Members who start dozens of threads per day....

You don't have a point, Chuz. You did not have the gumption to be direct which makes you look like a passive aggressive drama queen.

There are a half a dozen people that start multiple threads along the same line and I have them on ignore. There are a half dozen people that start multiple threads that I don't agree with politically but they are a break from the 27 threads on whatever faux rage political crisis that exists in a three day span.

You don't have a point, Chuz. You did not have the gumption to be direct which makes you look like a passive aggressive drama queen.

There are a half a dozen people that start multiple threads along the same line and I have them on ignore. There are a half dozen people that start multiple threads that I don't agree with politically but they are a break from the 27 threads on whatever faux rage political crisis that exists in a three day span.

Let's see. . . I said in the OP that there should be a rule against members (ANYmember) creating and dumping dozens of threads that they can not or do not have ANYintentions of actually participating in, in any meaningful way.

If that was not fucking specific. . .what the fuck is?

I agree. I don't know what the purpose of starting so many threads per day is other than upping their post count for the coveted Poster of the Month title. And yes I'm jealous because I only post a few times a day. :coffee:

I agree. I don't know what the purpose of starting so many threads per day is other than upping their post count for the coveted Poster of the Month title. And yes I'm jealous because I only post a few times a day. :coffee:
Many post more in one month than I post in one year.

It's called spam. You put the puppet on ignore and never hear from them again. It's always the nutjob right wingers who repost phoney crap from places like Info Wars or NotSoBreitbart. 90% of it is conspiracy theory ignorant red neck propaganda.

It's ridiculous, how so many work so hard to miss the fucking point here. Especially lately. (Only two members even agree with the OP)

I think I'll be taking a long break from USMB, just because of that fact.

Well, what is your point? I read it that you think people should participate in their own threads, have conversations. Some people, including me, think they don't because there are a lot of agenda spammers on forums. They are not going to participate; they are too busy spamming.

Is there some other point you are making?

Making a limit would seem to handicap the cut and paste libtards more, but whatever.

With no intentions (or ability) to have any sort of meaningful participation in any of them...

Why is this allowed?

Why do we not have rules against it?

Suppose a member (like me) were to do the same, everyday, on the topic of...

You fill in the blank.
tampon-toxic-shock-syndrome.jpg

:thup:

Message received.

We will see who bitches when I am the one flooding the forums with new threads too.

Before you do that -- Realize that flooding ANY PART of USMB with multiple threads on the same or very similar topic is considered SPAM and will be treated as such.

If a poster is creating threads of broad interest in different forums and the subject matter belongs in those forums, we allow it. DOMINATING or attempting to dominate a particular forum will be discouraged. If the topics are substantially different and reflective of the ENTIRE scope of any one forum -- there's not a problem. Don't LIKE the topics? Find something else. Don't troll it..

One thread per specific topic for each member. If more than that shows up in the first couple pages of the forum listings, they may be merged or deleted. Rules are quite clear on this.

Let's see. . . I said in the OP that there should be a rule against members (ANYmember) creating and dumping dozens of threads that they can not or do not have ANYintentions of actually participating in, in any meaningful way.

If that was not fucking specific. . .what the fuck is?

Well that's different. If folks are posting "drive by" threads intended to start scuffles -- and they CHRONICALLY don't participate in those threads -- they are counseled or warned. The OP is EXPECTED to guide their own threads. And we hold the OP to higher standards with respect to the USMB Posting Guidelines.

It's ridiculous, how so many work so hard to miss the fucking point here. Especially lately. (Only two members even agree with the OP)

I think I'll be taking a long break from USMB, just because of that fact.
Good riddance to bad rubbish BUT don't worry you won't really leave no one does, they all post so long threads and with in a few weeks are posting again.

There are dozens of threads I ignore every day.

The OP obviously gets a panic attack every time the 'allowable numbers of threads per day' (according to WHO exactly - the OP?) is surpassed.

Free Will...Freedom of Choice. You have the ability / right to ignore any and all threads. Exercise thar 'right'.

That title really means "Biggest Loser".

:badgrin: I've come close before.

With no intentions (or ability) to have any sort of meaningful participation in any of them...

Why is this allowed?

Why do we not have rules against it?

Suppose a member (like me) were to do the same, everyday, on the topic of...

You fill in the blank.
People get mad at me for reviving old threads. They don’t get I’m trying to cut down on all the threads I start. Why start a new thread when someone else most certainly has started a thread on that subject in the past. The archives go all the way back to 2005 as far as I know.

People should first look to see if someone has already started a thread before starting a new one. Do a search for Monica lewinsky or Stormy Daniels, dont start a new thread ever on them. Lol unnecessary

It's good to know that I can start doing the same with the topics of my choice from now on. That will be so much easier than actually having any meaningful conversations in the threads as I have been trying to do.
One cannot have meaningful, polite conversations here regarding politics anymore. For as time, years ago it was possible. This site is in decline with the influx of one-liners, puerile idiots and trolls. Threads started in the CDZ get moved to the Badlands after the brain dead, anonymous, knee jerk idiots named above chime in. You either go with the flow or try your luck somewhere else.

It's good to know that I can start doing the same with the topics of my choice from now on. That will be so much easier than actually having any meaningful conversations in the threads as I have been trying to do.
One cannot have meaningful, polite conversations here regarding politics anymore. For as time, years ago it was possible. This site is in decline with the influx of one-liners, puerile idiots and trolls. Threads started in the CDZ get moved to the Badlands after the brain dead, anonymous, knee jerk idiots named above chime in. You either go with the flow or try your luck somewhere else.
Like your thread from 2013 I just commented in? I guess you changed this site. It was ok in 2012. Lol

Forum List

Back