Members who start dozens of threads per day....

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Chuz Life, Dec 6, 2017.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,346
    Before you do that -- Realize that flooding ANY PART of USMB with multiple threads on the same or very similar topic is considered SPAM and will be treated as such.

If a poster is creating threads of broad interest in different forums and the subject matter belongs in those forums, we allow it. DOMINATING or attempting to dominate a particular forum will be discouraged. If the topics are substantially different and reflective of the ENTIRE scope of any one forum -- there's not a problem. Don't LIKE the topics? Find something else. Don't troll it..

One thread per specific topic for each member. If more than that shows up in the first couple pages of the forum listings, they may be merged or deleted. Rules are quite clear on this.

2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,346
    Well that's different. If folks are posting "drive by" threads intended to start scuffles -- and they CHRONICALLY don't participate in those threads -- they are counseled or warned. The OP is EXPECTED to guide their own threads. And we hold the OP to higher standards with respect to the USMB Posting Guidelines.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,844
    Good riddance to bad rubbish BUT don't worry you won't really leave no one does, they all post so long threads and with in a few weeks are posting again.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,358
    There are dozens of threads I ignore every day.

The OP obviously gets a panic attack every time the 'allowable numbers of threads per day' (according to WHO exactly - the OP?) is surpassed.

Free Will...Freedom of Choice. You have the ability / right to ignore any and all threads. Exercise thar 'right'.

5. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,244
    That title really means "Biggest Loser".

:badgrin: I've come close before.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,523
    People get mad at me for reviving old threads. They don’t get I’m trying to cut down on all the threads I start. Why start a new thread when someone else most certainly has started a thread on that subject in the past. The archives go all the way back to 2005 as far as I know.

People should first look to see if someone has already started a thread before starting a new one. Do a search for Monica lewinsky or Stormy Daniels, dont start a new thread ever on them. Lol unnecessary

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,523
    Black threads matter

8. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,349
    One cannot have meaningful, polite conversations here regarding politics anymore. For as time, years ago it was possible. This site is in decline with the influx of one-liners, puerile idiots and trolls. Threads started in the CDZ get moved to the Badlands after the brain dead, anonymous, knee jerk idiots named above chime in. You either go with the flow or try your luck somewhere else.

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,523
    Like your thread from 2013 I just commented in? I guess you changed this site. It was ok in 2012. Lol