Meet the MEN who Romney and Conservative Republicans are Supporting!

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Remember when Romney and his supporters said that Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were apologizing for our values as the riots and attacks were unfolding on our embassy and consulate? Well, I didn't see an apology, and what these film makers did certainly doesn't reflect MY values. But I guess it reflects Romney's values and the values of conservatives since they've jumped ALL OVER this 'issue.'

The primary film maker, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, is in hiding. So, it will likely be some time before he comes out of his hole. Hell, for all anyone knows, he could be at the GOP headquarters.

But the other principal, Steve Klein, is MORE than happy to speak on camera to proudly announce his involvement. He hates those 'damn Mooslims' just like any self-respecting conservative who fought the so-called Mosque being built near ground zero in NYC.

Steve Klein’s anti-Muslim crusade - Salon.com

New details emerge of anti-Islam film's mystery producer - CNN.com

Think I'm overstating the case? I'm not. The 2012 Family Research Council's Value Voters Summit is going on RIGHT NOW in Washington DC. Back in 2011, there was a speaker there whose views seem to be right in line with Steve Klein's. His name is Bryan Fisher. You can listen to some of his views because he's not shy about sharing them. You think he and his supporters believe in the Constitution? Why? Because he says so just like all the other conservatives who are ALWAYS talking about the constitution? You better guess again. Below is what Fischer has to say about the 1st Amendment:
Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims, for the simple reason that it was not written to protect the religion of Islam. Islam is entitled only to the religious liberty we extend to it out of courtesy. While there certainly ought to be a presumption of religious liberty for non-Christian religious traditions in America, the Founders were not writing a suicide pact when they wrote the First Amendment.

Our government has no obligation to allow a treasonous ideology to receive special protections in America, but this is exactly what the Democrats are trying to do right now with Islam.

From a constitutional point of view, Muslims have no First Amendment right to build mosques in America. They have that privilege at the moment, but it is a privilege that can be revoked if, as is in fact the case, Islam is a totalitarian ideology dedicated to the destruction of the United States. The Constitution, it bears repeating, is not a suicide pact. For Muslims, patriotism is not the last refuge of a scoundrel, but the First Amendment is.
Bryan Ficsher and Steve Klein are basically cut from the same cloth. So, if you want to know why Romney went on the attack against Obama in the aftermath of the attacks on our people, it's because they support the kind of people who make films like "The Innocence of Muslim."

The irony of all this is that these men (men like Klein and Fischer) are anti-Mormon as well as anti-Muslim. It's just a matter of degree. Undoubtedly, they would be anti-whatever your beliefs are if your beliefs don't align with theirs.

You can watch the movie that's causing all this trouble in ME at the last link.

Bryan Fischer's Speech To The Values Voter Summit | rightwingwatch.org

Fischer: No First Amendment Rights for Muslims | rightwingwatch.org

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM"]Sam Bacile Muhammad Movie FULL HD - Innocence of Muslims - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The movie reminds me of the video about Joseph Smith and the Mormons.

What the Islamics were doing at that time in history was not an abnormalidy in terms of empires . look at the Roman Catholics and there continuos wars, even against each other, their forms of torture and death.
The social aspect of human interaction was like it was, cause that is what humans had been doing for many hundreds of years.

Last edited:
So you dont think people are entitled to Free speech if they say something bad or even wrong about Islam?

Meet the MEN who Romney and Conservative Republicans are Supporting!

So what you're telling us is you have a problem with a First Amendment?

I don't know how you reach that conclusion. It is Bryan Fischer who clearly stated that "Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims..."

I don't know. Perhaps because you are trying to claim that we are somehow bad for defending someone's free speech

anyone icited to riot over a movie is responsible for thier own actions, as well as the punishment they may recieve for thier actions.

I support free speech, while I would not make such a film, I stand for the right of others to do so. I will vote for a leader who holds the same values.

So you dont think people are entitled to Free speech if they say something bad or even wrong about Islam?

Are you aware that all of our rights have limits? Free speech doesn't give a person a right to engage in an incitement to riot.

This person didn't engage in anything but making a damn movie..and the GOP isn't supporting anyone, they are supporting our RIGHTS of FREEDOM of speech and Expression..

you don't like it, go move to the middle east

So what you're telling us is you have a problem with a First Amendment?

I don't know how you reach that conclusion. It is Bryan Fischer who clearly stated that "Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims..."

I don't know. Perhaps because you are trying to claim that we are somehow bad for defending someone's free speech

The same right wingers who are defending the attempt to start a war are the SAME dirty people who support the right of a brutal rapist to be a father and engage in undermining democracy through voter suppression.

Clearly, this is where the Republican philosophy of "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed" leads.

The same right wingers who are defending the attempt to start a war are the SAME dirty people who support the right of a brutal rapist to be a father and engage in undermining democracy through voter suppression.

Clearly, this is where the Republican philosophy of "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed" leads.

OMG, please commit yourself

Are you aware that all of our rights have limits? Free speech doesn't give a person a right to engage in an incitement to riot.

Making a movie in and of itself is not something that incites a riot. The people telling people to riot over a movie are a completely different story.

No one is attempting to start a war here, except maybe the people attacking our embassies, which we have denounced. Are you even paying attention?

And since no one is doing any of the other things your suggesting, I would recommend you sit down and regroudn yourself in reality.

This person didn't engage in anything but making a damn movie..and the GOP isn't supporting anyone, they are supporting our RIGHTS of FREEDOM of speech and Expression..

you don't like it, go move to the middle east

This thread isn't about the movie. And it's not even about freedom of speech. As the subject line clearly indicates, it's about the men I named. Now, Klein might be a marginal player, but his views certainly aren't outside the framework what's considered to be the kind of conservative thinking which is shared by people who are prominent in Republican Party politics. The Family Research Council's Value Voters Summit (which is going on right now) is a case in point. The FRC is a powerful force in the GOP. Look at the speakers at this years event. There's Michele Bachman, former presidential candidate. There's Rick Santorum, same. Paul Ryan, VP nominee. Jim DeMint. These are the movers and shakers in the GOP.

Bryan Fischer is not a speaker this year, but he's no stranger to this crowd. And he's not on the fringe as far as people like Tony Perkins (who runs the FRC) is concerned. These are the people who are basically determining the direction of the party.

"Engage in an incitement to riot"
is pretty subjective, no ?

Considering what happened, it's a reasonable suspicion. The next question would be to ask what there intentions were in the first place. After all, if someone made a film about Jesus of Nazareth which depicted him as a child molester and a reprobate and then tried to market it to Christian audiences, it's certainly reasonable to believe that their intention was to inflame the passions of believers.

With that said, the video was placed on the Internet where anyone could watch it. When one recalls that Americans were attacked in violent riots after it was revealed that Korans were burned in dumps, how could anyone expect any other reaction. That's especially true since it's apparent that the film is exactly the kind of PR coop that al Qaeda would try to exploit in their pursuit of a larger religious war against the West.

Forum List

Back