Media Malpractice

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Rather well done biography of the 2008 Election...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD6YjpViUU&feature=related]YouTube - Media Malpractice Highlights 1[/ame]

I guess you have never known nor worked with good people? For those of us who have been in the salt mines for a long time, Obama represented a fresh look and values that were quintessentially American. We can do it if we put our minds and our backs to it. I am wondering how many asked these questions of Bush Jr? But those were simpler times and Gore or Bush seemed a trade off for many. Who could have looked into their crystal ball and saw the tragedy that administration wrought.

I guess you have never known nor worked with good people? For those of us who have been in the salt mines for a long time, Obama represented a fresh look and values that were quintessentially American. We can do it if we put our minds and our backs to it. I am wondering how many asked these questions of Bush Jr? But those were simpler times and Gore or Bush seemed a trade off for many. Who could have looked into their crystal ball and saw the tragedy that administration wrought.

I'm always amazed at the "salt mine workers" who think the election of any narcistic, power-hungry, smooth-talking politician to the presidency of the U.S. can change their lives. I've been in the salt mines, working 2 jobs day and night, raising a family, getting an education and promoting myself. I didn't wait for a politician to change my situation in life. In the end, hard work allowed me to retire at age 56, and I now live a very comfortable life. It really ain't that hard if you set goals for yourself for years down the road. But if you only think ahead to the weekend then you will always be stuck in the salt mines no matter who lives in the White House and no matter what they promise in the way of helping the poor or change. In this country everyone has the opportunity to leave the "salt mines" if they apply themselves. No excuses!!!

I'm always amazed at the "salt mine workers" who think the election of any narcistic, power-hungry, smooth-talking politician to the presidency of the U.S. can change their lives. I've been in the salt mines, working 2 jobs day and night, raising a family, getting an education and promoting myself. I didn't wait for a politician to change my situation in life. In the end, hard work allowed me to retire at age 56, and I now live a very comfortable life. It really ain't that hard if you set goals for yourself for years down the road. But if you only think ahead to the weekend then you will always be stuck in the salt mines no matter who lives in the White House and no matter what they promise in the way of helping the poor or change. In this country everyone has the opportunity to leave the "salt mines" if they apply themselves. No excuses!!!

Awesome post - great message.

In this country everyone has the opportunity to leave the "salt mines" if they apply themselves. No excuses!!!

Sure everyone has an opportunity, but is it a realistic opportunity? Every society needs people at the bottom of the heap....if everybody earning $2 million a year there would be hyper inflation and you'd have to be earning $1 billion a year to be considered successful. This "everybody can succeed if they try hard enough" is total BS usually spouted by successful people, who believe everybody has their mindset. Well they don't. That is why you have humans in many different incarnations...

This "everybody can succeed if they try hard enough" is total BS usually spouted by successful people, who believe everybody has their mindset. Well they don't. -- DG

Successful people spout because they did it. Do you want a homeless person telling you that you can do better?

I agree that a poor-old-me mindset will prevent success. And these people can't be helped no matter how much you take from me and give to them, ala Obama spreading the wealth or LBJ's 45-year-old war on poverty that has punished achievers and made thousands of our citizens dependent on government handouts.

Last edited:

So how about you go do it and the President go take a very big vacation? Oh wait, you mean his message of hope and change meant we can all work for the Government? Oh now it makes sense...

Forum List

Back