Media Matters declares victory

Funny, I saw you arguing that the fact that they didn't call it terrorism proves it wasn't terrorism. Now you are blaming it all on someone else, and still saying that everyone who calls terrorism terrorism is part of an unthinking mob.

That makes no sense at all.

I never argued that what anyone calls it or doesn't call it makes it anything. I argued that there's a definition for terrorism, and this event does not meet it.

"Blaming someone else" for what? No idea what the fuck you're babbling about here. Nor have I alluded to an "unthinking mob". On the contrary, a news purveyor using the terrorism bandwagon isn't unthinking at all, it's calculated manipulation. And as we said way back, CNN is not particularly good at that. OTOH Fox Noise is. That's why they're, to finally reach back to your OP, "number one". Because fear and loathing sells.

Yes, there is a definition of terrorism, and the Boston marathon bombing meets it.

...the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

Try again.

That's been brought out days ago, by me, and it supports my point.
Here's the relevant part in case it whizzed by:

to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives

I fully agree with that. I've been saying that throughout.

Try again.

Or not.

That makes no sense at all.

I never argued that what anyone calls it or doesn't call it makes it anything. I argued that there's a definition for terrorism, and this event does not meet it.

"Blaming someone else" for what? No idea what the fuck you're babbling about here. Nor have I alluded to an "unthinking mob". On the contrary, a news purveyor using the terrorism bandwagon isn't unthinking at all, it's calculated manipulation. And as we said way back, CNN is not particularly good at that. OTOH Fox Noise is. That's why they're, to finally reach back to your OP, "number one". Because fear and loathing sells.

Yes, there is a definition of terrorism, and the Boston marathon bombing meets it.

Try again.

to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives

Try again.

Or not.

He was charged with terrorism under that definition.

That makes you wrong, embrace the suck.

Try again.

Try again.

Or not.

It does huh?

So you believe the government is always right? Fascinating. :eusa_whistle:

And we all know charging somebody with something magically makes it true... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's not that *I* don't get it. Terrorism doesn't exist for "me". It's that WE don't get it.

Nobody here has been able to articulate what that message was. I'm the one saying that that's because no such message exists.

We who? I get the message of terrorism, they hate. That is their only message, even if they dress it up in pretty clothes for people like you that need pretty clothes to see things.

"We" = us, we the people, the public. No message conveyed to the public. "We hate" doesn't make a message without an object in the sentence. That's the missing element.
"We hate" what? People who run in races?

No. Just Americans.

Specifics are not needed.

Soft targets, gun-free zones. Places you don't expect resistance. If security were relaxed at government buildings I'm sure they would have been targeted.

Last edited:
We who? I get the message of terrorism, they hate. That is their only message, even if they dress it up in pretty clothes for people like you that need pretty clothes to see things.

"We" = us, we the people, the public. No message conveyed to the public. "We hate" doesn't make a message without an object in the sentence. That's the missing element.
"We hate" what? People who run in races?

No. Just Americans.

Specifics are not needed.

Nope - that doesn't work either.

Soft targets, gun-free zones. Places you don't expect resistance. If security were relaxed at government buildings I'm sure they would have been targeted.

Again, you're describing the "how". Not the "what's the point".

Try again.

Or not.

It does huh?

And we all know charging somebody with something magically makes it true... :rolleyes:

No, but I do believe that you are always wrong.

Yes, Media Matters won by repeatedly slamming their face into Fox News' fist. :lol:

As recently as last month, a poll showed that Fox News is the most trusted source of information about the most important issue in America today: ObamaCare. Fox News beat "friends and family," NPR, President Obama, and every rival news network. As recently as last month, Fox News absolutely crushed CNN and MSNBC in the ratings. In both total viewers and the all-important 25-54 age demo, Fox News beat both of them combined. Moreover, out of over 100 channels, Fox News is #2 in all of cable..... Fox News isn't just dominant; it's competition is in deep, deep water and either drowning or barely treading water. If that's a victory for Media Matters, I'd love to know what defeat looks like. - breitbart.com - Media Matters Declares 'Victory' over Fox News

Media Matters for America Dictates the content of many mainstream media reports

MMfA Engages in underhanded mud-slinging tactics against conservatives attempting to label them as liars and racists

MMfA attempts to create the illusion that conservatives dominate the mainstream media

MMfA Had regular contact and strategy sessions with political operatives within the Obama Regime

MMfA conspired with Attorney General Eric Holder's office in an effort to discredit and suppress news stories about scandals plaguing the Justice Department
Media Matters for America

Ratings don't come from credibility. They never have. They come from sensationalism. Emotional candy. Because that's all television is capable of.

The Rightwing may not have the expertise the LIberals have in deceptive journalism, media manipulation and underhanded almost subliminal attempts at mental programming and behavioral modification , but a least they have Fox News to lend some balance and credibility to the Industry as a whole, decades of Left Wing Liberal Bullshit is being challenged and the Liberals are Irate ...lmao

Dan Rather, a long time spokesman and hero of the Liberal Left , has an extensive history of "yellow journalism" media manipulation, propagandizing and sensationalizing, and it finally caught up with him - don't worry the rest will be coming down too ! Dan Rather

Last edited:

Try again.

