Media: When the good guys are bad guys and the bad guys are the good guys

Cookie

Jul 4, 2013
Mississippi
Ever watch "Dexter"? It is a TV show about a serial killer who is actually a decent fellow because: #1 - He feels bad sometimes and wishes for a more normal life, #2 - He likes other people and is otherwise an upstanding member of society and #3 - He only kills people who "deserve it". BTW, I like "Dexter".

Ever watch "Person of Interest"? It is a TV show about a computer genius who invents software that can predict when and where a crime will be committed. He is disappointed that the givernment doesn't want to use the software (so unbelievable) so he hires a former assassin to hunt down the potential victims and prevent the crime. Secondary characters are police officers who sort of run interference for them.

I am sure there are other examples in TV and movies.

It is no secret that those in Washington DC have become buddy-buddy with those in Hollywood. Is it possible that these shows are introduced and produced as a sort of propaganda for the givernment? "Person of Interest" would be a show used to convince that unconstitutional invasions of privacy are actually a good thing. "Dexter" would be a show that is used to convince the general sheeple that all that bother with arrests and trials is just a technicality (if Dexter could kill with drones, I'm sure he would but it wouldn't be quite as dramatic).

Forum List

Back