Mel Gibson makes a comeback with 'Hacksaw Ridge'

Are you having fun putting words in my mouth?

All I said, which you quoted, was that whether or not one is peaceful doesn't have a lot to do with whether or not one is racist. A person can believe their race is superior to others without becoming violent about it. Perhaps racists tend to be more violent than non-racists, I'm not arguing that, just that one isn't necessary for the other.

So racism used to only mean massive violence?

I don't know if Gibson has only said racist things because of being drunk. As I said, I don't know if his shame and apologies are sincere or not. I also said that I would likely watch this new film he has directed because I tend to enjoy his work.

My point is that while bigotry is relatively ubiquitous and rife in every race, Racism (ideology based mostly on racial classification) achieved a certain heinousness to it because of the Nazi Death Camps, which also destroyed reputable Eugenics advocacy, and the Progressives and Modernists had to radically change tacks on these issues. Then with the televised events regarding Jim Crow in the South during the 1950s, again Racism was shown to be an evil and amoral thing that deprived people of their civil rights all based on what race they were. All these things were dehumanizing to nonwhites and VIOLENT.

But today the notion of what is racism is trivialized to the point of if one is caught/reported asking a young black woman what country she is from one is then considered to have committed a microaggression and a form of racism as well.

IF one can be a peaceful racist, then the word 'racism' has lost its well earned sting.

Mel Gibson, IMO, is a rude bigoted drunk and has conspiracy theories on nearly every nonCatholic Anglo ethnicity as well as Jews. That doesnt make him a Racist IMO, unless he advocates people be treated unequally by race.

Blah, blah, libtards. Did you think the poster was actually attempting to show evidence of Gibson's racism by posting that Family Guy clip?

With libtards these days that is a very plausible interpretation of the nitwits post. Sure.

Racism has not ever been solely violent. I understand your point about the watering down of the word, how easily it is tossed around today, but I think there have always been people who were peaceful yet racist. They just don't get the press or cause the discord and violence.

Again, I don't know if Gibson is a racist, bigot, or just a horrible drunk. I agree that he can be a bigot without being a racist.

I think it is pretty clear the posting of the Family Guy clip was intended to be funny. It's a Family Guy clip. :lol:

If you drink often enough and haven't said anything racist you aren't getting drunk enough.

I have no issue with the rest of your response other than this notion you seem to have that liberals dont use ANYTHING to support their claims, including cartoons, and the following:

Racism has not ever been solely violent.

I think ALL racismis violent because of two things:

1. Even the nonviolent racial ideologues promote violence that presumes that the other guys deserve it.

2. The advocacy of racist policies is an indirect use of violence by the government to attack those of other races whether one is personally engaged in such or not.

Believe it or not Gibson is an anti-Militarist with strong leaning toward a pacifist view of the world. He has done many movies that are critical of government programs to support or conduct war, though he does agree that there can be a morally justifiable revolt against a tyrannical government.

His view of politics is that they all lie, and his view of war and violence was revealed in the movie Apocalypto where the leaders of the dying nation are sacrificing human beings as a way of propping up the confidence of their society and denying that anything was wrong with it and he intended that as a damnation of all unjust violence.

Meanwhile, he has NEVER advocated for anyone to lose any of their rights or being treated unequally in our courts based on their race.

I simply do not see Gibson being anything other than a nasty drunk who cant control his mouth when he is a few pints too high on alcohol, but even so a damned good director and an inspired artist unparalleled in his generation, IMO.

I have no issue with the rest of your response other than this notion you seem to have that liberals dont use ANYTHING to support their claims, including cartoons, and the following:

Racism has not ever been solely violent.

I think ALL racismis violent because of two things:

1. Even the nonviolent racial ideologues promote violence that presumes that the other guys deserve it.

2. The advocacy of racist policies is an indirect use of violence by the government to attack those of other races whether one is personally engaged in such or not.

Believe it or not Gibson is an anti-Militarist with strong leaning toward a pacifist view of the world. He has done many movies that are critical of government programs to support or conduct war, though he does agree that there can be a morally justifiable revolt against a tyrannical government.

His view of politics is that they all lie, and his view of war and violence was revealed in the movie Apocalypto where the leaders of the dying nation are sacrificing human beings as a way of propping up the confidence of their society and denying that anything was wrong with it and he intended that as a damnation of all unjust violence.

Meanwhile, he has NEVER advocated for anyone to lose any of their rights or being treated unequally in our courts based on their race.

I simply do not see Gibson being anything other than a nasty drunk who cant control his mouth when he is a few pints too high on alcohol, but even so a damned good director and an inspired artist unparalleled in his generation, IMO.
geez. you bang on a bit.

If he didn't do anything wrong, what is he making a comeback from? When an actor comes out with a new movie they don't usually call it a comeback.
How long has it been since his last one? That may be why this film is being labeled a comeback for him.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
He should have had a movie release last month for Blood Father. Haven't seen anything though.

I'm just saying, no matter how horrible a person he might be personally, he's such a great actor I don't care. On a scale of 1-10 jerks mels a 2 maybe 3. Michael Jackson maybe a 8 give or take 1.
What did he do to become a jerk???
If he didn't do anything wrong, what is he making a comeback from? When an actor comes out with a new movie they don't usually call it a comeback.
I don't know. you are telling the story. You tell me.
If scientology isn't enough to get me to stop seeing Tom Cruise movies, Mel's racist rants and tirades against women who fall out of love with him won't get me to stop seeing his movies. He's a interesting fellow to say the least and I wouldn't be nominating him for any humanitarian awards any time soon. But I love most of his movies just like I love Michael Jackson's music.