Or not.

It does huh?

It works for the media.

As recently as last month, a poll showed that Fox News is the most trusted source of information about the most important issue in America today: ObamaCare. Fox News beat "friends and family," NPR, President Obama, and every rival news network. As recently as last month, Fox News absolutely crushed CNN and MSNBC in the ratings. In both total viewers and the all-important 25-54 age demo, Fox News beat both of them combined. Moreover, out of over 100 channels, Fox News is #2 in all of cable..... Fox News isn't just dominant; it's competition is in deep, deep water and either drowning or barely treading water. If that's a victory for Media Matters, I'd love to know what defeat looks like. - breitbart.com - Media Matters Declares 'Victory' over Fox News

Media Matters for America Dictates the content of many mainstream media reports

MMfA Engages in underhanded mud-slinging tactics against conservatives attempting to label them as liars and racists

MMfA attempts to create the illusion that conservatives dominate the mainstream media

MMfA Had regular contact and strategy sessions with political operatives within the Obama Regime

MMfA conspired with Attorney General Eric Holder's office in an effort to discredit and suppress news stories about scandals plaguing the Justice Department
Media Matters for America

Ratings don't come from credibility. They never have. They come from sensationalism. Emotional candy. Because that's all television is capable of.

The Rightwing may not have the expertise the LIberals have in deceptive journalism, media manipulation and underhanded almost subliminal attempts at mental programming and behavioral modification , but a least they have Fox News to lend some balance and credibility to the Industry as a whole, decades of Left Wing Liberal Bullshit is being challenged and the Liberals are Irate ...lmao

Dan Rather, a long time spokesman and hero of the Liberal Left , has an extensive history of "yellow journalism" media manipulation, propagandizing and sensationalizing, and it finally caught up with him - don't worry the rest will be coming down too ! Dan Rather

You completely miss the point. Ideology doesn't create ratings any more than news does. Polarization creates ratings. Drama creates ratings. Hair-on-fire rants with old guys pounding on the table creates ratings. Fake wrestling creates ratings. Paternity tests create ratings. Scandal creates ratings. Fear and loathing and angst and fear and disaster and calamity and fear.

That's how Fox Noise became successfull -- applying the tabloid mentality to TV news. A bunch of talking heads talking about the news rather than reporting it. Taking sides, polarizing, suggesting fear and loathing and scandal and conspiracy and "us against them", and our channel of course is on your side.

Emotional candy, as I already said. Or as it's also known, "bullshit".

Emotional candy, as I already said. Or as it's also known, "bullshit".

I'll eat the candy . You can eat the Bullshit. Want some Hot Sauce ?

As far as emotional candy - CBS and the other Left wing outlets have been doing this for decades - it's only when the right wing started following suit that things got interested - The lefties are up in arms and irate that the right wing dare to use their tactics.

Here's one example of Many

The Wall Within
Vietnam Veterans - Invented Story / Bogus Vets

In June 1988, CBS presented an hour-long special "CBS Reports: The Wall Within" . The show was praised by critics, the Washington Post called it "extraordinarily powerful" One Vet Terry Bradley, told Rather he had tortured and skinned alive whole Vietnamese families, 50 men, women, and children in a single hour. George Grule claimed he was stationed on the U.S.S. Ticonderoga off the Vietnamese coast during a secret mission. Grule claimed to have witnessed a friend walk into an airplane propeller which turned him into mincemeat and sprayed Grule with his blood. Coaxed by Dan Rather, Steve Southards, vividly described slaughtering hordes of Vietnamese civilians, and blaming the North Vietnamese. "... you went into the village, killed people, burned part of the village, then made it appear that the other side had done this?" Rather replied. Grizzly fantastic horrifying tales, ALL FABRICATED - ---

B. G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley, in their book *Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History*, claim that they had obtained the service records of all six soldiers, documenting where each was stationed throughout the Vietnam War. Only one of the men actually served in Vietnam; he claimed he was a Navy SEAL, but the records contradicted his claims and listed him as an equipment repairman , the other 5 never even set foot on Vietnamese soil. I can understand and possibly forgive One charlatan slipping through, but not 6 !!!!

A similar incident occurred In 1998, apparently CNN took lessons from the same folks who controlled Dan Rather when they ran a report that the 1970 Operation Tailwind used Sarin gas to kill American defectors . The Pentagon denied the story. Skeptics proved it extremely improbable that such an atrocity went unnoticed , and CNN had no facts or viable witnesses to offer the slightest bit of credibility to the story. After a short inquiry, CNN red-faced - issued a retraction

The Wall Within - Vietnam Veterans - Invented Story / Bogus Vets

Last edited:
demofull_2-18.jpg

images

Forum List

Back