RIP Kiki Lou~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Today my cat Kiki Lou died peacefully at home in his sleep. :(

He has been a member of my family for 21 years, he would have been 22 in November. I know some of us have talked about our cats on here, and some of you were amazed I had a cat that was 21 years old.

He was a good kitty cat, and will be missed by all of us.

RIP my good little furry friend, you were loved.

I'm so sorry to hear that Echo!! Kiki was the best!!And he had the best owner he could ever hope for. I'm glad it was peaceful and he didn't suffer. I'm sure you will miss him for a long time.

He has been a member of my family for 21 years, he would have been 22 in November. I know some of us have talked about our cats on here, and some of you were amazed I had a cat that was 21 years old.

I'm sorry to hear this EZ, I know you will miss him. Cats are just the best!

Aww, sorry to hear that Echo. I know how that goes, recently lost a cat that was in the family for 18 years a few years ago.

To live for 21 years though showed he had a great owner who took great care of him.

Last edited:
Echo, I hope Lil' Echo is doing okay. It's awful when you loose your first pet. Awful when you loose any pet, really.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human can hardly move!

I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"

I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly, I have sharp teeth -
And my claws I will unsheath

For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.

The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night.

Thank you Echo
I now rest in peace​

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

So sorry Echo. Still, he had a long innings and it sounds like the end was peaceful, which is all any of us can ask for.

We lost 3 cats in 12 months - my mother's white cat Pooka (heart attack), a black medium hair called Leo (fell out of a tree) and a tiger striped tabby cat called Tigger (who disappeared 2 weeks later, presumably to look for his friend Leo, and was never seen again).

Animals really do become a part of the family in a very short time, don't they? I'll be heartbroken when my dog, Gibson, finally moves on.

21 years. Wow. Either a very tough cat or a very loving 'mom'. Probably both.

I'm so sorry I know losing a member of the family is very tough and your heart hurts.

CatandKittenHug_Stare.JPG

Here is a Kitty hug for you!

21 years old???

Wow!

I'm sorry to hear your loss.

I'm sure your cat is in a better place with lots of yarn and catnip...and no pain.

Well Echo, I know I already posted, but do remember, that cat was taken good care of for so long that it's older than me. (Though that's not saying much I suppose?) :lol:

Amazing how the death of a family pet can bring everyone together. :eusa_angel:

I have 6 pets and they are all members of my family:

Neo - Dog
Einstein - Dog
Teddie - Cat
Peaches - Cat
Wall-E - Rat
Maybe - Rat

Forum List

Back