teachers are those who resort to fear and pain.

You concern yourself with “teaching” these people why not to do something. We see how well that works. I’m not concerned with explaining anything other than the consequences for the improper act.

How are you going to make sure that the woman does not go through nine months of pregnancy, perhaps dangerous, vomiting, and does not bleed or suffer pain in the birthing process, and the father will be right there to comfort her, and accept the infant, and take it away if she does not want it.

As I said in a previous post, he should be legally forced to marry and support her until th child reaches age 18.

What make you think she wants him as a husband, forced to marry, no way. Women fought hard for their rights and we are not going to let them be taken away.

No, it's about when life begins. Of course it's not about her personal feelings, yours or mine. It has nothing to do with feelings, it is a scientific fact that the pre-born baby is a human being, a person, simply in a different stage of life than you and I.

You are not actually "pro-choice." If you were pro-choice, then you would give the victim the choice on whether he wants to live or die. And something that has always irked me to no end is how the very carefully crafted phrase "pro-choice" never finishes the sentence. Pro choice for what? It never states what that "choice" is for. It is pro "choice" for killing. At least be honest about it. Regardless of what the law says, there is no right to take the life of an innocent human being. Unless you are God. Which you are not.

She is also against contraception. I'm a cradle Catholic and I find her pushing her views on others is not what we need. She should go live in Saudi Arabia or something , a country with a theology.

Did you even listen to it? She's not trying to take away the right for people to use contraception. She is trying to get people to look at and question their entire view of sex, birth control and abortion. Did you hear the part about the two lists? Everything she said is undeniable. It is backed up with reason, logic, and the reality that we can see in this world. All of those things clearly went over your head, or you are choosing to ignore them.

Your way doesn't work. Period. Your worldview leads to unwanted pregnancies, STDs, emotional damage, confusion, and hundreds of millions of killings of the most innocent among us...All for the sake of convenience, and selfishness.

One of our Gop republicans got an abortion in HS, it came out when he was running for representative and now they are both pro life and anti abortion and want to close planned parenthoods.

And what's your point? That politicians are liars and hypocrites? Well that's a shocker. Getting back to the point of that audio, it's clear that your way hasn't worked. So an intellectually honest person is at least willing to take an honest look at their views, and genuinely consider whether or not there is a better way. Killing is not the answer. Why should the most innocent among us have to die (and abortion doesn't only affect the baby, it affects the mother as well, on a number of levels) because you guys aren't willing to re-examine your failed philosophy?

I listened to her and it made me ill. Who does she think she is that she found religion to declare when a fetus is a viable infant, and also who is she to talk about contraception being against her opinion. I could careless what she says since she has found religion.

Hopefully everyone is using a condom. A women should not get fixed if she thinks in the future she might have a child.

You said take them to the doctor every few months for a shot. You are everything that I declare is nothing but a stepford wife or perhaps an old maid or maybe even a prostitute (there are all kinds) since you seem to want men taking care of you and making your decisions. Long ago many women fought for rights and you just tramp on them.

You concern yourself with “teaching” these people why not to do something. We see how well that works. I’m not concerned with explaining anything other than the consequences for the improper act.

Teaching people is doing something.

You won't see how it works because the politicians don't do long term things, because the whole system is messed up and it's in no politician and rich person's interests to change that.

Forum List

Back