Medicare and oxygen

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I have a rather bad migraine. Last night I had to sleep without the oxygen I have been on at night for 2 years to prove to Medicare that I need it so they will pay secondary - $17 a month. Not much now, but when I retire and they are primary, it would be considerably more. I awoke 3 times and my oxygen saturation was down to 85 which is pretty scary. Likely that is why I have the migraine today.

I wonder if Medicaid recipients who are on oxygen are told to risk their lives for one night to get it paid for. Somehow I seriously doubt it.

Have you tried sleeping with the window open?

In the winter I open the window a crack during the day to air out the room, then at night I sleep with a fan blowing on me. My O2 levels improved enough that I no longer need the equipment.

In the winter I open the window a crack during the day to air out the room, then at night I sleep with a fan blowing on me. My O2 levels improved enough that I no longer need the equipment.

You idiot. I have a terminal lung disease that requires I be on oxygen. Opening the goddamned window isn't going to cure it. Shithead.

You idiot. I have a terminal lung disease that requires I be on oxygen. Opening the goddamned window isn't going to cure it. Shithead.

And exactly how the fuck was I supposed to know that, Princess?

You should still give it a shot. It might make you feel better and improve your shitty disposition. :evil:

I have a rather bad migraine. Last night I had to sleep without the oxygen I have been on at night for 2 years to prove to Medicare that I need it so they will pay secondary - $17 a month. Not much now, but when I retire and they are primary, it would be considerably more. I awoke 3 times and my oxygen saturation was down to 85 which is pretty scary. Likely that is why I have the migraine today.

I wonder if Medicaid recipients who are on oxygen are told to risk their lives for one night to get it paid for. Somehow I seriously doubt it.

I have COPD which is getting worse and no medical insurance this should get interesting for me

You should still give it a shot. It might make you feel better and improve your shitty disposition. :evil:

You might try reading before posting you stupid fuck.

At least the Medicare will pay for the oxygen now. I guess they are disappointed I lived through the night.

I went back and read your original post three times and I don't see where it says you have a terminal lung disease.

Sorry, I'm going to have to take Grandma's side on this one. You have a really shitty disposition. Maybe there's good reason for that, but you're kind of hard to like.

So you risked your own life so you can get an extra seventeen dollars more a month? Sounds sensible to me. :cuckoo:

85...thats pretty bad. You need the O2

85...thats pretty bad. You need the O2

That's just what I saw. I leaned today it went to 83 for 3 hours.

My goodness, what an ugly attitude you possess! You didn't say a damn thing about terminal lung disease but you lash out at the person trying to offer honest advice? You ask for advice, get it, and then criticize those that did as you ask...all the while throwing out nasty name calling. What a pathetic person you are.

My goodness, what an ugly attitude you possess! You didn't say a damn thing about terminal lung disease but you lash out at the person trying to offer honest advice? You ask for advice, get it, and then criticize those that did as you ask...all the while throwing out nasty name calling. What a pathetic person you are.

Oooh...and now a neg. What a tool!

Well, the only thing I can say is that I experienced some severe pain last week when I went to the ER with what appeared to be a gallbladder attack. And if I bring back to mind what that pain was like I can understand why someone would get grouchy when they're in pain. But mine was bad enough that I had no interest in posting on forums. All I could think about was the pain and getting it to go away.

But I can see where someone might lash out when they're in a lot of pain. Not making excuses, just thnking that might be what's wrong with Sunshine.

I don't like to see anyone in pain. : (

Last edited:

Forum List

Back