I like him better than I do Martha Stewart, Paula Dean or Rosie O'Donnell. All three I believe are not nice people.
What's wrong with Scientology?
Do you ask the dumbest questions or what? If you don't know what's wrong with Scientology or Mel Gibson, either you've been living under a rock for the last decade or you are just being intellectually dishonest. I'm not going to answer any more stupid questions. Do you have a brain? Do you have google? Why are you asking retarded questions?

I bet your next question is, "what's wrong with retarded questions?". I don't have time or interest to answer dumb questions.

What did he do to become a jerk???
If scientology isn't enough to get me to stop seeing Tom Cruise movies, Mel's racist rants and tirades against women who fall out of love with him won't get me to stop seeing his movies. He's a interesting fellow to say the least and I wouldn't be nominating him for any humanitarian awards any time soon. But I love most of his movies just like I love Michael Jackson's music.

I like him better than I do Martha Stewart, Paula Dean or Rosie O'Donnell. All three I believe are not nice people.
Do you ask the dumbest questions or what? If you don't know what's wrong with Scientology or Mel Gibson, either you've been living under a rock for the last decade or you are just being intellectually dishonest. I'm not going to answer any more stupid questions. Do you have a brain? Do you have google? Why are you asking retarded questions?

I bet your next question is, "what's wrong with retarded questions?". I don't have time or interest to answer dumb questions.
When you say "dumb",

...are you referring to people who are unable to speak?

How long has it been since his last one? That may be why this film is being labeled a comeback for him.

Holly
He should have had a movie release last month for Blood Father. Haven't seen anything though.
He just hasn't done a lot of movies but it's not like he disappeared.

I can't believe Braveheart was 1995. Long time ago.

I also loved Passion of the Christ, even though he didn't star in it. AND that one movie about the Incas. Remember they kidnapped that village of people who lived happy and free and cut their heads to sacrafice to the gods? Crazy good movie. The guy is talented.

When you say "dumb",

...are you referring to people who are unable to speak?
What's wrong with people who are unable to speak?

What's wrong with dumb people?

Why, are you a scientologist? What's right about it? Tell us. Or am I here to educate you on every word you don't understand?

Last edited:

Holly
He just hasn't done a lot of movies but it's not like he disappeared.

I can't believe Braveheart was 1995. Long time ago.

I also loved Passion of the Christ, even though he didn't star in it. AND that one movie about the Incas. Remember they kidnapped that village of people who lived happy and free and cut their heads to sacrafice to the gods? Crazy good movie. The guy is talented.
Mel has several movies that I watch everytime they are on TV. All of the Lethal Weapon movies, Conspiracy Theory, Braveheart, What Women Want, Bird On A Wire plus several others, There really aren't that many of his movies that I don't like. And I can only say that about a few other actors.

Don't really like watching The Patriot much,but only because it's really depressing not because of the actors involved.

Mel Gibson had the misfortune of having a truly awful, racist, anti semite father. When Mel gets drunk, he echos his father.

There was also a moment of fury with his baby mamma.

He really hasn't done anything.

Based on a true story.

That of medic...Pvt. Doss...medal of honor winner.

pvt doss medal of honor winner - Google Search

blob:https://www.youtube.com/6a3e1b45-346f-461f-b556-e5cf876c7ccd
No matter how nuts he is he's a great actor.

Like trump could murder someone or Michael Jackson could molest kids and still people love them, I'll always want to see the next Mel Gibson movie.

I used to feel that way about deniro and Pacino but there done enough crap Mel's even above them. He doesn't do bad movies. Yet

I wouldn't put ten cents in his pocket.

but no surprise at who is ok that the loser wants to make a comeback.

Yep. Libs just like propping up left leaning child molesters, wife beaters and racists.

See. Alec Baldwin. Sean Penn, Johnny Depp, Woody Allen, Lena Dunham, Roman Polanski, Tina Fey etc...

Based on a true story.

That of medic...Pvt. Doss...medal of honor winner.

pvt doss medal of honor winner - Google Search

blob:https://www.youtube.com/6a3e1b45-346f-461f-b556-e5cf876c7ccd
No matter how nuts he is he's a great actor.

Like trump could murder someone or Michael Jackson could molest kids and still people love them, I'll always want to see the next Mel Gibson movie.

I used to feel that way about deniro and Pacino but there done enough crap Mel's even above them. He doesn't do bad movies. Yet

I wouldn't put ten cents in his pocket.

but no surprise at who is ok that the loser wants to make a comeback.

You don't have to put any money in his pockets to watch his movies. They'll be on cable or a streaming service eventually. ;)

Outside of brave heart ive never been impressed with gibson.

Yep. Libs just like propping up left leaning child molesters, wife beaters and racists.

See. Alec Baldwin. Sean Penn, Johnny Depp, Woody Allen, Lena Dunham, Roman Polanski, Tina Fey etc...

What did Depp do? Only thing I recall is him bringing his dogs to Australia illegally. :lol:
He and Kate hudson talked shit about America when they were overseas. Lauren hill the singer is racist.

I think arianna grande made fun of Americans too when she licked that donut. Id still like her donut

Forum List

Back