Zone1 Mega Millions Billion Dollar Lottery - Your Ticket to Destruction

/——-/ You can buyUS lottery tickets online
  • While you can’t purchase Powerball tickets online directly from U.S. state lottery corporations, Canadians can buy Powerball tickets online through concierge services that will buy tickets on your behalf. Keep in mind that none of these services are sanctioned by or endorsed by Powerball.

Top Tips for Canadians Buying Powerball and U.S. Lottery ...

www.crossbordershopping.ca/powerball-and-us-lotteries
Too bad this is for MegaMillions!

Well, those people aren't the needy. I would determine that for myself, not respond to requests. I have thought of the name change thing, but thought that might be a problem for receiving the money or doing taxes. What I would do is move to Richmond or some larger city, collect the money, then move back.

Allegedly Virginia allows you to keep your name secret if you win more than $10M now

So sorry! My mistake. Telling the truth about you is forbidden in Zone 1.
Feel free to take your insult of me to the flame zone. But also be prepared to be humiliated if you do.

I almost never buy lottery tickets, so excuse me if I was wrong about the price of a ticket.

Lottery is a tax on people who are not good at math. No doubt a big part of the reason that lottery winners ruin their own lives with their millions is the kind of people who most often buy lottery tickets in the first place.

I don't mean that to apply to everyone who buys a ticket. I have no problem with gambling a dollar to win so much money. I used to buy a lottery ticket once in a while. But when I never won, I stopped doing that. It would have taken something close to divine intervention for me to win, and if God wanted me to be a millionaire, He wouldn't need the lottery to do it.

Contrast that to people who monthly take their social security money to the Valero and buy a couple of hundred tickets. Yes, they are more likely to win than the occasional buy, but also far more likely to come to a bad end when they do.

I would keep a 10% of it for myself and the other 90 would endow a charitable trust that would give 100000 dollar donations to one worthy charity every week of every year.

What's interesting about super big charitable trusts like billionaires establish is eventually they are always hijacked by leftwingers for leftwing purposes after a generation or two. I think of the Annenburg Foundation. Walter Annenburg himself was a conservative. And look what happened to the trust. It funded one of 0bama's failed boondoggles when he was a community organizer. Marxists always seem to get their hands on big piles of money.

But really what chance do any of us have of winning with all those psychics around? Don't they win it most of the time?

I would build a wall so fucking high! And open up private schools with Republican only teachers in urban areas with free tuition. Lol

But really what chance do any of us have of winning with all those psychics around? Don't they win it most of the time?
I recall hearing a news story on the radio about a young woman that was murdered by her father. The father was angry because the daughter had run up a $10,000 bill calling psychic hot lines (back when 1-900 numbers were a thing). She should have seen it coming!!!

I have seen what sudden unearned big money has does to people. It saps them of their drive, turns them inward, makes them more pleasure-seeking, makes them more materialistic, and insulates them from the needy. There are countless stories of lottery winners' lives being ruined: divorce, affairs, lavish and immoral living, drug dependency, gluttony, jealousy, and often poverty in the end.

I don't think money is going to make someone take up a drug habit. Hell, I've got plenty of money and I can't remember the last time I smoked a joint. Divorce? Yeah, the current rate of divorce in this country is such that big money doesn't really play a big role. Affairs? Those, also, routinely happen among people who aren't well off. Immoral living? That depends entirely on your morals, doesn't it? Jealousy? That's someone else's problem, not mine...

Here's the classic story of West Virginia's Jack Whittaker who won $300 million in 2002. He said numerous times he wishes he'd torn the winning ticket up.

Anecdotal.

I know a guy who won $3 million in the California lottery back in the mid-90's. The guy's net worth is now into nine figures...

Everyone reading this thinks "Oh, I would be sensible.

A person's definition of sensible certainly changes proportionally with their checking account balance...

I would buy a few things I need, but not change my lifestyle much."

Yeah, I laugh at people who say that.

I like to say that, yeah, that kind of money would definitely change me. The first thing it's gonna' change is the length of my driveway...

But trust me, you do. People think they will be able to handle a billion dollars. Very few can. The only proper way to handle it is to give it away, but how many want to do that? There is a reason the bible says the rich man has little chance of reaching Heaven. The essence of gaining grace is self-denial and prayer. But many people pray only when they need something. And if they have big money, they don't feel they need God anymore, and they're certainly not in the mood for self denial or penance. No, they're going to live it up.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” - Matthew 19:21-24

This is, of course, only pertinent to those who believe what's preached in the Bible...

But even giving a fortune away is fraught with difficulty. It really comes down to whose lives you want to ruin if you give them a big pile of cash. And it's the same with government, charities, even churches. Even those who start out with great intentions can be corrupted, humans being fallible like they are. Big piles of money corrupt. Period. I suppose the best way is to spread modest amounts to many different individuals and worthwhile groups.

Me? I'm going to buy a single $2 ticket. Odds of winning are one in 320 million, about the population of the US. If i win, I will make it my new career to search out worthwhile situations where a little money could help. But more so, I would consider it my obligation to dispose of it carefully without ruining anyone. I would NOT leave a great amount to my children or anyone else. I want them to make it to Heaven.

When I die, my daughter's going to be rich. Between investments, my two companies and life insurance policies, she won't have to work at all.

But I know she will. She's the most level-headed person I've ever met. She's already successful in her own right, and she's always telling me not to worry about her, and that I should just spend my money as I see fit.

Well, I already do that. When I have a need, I fill it. If I simply want something, I'll buy it. That's why I've worked as hard as I have for as long as I have. I already make charitable contributions to both local and national charities.

Having a billion dollars would be nice, and I don;t think it's the horrible thing you're making it out to be...

I used to be enamored with making money. It was a game to me, and I was good at it. I've since learned that things, even fun things that take your attention away from the most important goal, getting to Heaven, are a fool's errand. The three things to focus on are:

1. Prayer
2. Penance (self-denial)
3. Treating others as well as you can

Not coincidentally, the way to prepare for Heaven is also the best way to achieve happiness on earth.

"For what does it profit a man to gain the world but suffer the loss of his immortal soul?" - Mark 8:36

Last edited:
I used to be enamored with making money. It was a game to me, and I was good at it. I've since learned that things, even fun things that take your attention away from the most important goal, getting to Heaven, are a fool's errand.

Well, thankfully, I'm not encumbered with such nonsense.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners, and all that...

The three things to focus on are:

1. Prayer
2. Penance (self-denial)
3. Treating others as well as you can

I pray I don't burn the filet mignon.

There's little sense in denying myself anything.

I already treat others as well as I can. I do it not because I want to get into Heaven. I do it because I'm not a dick...

Not coincidentally, the way to prepare for Heaven is also the best way to achieve happiness on earth.

Cool. I'm already happy as Hell...

"For what does it profit a man to gain the world but suffer the loss of his immortal soul?" - Mark 8:36

Well, for starters, you'd have the world...

I won Mega Millions.
Bought one single ticket.

Well, I won $10 by hitting the power ball and two other numbers, but still....

Odds 1 in 693, so I was lucky.

Not all that intoxicated by the win,

Last edited:
If I win, I will spread the money among USMB members

I would endow scholarships .. set up trust funds.. purchase land and build a park.

There's so much a person could do with that kind of money. I would give a few million to the Ben Massell Clinic.

I would endow scholarships .. set up trust funds.. purchase land and build a park.

There's so much a person could do with that kind of money. I would give a few million to the Ben Massell Clinic.
It would be fun to study who has real need and help them. Not too much money, Just enough. Don't want to cause more harm than good.
But really, personal interaction is what we're supposed to do.

Forum List

Back