Mega Millions $1.6 BILLION

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
I am putting this here because it is a "Current Event" but if the Mods think it should be moved, then that's cool too.

Anyway, what would you do with the money if you won $1,600,000,000.00?

First thing is first for me, $160,000,000.00 will go to my church, but not all of it will go to just one, it will be spread around to different church's from Indiana to Pennsylvania. I know many Baptist Preachers not just here in the states but around the world doing really good work...that's where most will go to.

Second, pay off all my bills, my children's bills, my siblings bills and my inlaws bills. That's a given I'm sure for most here.

Third, I would buy a 10 acre plot of land close to the highway and build a special school that teaches different trades like Plumbing, Construction, Carpentry, Mechanic(diesel and gas), Welding, ect... Most of the students will get automatic scholarships but there will be certain students that can pay. I would have my own financial aid program where these students who can pay are not screwed when they graduate. I will even have a bus to pick kids, ranging from 16 years old plus, up at their homes, bring them to school and take them home.

Fourth, a 1969 Camaro SS 502 resto mod that handles like a Lamborghini, accelerates like an Koenisegg(sp?) and is just flat gorgeous.

Fifth, my wife wants a 1970 Chevelle with an automatic trans so, she only gets a 350, lol.

First of all, after taxes it's really $900 million. Then Uncle Sam takes a portion of that. So, you really get $600 million. But still, that's a lot of money.

Secondly, I would invest a third of that in my 401k. Maybe spread it around in tech stock - $AMZN, $APPL, and others. Then put the rest in bonds. That way, I let it build up interest.

I am putting this here because it is a "Current Event" but if the Mods think it should be moved, then that's cool too.

First thing is first for me, $160,000,000.00 will go to my church, but not all of it will go to just one, it will be spread around to different church's from Indiana to Pennsylvania. I know many Baptist Preachers not just here in the states but around the world doing really good work...that's where most will go to.

Second, pay off all my bills, my children's bills, my siblings bills and my inlaws bills. That's a given I'm sure for most here.

Third, I would buy a 10 acre plot of land close to the highway and build a special school that teaches different trades like Plumbing, Construction, Carpentry, Mechanic(diesel and gas), Welding, ect... Most of the students will get automatic scholarships but there will be certain students that can pay. I would have my own financial aid program where these students who can pay are not screwed when they graduate. I will even have a bus to pick kids, ranging from 16 years old plus, up at their homes, bring them to school and take them home.

Fourth, a 1969 Camaro SS 502 resto mod that handles like a Lamborghini, accelerates like an Koenisegg(sp?) and is just flat gorgeous.

Fifth, my wife wants a 1970 Chevelle with an automatic trans so, she only gets a 350, lol.
I'd pay off all of my properties, then retire and move to Oregon.
Then spend the rest of my life just working out.

I'm in Utah and we don't have the lottery. I wish you all luck. I wish I could participate. :)

If I could play it and win, I would pay off student loans and all of my families debts. Buy houses for relatives who do not have one and set up trust funds with conditions on the amounts given. The rest I would invest.

First of all, after taxes it's really $900 million. Then Uncle Sam takes a portion of that. So, you really get $600 million. But still, that's a lot of money.

Secondly, I would invest a third of that in my 401k. Maybe spread it around in tech stock - $AMZN, $APPL, and others. Then put the rest in bonds. That way, I let it build up interest.

Secondly, I would invest a third of that in my 401k.

Ummmm…..the annual contribution limit is $18,500.

I would give every family member and close friend a million dollars. I would also give a million to our local food banks, shelters and schools.

Outside of that I have no idea.

I would buy USMB

I hope that $1.6 Billion would be enough

I bought my ticket this morning. Told Habib at the local 711 that he better have my money when I come back for the money tomorrow.

The one thing people need to remember is if they are a Pennsylvania resident, the winnings are exempt from state tax, but only if you buy the tickets at a Pennsylvania retailer. If you cross the state line into Ohio, your screwed.

I bought my ticket this morning. Told Habib at the local 711 that he better have my money when I come back for the money tomorrow.

The one thing people need to remember is if they are a Pennsylvania resident, the winnings are exempt from state tax, but only if you buy the tickets at a Pennsylvania retailer. If you cross the state line into Ohio, your screwed.

Actually your last sentence applies to any topic. :D

I'm in Utah and we don't have the lottery. I wish you all luck. I wish I could participate. :)

If I could play it and win, I would pay off student loans and all of my families debts. Buy houses for relatives who do not have one and set up trust funds with conditions on the amounts given. The rest I would invest.
Same here in Alabama. Gambling is illegal. They’ll raid your house for a $20 pot poker game. Good thing GA isn’t too far away...

I’d buy property in a nice section of an Eastern European country where my millions would translate into billions.

As a rule, half goes to the IRS
The other half goes to the MRS

I'd like to move to a settlement in the West Bank.

My sister paid for the same DNA test than Pocahontas took, and we're twice as Jewish as she is Indian.

Forum List

Back