Meet our new Kitty!

I need some help!

The 7 year old cat has been hidden behind the chair since we brought home "Kiki." If the kitten comes near him, he hisses and moans at the new baby.

Advice on how to make them, "friends?" :eusa_pray:
It's just going to take time.

Cats, especially older ones, fear change, any change whatsoever. Remember, your 7 year-old is actually 49!

I need some help!

The 7 year old cat has been hidden behind the chair since we brought home "Kiki." If the kitten comes near him, he hisses and moans at the new baby.

It's just going to take time.

Cats, especially older ones, fear change, any change whatsoever. Remember, your 7 year-old is actually 49!

MM is right. It might take a while. You could put him in a room by himself until he's ready to come out on his own, that way he's not so stressed and will eat and drink if he's not currently. Then you can switch rooms so he can get used to the new one's scent.

Now, like Eve expected: Awwwwwwww! She is so beautiful! Seriously, tears clouding my vision and its kinda embarassing. Kittens are the most adorable things on the planet, even more than baby pygmy hippos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHSb6JN6z7k]YouTube - Meet the cutest baby in the world[/ame]

or fuzzy puppies, baby pandas, baby chics or ducklings, and all of those things which turn me into a huge great aunt who just can't contain herself whenever you came around when you were a baby.

Good for you, EZ. Way to make the world a better place, especially for your brand new kitty. Big rep comin'.

Echo, you should have a cat naming contest.

My contribution is Echo Zulu.

lets see tiff has been here for 6 weeks....clark is accepting...not roland...he will run over to her and dominate her....he still pops her....not with claws out but a solid pop...it can up to a year

I need some help!

Good luck. First off, you need to pay more attention to the 7-year old.. Pet him while he's pitching a fit, talking to him in that soothing little "it's ok" voice.. Have Mini hold the kitten, doing the same thing.. then, switch places and cats so both smells are on both of you.

Do that for awhile, and then separate them.

After a couple days of that, get a package of treats, and toss them in opposite directions one at a time..tossing closer and closer together each time. The next day, spread a can of cat food over a plate, and put it in the main feeding area for them..

Also, get a stringy toy, and play with the kitten.. After a bit, the older one will come and see what's going on, and probably try to play, too..

Ratt was 16 when we got Skittles, and she managed to deal...VERY grudginly. But, all these things worked.

Other than that, expect the older one to smack the smaller one around some, and let him. The kitten will actually cower a bit, knowing his "place".

We adopted a new 10 week old kitten from the shelter yesterday. She is so tiny and cute. She will never replace our beloved Kiki Lou, but she's helping us heal, because she is a PISTOL! :lol:

kittycat.jpg

Adorable! I have a cat hanging around my porch, she will not leave, I think she has been abandoned, poor thing. I do not want to take her to the shelter, because they have been euthanizing all cats becauuse people are too stupid and lazy to get their animals fixed.

For some weird reason, cats always adopt me, instead of the other way around :eusa_eh:

Sorry about your Kiki Lou, Echo :(

Last edited:
We adopted a new 10 week old kitten from the shelter yesterday. She is so tiny and cute. She will never replace our beloved Kiki Lou, but she's helping us heal, because she is a PISTOL! :lol:

kittycat.jpg

Adorable! I have a cat hanging around my porch, she will not leave, I think she has been abandoned, poor thing. I do not want to take her to the shelter, because they have been euthanizing all cats becauuse people are too stupid and lazy to get their animals fixed.

For some weird reason, cats always adopt me, instead of the other way around :eusa_eh:

Am I the only one that thinks baby kitty looks like your avatar Pixie Stix? :lol:

kittycat.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks baby kitty looks like your avatar Pixie Stix? :lol:

That is what I was thinking. My little girls name is Pixie, her middle name is Stix...:lol:

Forum List

Back