Medi-Share.org -- Any reviews or other exempted options?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
My friends who are against ACA as unconstitutional found a Christian based health sharing organization that is exempt from ACA. She says they pay 300 a month and it counts as buying insurance. In case of catastrophic illness the deductible is 5,000 see Christian Care Ministry - Home Page

Does anyone else have reviews of Medi-Share?
Or any other exempt options or low cost alternatives for insurance to avoid ACA penalties?

My friends who are against ACA as unconstitutional found a Christian based health sharing organization that is exempt from ACA. She says they pay 300 a month and it counts as buying insurance. In case of catastrophic illness the deductible is 5,000 see Christian Care Ministry - Home Page

Does anyone else have reviews of Medi-Share?
Or any other exempt options or low cost alternatives for insurance to avoid ACA penalties?
Medi-share is indeed a unique program for providing assistance with medical care, but unlike health insurance programs this route uses blatant discrimination to prevent certain individuals from benefiting from its service. Mychristiancare.org specifically points out that only those engaging in sexual intercourse within a “Christian” marriage are allowed to join. This immediately eliminates gay, lesbian, and transgender individuals from enrolling in Medi-share. The program also places limits on services it covers based upon religious beliefs and states specifically that abortions will not be covered under any circumstance.

To be clear, Medi-share is not an insurance program. Medi-share operates as a non-profit group and while members pay into a group fund each month, the money is never Medi-share’s money. Furthermore, Medi-share is not required to pay any bill, nor keep cash reserves on hand.REF and more info:How Does Medi-Share Work,Who and What is Medi-Share, Medi-Share Reviews. — News on Health Care I hope this helps

Forum List

Back